It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1974 UFO Sighting West of Lake George in Wales Massachusetts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is a synopsis of what I saw. The event occured around between 11:00 PM to approximately 11:45 PM on or abouts 14 Aug 1974. I was out alone fishing in the S.E. corner of Lake George in Wales, Massachusetts, close to the norther boder of Connecticut and about 15 miles South East of Westover AFB in Chicopee, Massachusetts. It was a little chilly and there was a slight breeze blowing and the fish weren't biting so I was getting ready to haul in the anchor and head back to our cabin. The bow of the row boat I was fishing in was facing mostly north, and I was seated in the middle of the boat facing aft. Out of the corner of my right eye I detected a streak of light, a fairly wide and long meteor trail, and I got a hint of a faint wooshing sound at the same time. It thought it was pretty neat and just as I uttered a "wow, Cool!" the streak faded and at that instant a "light" just turned on right at the end of the faded Meteor trail. The light was larger than any aircraft landing or anti-collision light I'd ever seen, and since I was 14 yeras old at the time and grew up right outside of Westover AFB, I have always loved wathcing the prop and jet aircraft that used to use the base. The light apperaed to be about a third of the width of the tip of the little finger on my right hand held at arms length, and although it was bright, it was not overly bright, and seemed to be slightly "fuzzy" along it's perimeter. Needless to say, I gave it plently of attention. There was a low level of haze and a slight glow to the sky that night, and the "light" seems to drift towards the south, in an arc to the Southwest. I watched it for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, and it never changed in intensity or made a rapid change in speed of drift nor did it seem to change altitude much. As the "light" drifted to a point due south of me, a small single engine aircraft approached from the east at relatively low altitude and at low airspeed. it sounded alot like a Piper Cub or a small Cessna. As the aircraft approached closer to the "light", the light dimmed and then went completely out. After the small plane went by the "lights" location the "light" came back up, almost like it was on a "dimmer" switch. At that point, the anti-collision lights on the small aircraft went out and after a pause they came back on again. The engine noise from the plane stayed constant. The lights on the small plane again went out and then on again in a couple of quick blinks and I wondered out loud if the pilot of that plane had also seen the "light" hanging and drifitng in the sky. The "light" did not seem to respond to the plane blinking its anti-coll lights, but instead of continuing a drift to the the South East it seemed to begin ascending straight up. I hauled my anchor, rowed over to the nearest boat landing and beached the rowboat. I ran down to our cabin and got my dads binoculars and went up to a little clearing were my brother was hanging out with some other kids. I told him what I'd seen and asked him to take a look at the light through the bino's with me and see what he thought it might be. By this time the "light had risen to a point more thn 80 degrees directly overhead but was still significantly larger and brighter than any of the surrounding stars, of which there were plenty to be seen since we had very little problems with light pollution from that vantage point. We continued to watch the "light" as it ascended and both of us agreed that through the bino's we could discern what appeared to be a dull gray "hull" like structure behind the round but fuzzy "light". Eventually, it continued to ascend and eventually we lost it against the starfield. I didn't get any impression of communication of intelligence associated with the light except for the way it had dimmed and then re-appeared after the small plane had passed by earlier. The next night, while out fishing again with my brother, and my oldest brother and my bother-in-law, we saw between 10 to 15 military helicopters and what we assumed were C-123 Provider transport aircraft flying around the general vicinity of Lake George for about 30 to 40 minutes around 10 o'clock. We couldn't find any mention of this flight activity in the news the next few days. Anyway, that's the first time I saw a UFO, and except for the initial appearance of the "light", I was not afraid and thought it was a pretty cool experience. I couldn't find any mention of the incident in the papers nor did I find any reports by the pilot of the small plane that was operating in the area and that seemed to try and communicate with the "light" by blinking his anti-collision lights at the "thing". I have seen other "anomalous" lights in the sky since then, but never any of the duration or close proximity of the one I saw at Lake George that August evening. Any ATS'ers living in the Lake George area of Massachusetts around that time I'd like to hear if you might have seen something yourselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
That was before my time sorry.

new topics

join