It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video proof! Compasses going crazy again! Check yours!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I've seen the many threads and posts on recent compass anamolies, but check this one out, this guy has it on video tape. You can really see the needle moving substantially, its not normal by any means. If you have a compass check it out and take a video of it if possible.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
My wife and I JUST finished watching that, as well.

I have my handy-dandy compass out and it's currently reading fine, though we were one of the folks that was seeing our compasses being off the other day.

Currently pointing true, but we've got all eyes open for any changes to it. Got a camera just in case, as well

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
whats in that book??

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

I really don't understand why everybody thinks this is strange. People keep acting like they've discovered something hidden when "compasses start to go crazy" was reported on in the MSM months ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zteam2012

Magnets.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What i find crazy is how we think that just because when we invented compasses the needle always pointed north, that it's *UNUSUAL AND *

It's interesting to note, but it's bothering me that this is just being named so many different things without evidence. I hope the mystery is solved soon because all i know is that some days the pole seems to be in Russia then it seems to be in a strip club with everyones compass pointed towards it...

Theres never anything not vauge with stuff that has to do with pole shifts ect.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

There's never been any mystery but why people think there's a mystery. Or possibly why it drives me so batty I keep popping into these threads only to see twenty or fifty more "omg is this really happening, we're really onto something" type posts afterwards.

Seriously, is it that hard to type "compasses change" into news.google before deciding we've all discovered some grand secret? Heck, here's a few links for you.

www.blueskyexecutiveaviation.co.uk...
www.winnipegfreepress.com...
www.earthweek.com...

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Magnetic north, the point at the top of the Earth that determines compass headings, is shifting its position about 60 kilometres a year. In geologic terms, it's racing from the Arctic Ocean near Canada toward Russia.

As a result, everyone who uses a compass even as a backup to modern GPS navigation systems, needs to be aware of the shift, make adjustments or obtain updated charts to ensure they get where they intend to go, authorities say. That includes pilots, boaters and even hikers.

I can understand if people have theories about some other cause, but it's extremely clear in many posts that a whole lot of people seem to think this was discovered on ATS and has to somehow be documented and proven.
edit on 30-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Wonderful information!
I'm trying to avoid google searching as often. I'd rather be into discussion instead of sitting back G-searching

Well guess its just a natural occurrence that pole shifts. I appreciate you taking the time to search that for me

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
My compass is acting normal. Its been sitting on my desk snce I read another thread a week or two ago. I havn't seen it move since I put it there.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Well heck, if you insist on going around being all nice and reasonable like that, you're quite welcome.
I should have left out the sarcasm and griping, but I'm afraid I was born this way...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

There's never been any mystery but why people think there's a mystery. Or possibly why it drives me so batty I keep popping into these threads only to see twenty or fifty more "omg is this really happening, we're really onto something" type posts afterwards.

Seriously, is it that hard to type "compasses change" into news.google before deciding we've all discovered some grand secret? Heck, here's a few links for you.

www.earthweek.com...

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Magnetic north, the point at the top of the Earth that determines compass headings, is shifting its position about 60 kilometres a year. In geologic terms, it's racing from the Arctic Ocean near Canada toward Russia.

As a result, everyone who uses a compass even as a backup to modern GPS navigation systems, needs to be aware of the shift, make adjustments or obtain updated charts to ensure they get where they intend to go, authorities say. That includes pilots, boaters and even hikers.

I can understand if people have theories about some other cause, but it's extremely clear in many posts that a whole lot of people seem to think this was discovered on ATS and has to somehow be documented and proven.

Whilst it is true the magnetic north is migrating it does not explain the movement seen on this video, the movement in magnetic north is gradual, as you can see on this video there are major fluctuation in the magnetic pull, magnetic north does not move 20 to 30 degrees as you watch..

Having said that, you cannot from this video rule out any external influence causing the needle shift, whether natural or artificial. Nor can we ascertain the quality of the compass. My feeling is something local is causing the swing, but if it is not he has a very strange magnetic field near by

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

www.earthweek.com...

The shifting magnetic north may not be a breaking news but it still is a news. Don't act like the magnetic north moving 60kms a year is normal. If that is normal, then the tropical countries might be experiencing winter by now after years of magnetic north moving at 60kms a year.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i know i was about to give up at around 4:59 sec into it until it zoomed in and then seen what they were recording and turned it off at 5:10sec when i realized what they were showing...anybogy else?? just curios...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer

Whilst it is true the magnetic north is migrating it does not explain the movement seen on this video, the movement in magnetic north is gradual, as you can see on this video there are major fluctuation in the magnetic pull, magnetic north does not move 20 to 30 degrees as you watch..

Having said that, you cannot from this video rule out any external influence causing the needle shift, whether natural or artificial. Nor can we ascertain the quality of the compass. My feeling is something local is causing the swing, but if it is not he has a very strange magnetic field near by

Metal, even in small amounts, can cause a compass needle to become erratic like that. Notice he has the compass set against the metal rings of the notebook. A very simple test here would be to ask him to film the compass swinging when resting in the middle of the wood table.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Sure, I agree it's news, and even mainstream science has a ton of questions about it. My only objection is that some people are clearly posting with the mistaken impression that they have to document or prove that it's happening, when nobody in the world doubts that it is. Please note I don't mean the OP in this thread, who correctly pointed out to me that the compass motion in this case is different.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

video removed
my compass was going crazy this morning. Last check it was normal.

EDIT: just checked compass again and it doesnt read true, north and south are flipped
edit on 30-3-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Where has the video gone?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Where has the video gone?

raiders might be making a new video.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
double post
edit on 30-3-2011 by zteam2012 because: double post

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
here is some info on why compasses may give false readings.

Note:

The horizontal and vertical components of the earth's magnetic field vary considerably at different locations on the Earth....

Because of the variations of the earth's magnetic field, a compass needle that "balances" perfectly in North America will drag or stick in South America.

compass needles

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join