It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI asks public for help breaking encrypted notes tied to 1999 murder

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
im agreeing with mikeboss this is 100% a diary/events list of what has happened to this guy. hes admitting the doctors name, that he has an overdose or reaction to mass amount of medication given to him, a location, buildings and the FBI has given a ending place all within a 1 mile radius. dont forget that this is a written language that he's constructed by himself.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dontconfuseme

Yup.
I am thinking same thing.There most be reason why FBI still trying to solve this

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
What if the killer just simply wrote down randomness and there isn't a code to decipher?

That's exactly what my first thought was.

There probably is no code to crack and the killer was just f 'ing with the cops.
edit on 30-3-2011 by jnyblujns because: spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I noticed this as well. My eyes see else everywhere as well, maybe he has mixed up all the letters.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by e1mar

According to Google:

MIMH staff and interests:

Susan Depue
(Assessment, Bullying, Computer applications, Dissemination, Evaluation, Evidence-based practices, Grant writing, Mental health, Neuropsychology, Prevention, Qualitative research, Research methods, Social networking, Statistics, Substance abuse, Youth)

Heidi Depue is now in Oregon it says:

Aug 21, 2010 ... Please don't hesitate to send an email to Heidi Depue. ... Trauma and PTSD; Mental Health: Elderly Persons Disorders; Personality Disorders ...

PTSD... very interesting and Susan's Research methods are also intriguing things on her list.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I could'nt try breaking encrypted notes even if my life depends on it but looking more closely at the letters my bet is the notes were written by a European (Germanian origins although not necessarily German) with english as a 2nd language.

If the FBI had any suspects of European origin.....they should go back over their notes and re-interview them
edit on 30-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
looks to me like each letter is a word,
he just wrote the letter that the word began with,
only reason I say that is, is because back in the day when I worked with the mentally ill, I had 2 guys that did this just randomly, they didnt even know eachother.
sbtaihtsat!

sbtaihtsat!

Sorry, but that's all I have to say about that!

Like this?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Maybe THIS page will help...?

Letter Frequency charts for Engligh and non english languages also sorted by subject matter,

www.letterfrequency.org...

since some of you think it may be non english translation .

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RADHESYAM

It's english alright but I picked up on some symbols within the letters and how some of those letters were written

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by e1mar

Yup. I am thinking same thing.There most be reason why FBI still trying to solve this

Maybe disclosure? There is little if any randomness to these notes it's all just rehashed resonance.
Reminds me of someone encrypting blank space with a very crude cipher.

Either that or they hope to get responses to white noise.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is relevent or if its been posted already. If it has, sorry.
Anyway I did a google search with 71NCBE as ncbe appears a few times in one of the notes. It came up with this pdf.

PDF

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

yahoo news!!!

many of the people seem to assume that the notes were written by the killer – they were not. The notes were written by the VICTIM, Ricky McCormick. His family confirmed that McCormick has been writing notes similar to these since he was a young man, but none of them knows what the notes mean or how to decipher them. McCormick, btw, had a modest education (never finished high school), had no background in mathematics or logic, and as far as I know, wasn’t intellectually gifted. The code is most likely something very personal. The FBI is hoping that deciphering the notes gives them an idea of McCormick’s whereabouts and activities during the days immediately prior to his death. I found these details at the FBI website and thought they might be useful to those of you who are trying to decipher the notes.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
I feel maybe its not English to decipher,try Spanish maybe?
Rantings of a madman?

I thought the same thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
looks to me like each letter is a word,
he just wrote the letter that the word began with,
only reason I say that is, is because back in the day when I worked with the mentally ill, I had 2 guys that did this just randomly, they didnt even know eachother.
sbtaihtsat!

exactly what I was thinking, even has "d's" meaning he used the word and had proper grammar, something even this website lacks most days

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I saw this news item yesterday.

I will say this, the "text" messes with my eyes. Its like there are words there but you have to have a special filter to see them or like there is a conversation at the very edge of your hearing, you know people are speaking but you don't know what they are saying.

It looks like it is written with purpose but that doesn't mean its not just a lot of mumbo jumbo.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
99.84.5 2uneplse

2uneplse=lunar eclipse

klse- (else)

NCBE is "north could be east" Not sure looking at it again tonight.

MKSEN "makes sense"

36mlse 36 miles south-east

At work so i can't look at it now. might be totaly wrong but hey this is fun
edit on 30-3-2011 by mrmmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

edit on 30-3-2011 by something wicked because: point of post removed as I've just looked on the FBI site

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, it could be gobbeldy gook, or it really could have a meaning. So far I can see what may be ''first person'' and ''second person'' on the second sheet on the short sentences between brackets, though there would still be another word missing there and the question as to what 71, 74 and 75 and also CBE at the end of each one is lingering in my mind...you can really feel your brain making a loud rusty sound as it breaks into second gear here

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Dont do it!
you will end up in a padded room doing
work for them for the rest of your life.
what do you think happens to hackers when they get them!
they have the best computers?
and they ask the public?
I get a bad feeling about this.
are they trying to make us feel safe with codes like this?

it probley says you now have a job with the FBI.
on $200,000 a year.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Interesting how 'NCBE' appears in so many sentences (if that is what they are)... More commonly at the end, but it does appear in the middle of the sentence also...

NCBE'ing ... ???'s NCBE

Also, 71, 74, 75

Also a lot of EON 's..

Second page has lots of SE endings....

Oh well, probably not very helpful, but seems to indicate a pattern for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join