It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Michelle Obama trying to get kids to grow vegetables.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My kid was watching disney channel and kids are searching for old pots and pans to grow veggies. Sure I encourage it but why is the presidents wife. I dont buy that healthy eating crap. Especially when they are using pots and pans to grow them in the commercial. Saying all you need is dirt sunlight and pots something to grow them in sounds like a survival tactic to me. Is it because monsanto is contaminating all the seeds or is because the price of vegetables is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
She likes vegetables.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Maybe she's trying to help kids not only eat better, but find something else to do other than playing video games. Kind of a win/win scenario according to Stephen Covey.

I don't think there's a conspiracy hidden in the carrot patch, just trying to give kids a healthy alternative to cheese puffs.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

Because it's a good skill to have, and it has the potential to help out families who can't afford all the veggies they need. It uses the unused in a productive way.

this one's really very simple. I'm all for excessive paranoia and reading too deeply into things -- I've got a BA in English lit, after all -- but this is just a bit too much.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by teotwawki77
My kid was watching disney channel and kids are searching for old pots and pans to grow veggies. Sure I encourage it but why is the presidents wife. I dont buy that healthy eating crap. Especially when they are using pots and pans to grow them in the commercial. Saying all you need is dirt sunlight and pots something to grow them in sounds like a survival tactic to me. Is it because monsanto is contaminating all the seeds or is because the price of vegetables is ridiculous.

Its part of the governments evil plot to infuse essential vitamin and nutrients into us. They turning us into carrot eating zombies so we have no choice but to conform to there every command

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I think it's both because yesterday i bought a carrot for 6 dollars... I still have no clue why i got it...But maybe all of us are going to need to grow our own food to survive. Maybe even turn into...cannibals

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
probably because its a good / educational activity as well as it promotes healthy eating and knowing where your food comes from. Considering the obesity rate in the country i think it's more likely that than some conspiracy

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

ONE carrot??!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yea it is a little over the top but these are survival skills and the timing of it with food prices and a seemingly endless loom of armageddon and war its more than just a skill its survival. I find it odd her being the one to do it im all for it but they should be working on fixing the problem not teaching kids to grow vegetables. But if the Obamas were out to get us why would the bother with the fat kids well see.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

No doubt it was a requirement of Monsanto's campaign contributions.

The first lady is always on about stuff their husbands ruin (education, health, etc)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xShadow13

I think it's both because yesterday i bought a carrot for 6 dollars... I still have no clue why i got it...But maybe all of us are going to need to grow our own food to survive. Maybe even turn into...cannibals

I hope that carrot weighed a few pounds, they're not even that expensive at whole foods. $6 for a carrot? Yikes!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

WOAH 6 dollars for one carrot?! Was it a super carrot? Did you buy it at some kind of crazy "natural" store in, uh, California has the highest cost of living, right? Did you buy it from a crazy hobo who insisted it was worth 6 dollars?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I personally have a huge garden and chickens because im not paying that much for food and I make my kids participate do you think they like vegetables hell no. I do it out of necessity people do not see how bad things really are I dont trust her telling anything or her lying husband. Ill tell you this its cheaper to buy a 100 cans of ravioli and the kids will live forever. Not to mention one tomatoe plant is $3.33 at wal mart scam.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

That is a fantastic idea. Teaches kids about botony, creates a positive outlet for their energy, demonstrates the value of hard work and at the end of the process you wind up with healthy food to eat.

The only problem is that the kids will get arrested should they attempt to either give some of their vegetables away or, god forbid, attempt to sell them should they not have the appropriate permits.

Hey, maybe that is the end game. Get a few million kids to start these gardens, produce a ton of vegetables and then send the local law over to hit them with fines for not having the proper permits. Use that dough to fund another useless program that the American people overwhelmingly oppose.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day - teach a man to fish...

You get the point.

Why is this an issue that the First Lady is encouraging self-sufficiency and useful skills to kids in a fun and hands-on kind of age-appropriate project? God forbid, our children learn how to grow a few vegetables from her.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

100 cans of ravioli and the kids will live forever? That is some freakin' robust ravioli, my man!

And I liked carrots when I was a little kid. Because of Bugs Bunny, but I genuinely liked them. Then I stopped for some reason. It makes me sad. Kids do sometimes like veggies.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
They are doing it in nearly every school in the UK

Its for the children to better understand the process & to eat healthy

Even TV programes on weekly live river cottage & jamie oliver are telling the adults to do the same its about pulling away from all these unhealthy processed food & junk foods that are on our shelf in super markets,

Oh and just maybe the fact Michelle Obama is doing it is because people may listen to her instead of the average joe, its a good thing don't worry nobodys going to die

edit on 29-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by teotwawki77
My kid was watching disney channel and kids are searching for old pots and pans to grow veggies. Sure I encourage it but why is the presidents wife. I dont buy that healthy eating crap.

How dare she undermine your authority as a parent by using her exalted position as first lady to coerce your kids into eating healthy and spending time outside!

What a dirty trick, slipping such an evil and sinister message into what was supposed to be a harmless session of mind control programming while eating Happy Meals!

We need to get her out of office immediately, before our whole damn country is healthy!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wait...don't you need a license to have a vegetable garden in some US states? Better not let your kids break the law...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join