It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census worker won't take no for answer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I had one of these recently come in the post, it went straight in the bin where it belongs.

If they come round to harrass me, I will give them a piece of mind but no answers.

Stay out of my life big brother.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Your Census Data May be shared online as this woman's data was !

(Reuters) - Elsie Eiler is the most admired person in Monowi, Neb. She is also the smartest, wealthiest, best-looking and youngest. "And the oldest," she is quick to add. When you are the only resident of a community, every title fits. Eiler, 77, is the lone inhabitant of Monowi, a village in northeast Nebraska. That is unique, according to new 2010 U.S. Census data, which indicates Monowi to be the only incorporated town, village or city in the country with only one resident.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 2-4-2011 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2011 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

When I filled out the last census for they sent us i think last year I checked other and wrote in "American" for everyone in the household.

They ended up calling me about my answer to this very question and were trying to get me to answer as to what race I was.

I simply stated that I was an "American" and everyone born in this country is an "American" not "African-American", "Asian-American", etc... She kept pushing and pushing so I told her unless you are born in a different country then you are an "American" and I was not going to be supporting your actions with racially profiling people in the United States of America.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
UK Stupid! the form asks my name 3 times?
I filed in very little.
bet I get a letter soon.
did not give my phone number

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Childish as it sounds, last concensus I got, I pissed on it and sent it back. Yeah I was drunk at the time

Wonder if they will get the point though... Time will tell I guess.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I believe you're wrong, or at least I interpret it differently.

I was just merely pointing to the code/law that is used to justify the survey and how they could make a fine stick. It won't ever happen though and I believe no one has ever been fined for not filling it out.

As the OP article says:

They answered every question in the Census. The test on the American Community Survey is to what extent answers to those questions are needed for the stated purposes of the census. Questions like what time you leave for work that go beyond the stated purpose of the census, you don't have to answer IMO.

And my overall stance is that of yours. I refused to answer the guy when he showed up and wanted me to take over the previous owner's survey they started. Hence the reason I said it was a pervasion of privacy. The government has no need to know the times I leave for work. They already know how much I make, so I am unsure why they even ask that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join