It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car bomb kills policeman in Northern Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Car bomb kills policeman in Northern Ireland

(Reuters) - A policeman was killed when a bomb exploded under his car in the Northern Irish town of Omagh on Saturday, the first killing in the British-controlled province for two years.

The 25-year-old constable died outside his home, a police spokesman said.

Read more at:

www.reuters.com...< br />
As I have stated in my other threads, Ireland is going to erupt in violence because the IMF has unreasonable demands upon the Irish people to pay back the loans to bail out their banks...(a loan the Irish people did not want)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

This has nothing to do with the IMF or the economic woes Ireland faces. This bombing was probably a dissident action and has old political motives attached to it.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Dam it, that's not great news at all, I emigrated from there 20 years ago to escape the troubles. Terrorists will never put down there guns and bombs, its all they know how to do business.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I tend to disagree, I do believe this is motivated by the raping of the Irish people by the IMF. If your government promised over half of your taxes to paying back a loan, would you not be upset with your government?

The police would be an easy front line target for such actions. But I guess only the future will tell (or another article that clearly tells us the motivations of the attack)

But for now, my gut feeling is that this is aimed at the Irish government who sold their people to the IMF.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WideAwakeNow

I still live here. And the reason for this attack was ole Mr Stephen Nolan doing a show on Monday night on the Shankill Butchers on BBC 1.

Over the last week on Radio Ulster there was, how would you say... a heated debate about how they escaped justice. Not easy listening.

But to the OP. Nothing to do with bail outs. Just the Real IRA thinking they are men.

God I hate this place.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Xcellante because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Dont be so bloody stupid....the murder of a Northern Ireland police Officer has nothing at all to do with the economic woes of another country....these terrorists have been trying for a long time to murder a PSNI officer with an under car bomb...today they succeeded...hopefully these scumbags will be hunted down and imprisioned for life so that the people of Northern Ireland can live in peace

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

No, no, nope and no.

The Real IRA want to reignite the war so they can carry out their crimes of drug peddling, weapon smuggling... All in the name of money. Desperate times but for their own gain, no one elses.

I said it once and I'll say it again... I hate this country.

top topics

join