It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing Bigfoot was a Life Changing Experience

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ok so we know pretty much zero about these "animals". So lets go out and shoot one for @#@# & giggles. That makes no sense. Suppose this thing has an inteligence that is on par with our own? It would almost have too, to be able to escape absolute detection for decades. What good is this going to do? Sure you have the carcus of one, but you have just severely retarded any relationship you hope to have with these creatures.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
A body is the only way you are ever going to prove they exist. No other evidence will do. I could hang out with a Bigfoot for a week with a video camera and people would still not believe in them.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
to anyone who says shoot them. you need to be shot and are unitelligent

Oh I guess I may be unintelligent...but lets talk about you...your the most intelligent of all(aplause). You want to protect something thats not even discovered and has been criticized of its existence. Your real smart.

Ok lets cut the sarcasm. So you dont want it shot, well then do you want it listed as a endangered species? That would be real dumb, considereing that it hasnt been scientifically proven yet. And as for shooting me, go ahead and shoot me. Lets see how far you'll get. If your lucky, you can get away with it, but I'm sure the cops will storm your house sooner or later.

Its like ShadowXIX said, we need to discover what this creature is then put it on the endangered list. You have to prove its existence to the scientific community. To protect something that doesnt technically exist is illogical. So until it can be proved to exist, and shown that it's numbers are low and endangered, then it can be on the endangered list. Until that point arrives, shooting one or capturing one wont hurt the world, becuase it will prove its existence. And it will be put on the endangered list where it rightfully belongs.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILLCREEK
Ok so we know pretty much zero about these "animals". So lets go out and shoot one for @#@# & giggles. That makes no sense. Suppose this thing has an inteligence that is on par with our own? It would almost have too, to be able to escape absolute detection for decades. What good is this going to do? Sure you have the carcus of one, but you have just severely retarded any relationship you hope to have with these creatures.

It would prove the missing link. People could put it in a zoo, observe it and may be get to pet it lol. In terms of high ranking officials of zoo's, they would say, "Think of all the profit it could bring."

No but seriously, you could shoot it, if thats the only way to analyze it. Unfortunately, we have not been able to capture it so we may just have to shoot it. But you definitely need a body otherwise people will consider you nuts for making claims of "I saw bigfoot."

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I agree.... shoot a couple and let's find out.
Let's find out if they really exist.
Let's find out what they really are.
Let's find out if they taste like chicken.
Let's find out if they are really working for al Qaeda.

Amazing in this day and age, with all the cameras (even my camera has a built-in camera
) that we don't have pictures and proof. Prolly cause they don't exist anymore than aliens or the tooth fairy.

Now if only i could get proof of Santa.......

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I agreee....Maybe they taste better then chicken. Even if they are endangered were doing them a favor...You see when we shoot one, we soon realize, "this is an endangered species oh my god." Bigfoot gets placed on the endangered list.

This means that we capture 30 bigfoots, artificially extract sperm and breed them, thus increasing their population. This also means more money for the zoo, becuase theres more bigfoots. This means more bigfoots for us to pet. And everyone benefits for the sacrifice of only one.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Glad to see that your able to formulate a thought. To bad the only thing it comes out as is "hey cool dude, lets shoot one. Then we can capture all dem der bigfeets and we can breed with them and make super tall hairy people."
Do you think the only reason we are here on this planet is to make every other creatures life a living hell because we don't understand them and apparently don't have the inteligence to discover anything about these creatures besides how many bullets it takes to kill one? Maybe just maybe if we had the foresight when dealing with other creatures to go about it in a non malevolent way over half the worlds creatures would not be looking at extinction.

But, no your only action is to go shoot one because we can.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by KILLCREEK]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Glad to see that your able to formulate a thought. To bad the only thing it comes out as is "hey cool dude, lets shoot one. Then we can capture all dem der bigfeets and we can breed with them and make super tall hairy people."
Do you think the only reason we are here on this planet is to make every other creatures life a living hell because we don't understand them and apparently don't have the inteligence to discover anything about these creatures besides how many bullets it takes to kill one? Maybe just maybe if we had the foresight when dealing with other creatures to go about it in a non malevolent way over half the worlds creatures would not be looking at extinction.

Well one way or the other, all those forests are coming down for the sake of paper production. It wont matter to us becuase we get a large portion of our oxygen supply from Algae, so when all those forests come down wheres bigfoot going to live? It has big brother(us) of coarse. We can take care of it and put it on our zoos and like I've said before breed the hell out of it to save its kind. Maybe we can teach it to speak english lol or if not that then make it rollover.

Although we havent understood animals yet, there is one main reason why. There is a communication barrier seeing as how were a different species. But we have done quite a lot to reform these problems and have learned alot by studying their behavioral patterns. Just read a chapter on animal behavior in bio and see what we've contributed. I was suprised at some of the achievments we made and what we knew. But unfortunately there will always be a barrier to communication becuase were a different species.

But if we do have to kill just one (maybe 2 or 3) bigfoot, for the sake of saving the rest, then why not. More specifically, in order for us to do anything with bigfoot in terms of helping it out, we need to prove its existence.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca

Well one way or the other, all those forests are coming down for the sake of paper production. It wont matter to us becuase we get a large portion of our oxygen supply from Algae, so when all those forests come down wheres bigfoot going to live? It has big brother(us) of coarse. We can take care of it and put it on our zoos and like I've said before breed the hell out of it to save its kind. Maybe we can teach it to speak english lol or if not that then make it rollover.

Although we havent understood animals yet, there is one main reason why. There is a communication barrier seeing as how were a different species. But we have done quite a lot to reform these problems and have learned alot by studying their behavioral patterns. Just read a chapter on animal behavior in bio and see what we've contributed. I was suprised at some of the achievments we made and what we knew. But unfortunately there will always be a barrier to communication becuase were a different species.

But if we do have to kill just one (maybe 2 or 3) bigfoot, for the sake of saving the rest, then why not. More specifically, in order for us to do anything with bigfoot in terms of helping it out, we need to prove its existence.

Don't you think it's somewhat arrogant to assume that it needs "A big brother to take care of it"? It seems its done just fine on its own thus far. And why do you automatically assume that its inteligence is any less then our own? Why is that? I am cursiouse as to your thoughts on that. Go look at aborigines are they any less inteligent then you or I? No I would'nt say they are. They have survived for centurys on their own with no help from their "big brother". The answer is not killing them or rounding them up and putting them in a zoo to quote "breed the hell out of them" in an effort to save them. It would seem by all accounts that they want nothing to do with us

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm sure you'll have no problem getting the cops
to come along with a tranquilizer gun to shoot
it.

They want bears out of the way of people and
do it all the time. If the bear turns out to be
bigfoot ... you'll be rich and famous for being
the one to finally bring it to the light.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Heres a site that specialize in affordable next generation infra-red cameras

sierra pacific

Most of these products protected by United States Federal Regulations & are NOT available for exportation!. You know there good if they say that

I would suggest a model that produces a image like that the military uses these types seem to be great for picking out shapes. But these things are indeed expensive If you could get funding I think that this would be a good us of money. I hope you get funded and good luck hunting

can u buy some of the products on that page? i didnt see any prices or do they make u call for a price quote?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Good news guys... we got this awesome night vision camera that hooks up to any deck... $17 grand and its on loan for a few weeks........................

Cant wait to see it in action

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by enrage

can u buy some of the products on that page? i didnt see any prices or do they make u call for a price quote?

They only have prices for some of them like Thermasnap $8660. But most say to call for price or E-mail for more information. Most likely because they are going to cost some huge amount of money and they dont want to scare you off with the price.

porschedrifter glad to hear about the NV from the price it sounds like top of the line stuff Good luck get some good shots and post them.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
What would happen as well if an Arangatang and a bear co existed and mated hmmmm

Whoah. Considering the rest of your post seemed well-informed and intelligent, I'm a bit confused as it seems like you're implying that a Bear and Orangutan could produce a bear-ape hybrid?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Zedd-

You ran across the Sasquatch 22 years ago in Manning Park?

I lived in Princeton B.C. for 15 years. Ran into the creature while
jogging...1974. Seen the damn thing again while driving...1985.
Those sightings are on the BFRO as well. (Associated anyway.)
Interesting.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey I just moved out to B.C and have be nhere for a few months. Went to Manning park and didn't see anything but my curiosity is definitely peaked and you have my attention.

DOes anyone know some hotspots around here?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Jiffy...

The two sightings I had as mentioned, was north Princeton. Sasquatch
activity also near Merritt B.C. this year. North and east of Hope, including
Sunshine Valley...I think it's called. And east Harrison Lake I think has
seen activity within the last year. You could try Coalmont and the
Tulameen area as well, our oldest boy was in the region gold-panning,
but didn't see or hear anything unusual.

Same old game...trying to cross a path of a wandering Sasquatch...take
your pick! Good luck. We're going out next year for an Expedition.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by plainandsimple
Zedd-

You ran across the Sasquatch 22 years ago in Manning Park?

Yes, about that time. I did some research because it was a school trip and I never went back to the location. I wasn't even sure where it was .

I did remember a fire station lookout though, and that allowed me to find the place again.

Shorter trails in the park include one to the top of Windy Joe Mountain (moderate to difficult; 9.3 miles/15 km return), where an old fire lookout with interpretive panels identifies the surrounding mountains.

www.britishcolumbia.com...

It was fairly close to this location. Maybe a half-hour to and hour hike from the lookout.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've got room on my site, porscheguy--abidemiracles.com

I'll host all the photos you wanna put up. They'd fit right in to my archive of oddities anyway.

Let's have at it. : ) Em

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the info...Zedd. There's been a number of sightings
around Manning this year.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join