It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louis Theroux: America’s Most Hated Family In Crisis!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just a heads up that this Sunday April 3 at 9.00-10.00pm on BBC TWO will be the new Louis Theroux documentary 'America’s Most Hated Family In Crisis'.

For those who don't know Louis actually stayed with the family of the Westboro Church and made what is probably his most renown documentary to date 'Americas most hated family'.
Well now he has returned.

Following up on his hugely popular and acclaimed 2007 documentary The Most Hated Family In America, Louis Theroux returns to Topeka, Kansas, for a second visit to the Westboro Baptist Church.
In America's Most Hated Family In Crisis, Louis is once again granted a behind-the-scenes look at America's most controversial Christian group as it gears up for what it sees as the final showdown with doomed America. Louis explores the church's strange new belief that Obama is The Beast spoken of in the Book Of Revelation, and their conviction that we are now in the run-up to the second coming of Christ.

But the church members have now seen his first documentary and, as a result, they revile Louis, who they see as one of the most evil men in all human history – alleging that he is on a par with Pontius Pilate for his supposed mockery of true Christianity.

Louis also tracks down two of the departed members – young women, both of whom he had interviewed in the first film when they were still inside the church. He probes the parents of the apostates, who have "cut off" their renegade daughters, and who now affect a strange and chilling indifference to the separation.

www.bbc.co.uk...

According to Louis this episode we will see Louis at his most heated following an particularly heavy exchange with the cult members.
Please if somebody can find on iplayer the interview he did on 'The One Show' a couple of nights back and upload the section where it has a preview of the episode that would be great. I would recommend you get applause for that.

In case anybody missed the first chapter of this story or you just want to refresh your memory before seeing the new episode here is the first part of 8 on youtube.

Hopefully a preview will show up soon if not the full episode will be available after it is aired.

edit on 30-3-2011 by pazcat because: noodles.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Actually I have found a link with two videos but I can't watch them.
Could a UK member copy and upload please?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't even know this was coming on. Really look forward to his shows and this one sounds like it could get very heated indeed .

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Same here, I saw him being interviewed the other night by chance and have been looking for a preview since.
Wouldn't of known otherwise.

It's quite out of character for him to lose his cool, that is part of why he is so good.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Is this the same bunch of nut jobs that Kieth Allen interviewed, the doc is on You Tube

www.youtube.com...

Its in 5 parts, but represents the industry of religion quite well I thought

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Brilliant! Louis is a bit of a legend.

It will be interesting to see if the older girls have changed their outlook at all. One of them was in University in the last doc, so hopefully she got the chance to experience a broader range of people!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Well two of the women have since left and apparantly some of their discussions with Louis helped them make the decision. As to the extent their views may of changed I guess it remains to be seen.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I hate that soldiers got killed in these fake wars for the rich, BUT, they should choose NOT to go fight, I did it, they can also...They can't lock everyone up. I only stayed in the brig for 97 days then I was discharged general under honorable.... There can be NO wars if No one will fight them....

Choose NOT to fight for these Warlords !!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I watched this documentary when it was out originally, Louie is absolutely brilliant.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

This is a new one where he goes back to visit them again.
In the preview clips he is compared to Pontius Pilate among other things.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here is the link to The One Show episode on iplayer with the Louis inteview.
Unfortunately it's only available for UK viewers, I can't even watch it.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There's the Law of Attraction at work, perfect demonstration.

These people say they hate virtually everything about the world, and the world seems to hate them back for every ounce they dish out themselves.

They'll get their End Times alright. And we will ALL celebrate then.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Gotta laugh, they say Louis Theroux is one of the most evil people in history,lol, I think he's one of the coolest guys ever, maybe things are starting to go down hill for these nutjobs, just for larks and fun heres them on the Jeremy Kyle show, quality viewing.www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Here is a recent interview where Louis discuss's the upcoming show, it hardly gives away much but still it's something. He also talks about Nick Clegg and what went on there in the past.
Apparantly he fell asleep during the interview, but I gather Daily Mail reporters get that quite often.

This time round, the Phelps family turned on him. They’d posted footage of him on the internet and had posters made up, telling the world just what they thought of him.
He can’t quite work out where being called ‘Pontius Pilate’ ranks in the scale of internationally recognised insults, but reckons it is quite high. ‘So I’m the man who killed Jesus now,’ he says, giving a low whistle. ‘That’s quite something.’

Interview

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Right after much messing about I have managed to get the two preview adverts.
So now everybody can view them.

Enjoy.

WARNING: May contain strong language.

edit on 31-3-2011 by pazcat because: spolling

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thanks for the previews

Singing along to Lady GaGa......oh the irony

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackDog

It is actually a parody they have done of Lady Gaga.
It is horrifyingly tragic.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

A guy who speaks the word yet he obviously has had his hair cut. Not to mention those clothes. Probably more than one kind of fabric in them. Sad really.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They teach us a wise lesson. They teach us not to be like them.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The first part is up for those who want to watch it.
Hopefully the guy uploads the rest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join