It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The illusion of revolution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Here on ATS I often see posts with a lot of
,and
, and that we should overthrow our government. Okay Wow. This concept that citizens can stockpile guns and revolt against the government is just ridiculous. There are so many armchair warriors on this website

The U.S. has over 5 thousand tanks, thousands of war planes, highly trained ground troops with automatic weapons grenades etc. and atomic weapons.

...................................................................................................................................................... ............

But heres Gus with his squirrel gun!

your thoughts?
edit on 26-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
How do I get the picture to come directly up on the thread instead of a link to picture pic.?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

So? If you're to scared to stand up for freedom you don't deserve freedom..There are more the 300,000,000 people in America and most own a gun or guns.So sorry either you have no idea how to add or you are just a little wuss to scared to do anything..and nothing has even started yet..lol..go hide boy..not everyone is an armchair warrior, that's a term used by trolls and to be honest doesn't mean a thing..you just think that because you're projecting your fear..which is much worse then any arm chair warrior, you're a under the bed hider.wuss

edit on 27-3-2011 by Nebulous1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

wow...........

dont suger coat it............tell us how you really feel..........lol

You forgot to add that if it came down to a revolt.......half or more of the army would be on our side

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973

So? If you're to scared to stand up for freedom you don't deserve freedom..There are more the 300,000,000 people in America and most own a gun or guns.So sorry either you have no idea how to add or you are just a little wuss to scared to do anything..and nothing has even started yet..lol..go hide boy..not everyone is an armchair warrior, that's a term used by trolls and to be honest doesn't mean a thing..you just think that because you're projecting your fear..which is much worse then any arm chair warrior, you're a under the bed hider.wuss

edit on 27-3-2011 by Nebulous1973 because: (no reason given)

First of all their are other ways to revolt than than violent, there is such a thing called peaceful revolution like Gandhi promoted. Second, although there are more than 300,000,000 this includes EVERYONE, like babies little kids teenagers, the elderly... etc. Third nothing will start and your not gonna do anything because no one else will. Fourth.What fear am I projecting? Fear from what? Last but not least, if you think that anyone is gonna rally even 1 million people to fight for their way of life that hasn't even been affected your crazy.
edit on 27-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

This 300 million also includes soldiers in the military which would be fighting against you.
edit on 27-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

That is only speculation, and the fact that the person above think that civilians with no training and handguns could overwhelm the most powerful army in the world is funny.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

That is only speculation, and the fact that the person above think that civilians with no training and handguns could overwhelm the most powerful army in the world is funny.

And its only speculation that they would all be against us.

The ONLY way I could see an armed revolt is if TPTB fired on peaceful protesters...then all bets are off.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Armed revolt is an illusion, not because it is impossible or because citizens would be overpowered but because that's not how it will happen.

TPTB know that the best revolution is silent and non-violent so by riling people up and making them believe that they "stand for freedom", just because they stand amongst gunowners, they keep us in a fog. At this point, those people will not stand for freedom in the most logical way, but in the manipulated and most predictably ignorant way.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
To embed pics on ATS u haz to upload it to yer profile then use the "embed on ATS" link.

Anyways to yer topic I can say that most of ATS folks are living HERE literally,
they are armchair warriors who criticizes every attempt of *real* ppl in the real
world to do something...
how sad

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I am also harmless and do not care what happens to our country, doesn't matter. What happens will.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

When this country finally sees a revolution like that which is occurring more frequently across the globe, it will likely result from economic collapse. When the dollar no longer has any value, what will motivate our soldiers to fight? Every person I have asked why they joined the military has given me the same answer; either college scholarships or the sign-on bonus. Most of them (that have any brain whatsoever) agree that the wars they are fighting in are pointless. Essentially, this means that they are hardly more than mercenaries. Mercenaries don't fight when you don't pay them. That is unless they are pissed enough at you for no longer paying them.
Personally, I don't think that there will be much fighting necessary to defeat the factions that have hijacked our governments. The system that they have engineered is doomed to fail. When they lose their main methods of controlling us, e.g. the monetary system, we will be able to rebuild a more sustainable society from the ashes.
Wishing you all the best in the rough times to come,
Q&A

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

well this is off the top of my head by i imagine that the pilots of those big-ass-mutha soviet combat choppers in
Afghanistan were thinking the same thing till a afghan on a horse with a length of chain broke off their props.

as for peaceful like Gandhi that went out with the counter-revolution back in the 1960's when a dumb cop on a horse decided to back up his horse on a sit-in and had it dump on the protestors.

even disciplined protestors can't stop agent provocateurs from infiltrating their orgs and and giving TCOTBIP the excuse they need to sic their "dogs" on them.

remember that group of little kids that tied themselves to trees, to keep them from being cut down,
so sure of themselves were the cops that they just went up to them held the kid's eyes open and sprayed pepper spray right in their eyes!

to children!!!

[ if i had kids, and the cops had done something like that i would have not have gotten mad, but even, i'm sure some cop going missing and not found for three months only to suddenly be found in the ventilation shafts of police HQ with about 100 of those pepper-spray cans [used] pushed up his intestinal track and the pepper spray filling it's lungs. would make the stupidest of TCOTBIP lackeys THINK.]

head on attacks are stupid we are in agreement there.

you can't fight the GOV that's where you are wrong.

the truth is TCOTBIP are terrified that people will realize that the System needs them more than the people need the system.

when one removes all support and ones sanction [i.e. taxes, providing info, cooperation, respect],

that is not peaceful it's just another way to fight.

Starve the beast and bleed it till it's weak
edit on 27-3-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: again, spellcheck

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Civilians with minimal weapons and almost no training have been effectively holding down, and killing, the most advanced army in the world for 10 years now.

The majority of US tanks, are not on US soil. The majority of US warplanes are not flying over US soil. The majority of US troops that are not currently deployed over seas, are in training, reservists, or ready reserve and national guard, and would be hard pressed to open fire on US civilians even if ordered to.

The majority of Americans who own guns, own guns that have matched firepower to standard infantry, and there are many people who are "better" armed than a US infantryman. Most infantry do not spray bullets back and forth like in movies, Automatic weapons fire has been proven to be less accurate and less reliable than semi automatic, and burst fire. Few of the soldiers I know rely on automatic fire mode.

So when you get down to it, you have two guys with similar gear, shooting at each other over mostly familiar terrain. The key factor in that situation is motivation. One of them is trying to kill an American because he was ordered to, the other is trying to kill an American who was ordered to kill him and possibly his family.

I'd take odds on the guy defending his home and family any day, and I'd take odds that a US soldier would deny the orders that demanded he fire on civilians who were not engaged in criminal activity like looting, or lynching, or some equivalent of that.

That's just my opinion.

top topics

join