It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are any foods/drinks safe anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I ask this because i really dont know what is safe anymore.

People are all lazy, obsese and dying of diseases because of the unhealthy things they stick in the foods,
almost everything now seems to have asparteme, and other extremely harmful things, even light mineral water drinks can have them in..
i know for a fact chemtrails exist (seen them all too often), and im pretty sure they drop them down into the crops and atmosphere, so wouldnt that make the water and crops unsafe?

bottom line is,
theres chemtrails plugging up the atmosphere
theres more and more unhealthy poisonous additions being shoved into pre packaged food and things people dont think twice about consuming.. so what do we eat, or drink to make sure we dont become sluggish, dumbed down!

Id love to hear your suggestions
edit on 26-3-2011 by littlezeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by littlezeta

I know what you mean, it's tuff. I have been shopping at whole foods for a while now in a attempt to stay as healthy as possible but even they are switching to GMO Foods. nothing is sacred. Time to learn how to grow my own food.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Alcohol kills the germs but I think I wont be drinking Sake or Sapporo for awhile.
It might glow in the dark, too!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yes of course there is "safe food"

I changed my eating habits:
I feel much better, have more energy, lost weight and lowered my blood pressure from 170/140 to 117/76 (last check)

Believe it or not I did this by getting off all the carbs, Sugar, breads, pastas, potatoes, rice root and other starchy veggies and fruit.

I eat green and other low carb veggies very little fruit and grass fed beef, goat and lamb.

I raise my own goat and lamb and buy the beef from a local farmer. I also buy most of my veggies from a local organic farmer too.

I drink well water and various teas. Hope that helps.

I am sixty BTW and have no difficulty lifting over 50lbs. Hubby (68) just ran down a counterfeiter who was in his twenties last weekend. The guy thought an old geezer couldn't move fast SURPRISE

REFERENCES:

Physiologic Effects of Insulin www.vivo.colostate.edu...

High fructose processed foods linked to obesity, gout, hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol and fatty liver www.healthyeatingclub.org...

Effects of stevia, aspartame, and sucrose on food intake, satiety, and postprandial glucose and insulin levels. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Carb Counter www.atkins.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Drink water that went through reverse osmosis filtration or anything with 0.0 fluoride. Switch to a non-fluoride toothpaste. Try to eat food that's genuine organic. Stay away from artificial sweeteners, high-fructose corn syrup, or any other processed sugar.

I've personally done all of the above and I feel better because of it, but there is much, much, more that can be done. It's tough, especially if you don't grow your own food or raise your own livestock, but every little bit helps.

Cheers.
edit on 26/3/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think there are two problems here. Firstly, you are right when you point out that too many people these days are just too lazy. When you look at the ingredients label on a lot of things you think "Am I eating food, or just downing a chemistry set?" And when I observe some of my slightly younger relations I can't help wondering if anyone is actually taught to cook anymore.

Another problem is that just about every other day now we seem to have some government doctor, or some other boffin on the news telling us that yet another type of food is potentially gonna kill us, so that in the end people get so fed up of hearing it that they don't bother to take any notice, even if it's something that IS bad for them.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
GMO's ARE the main part of the depopulation plan. Two or three generations from now, the children of those consuming mostly GMO foods will likely be infertile. It has been shown in lab animals. If you eat ANYTHING except home grown foods or specifically non-GMO organic foods, you are probably eating a GMO.
edit on 27-3-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by superwurzel666

Another problem is that just about every other day now we seem to have some government doctor, or some other boffin on the news telling us that yet another type of food is potentially gonna kill us

I JUST ran across this interesting tidbit:

Rockefeller Foundation....

History of pharmaceutical interests

...The Rockefeller family sponsored research and donated sums to universities and medical schools which had drug based research. They further extended this policy to foreign universities and medical schools where research was drug based through their "International Education Board". Establishments and research which were were not drug based were refused funding and soon dissolved in favor of the lucrative pharmaceutical industry.

In 1939 a "Drug Trust" alliance was formed by the Rockefeller empire and the German chemical company IG Farben (Bayer). [Can you say HITLER???] After World War Two, IG Farben was dismantled but later emerged as separate corporations within the alliance. Well known companies included General Mills, Kellogg, Nestle, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Procter and Gamble, Roche and Hoechst (Sanofi-Aventis).

The Rockefeller empire, in tandem with Chase Manhattan Bank (now JP Morgan Chase), owns over half of the pharmaceutical interests in the United States. It is the largest drug manufacturing combine in the world. Since WWII, the pharmaceutical industry has steadily netted increasing profits to become the world's second largest manufacturing industry; [3], [4] after the arms industry....

History of agribusiness interests

American Farm Bureau

The myth that American Farm Bureau (AFBF) represents the interests of farmers is longstanding, though long debunked. In his 1971 book, Dollar Harvest: The Story of the Farm Bureau, Samuel Berger argued that the AFBF was:

"quietly and systematically amassing one of the largest business networks in America, while turning its back on the deepening crisis of the farmers whom it supposedly represents."

...It was founded in the early 1900s by the New York Chamber of Commerce and funded by the Rockefellers and the Vanderbilts via the Chicago Board of Trade. [7], The Farm Bureau was designed to counter the nonpartisan, populist farm movement that was emerging at the time.

The "Green Revolution"

..... in 1958, when India experienced a foreign exchange crisis. The World Bank intervened with the “Aid India Club” and one billion dollars a year in aid.

International investors like RF and the Ford Foundation, immediately seized the opportunity. The Ford Foundation stepped in with a “food crisis” team, pushing agricultural spending at the expense of housing and social services.

Undersecretary of Commerce Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Jr., led a delegation of executives to New Delhi for the purpose of "persuading the government to adopt policies more attractive to potential investors". Rockefeller’s Jersey Standard wanted price and distribution restrictions lifted on their Bombay fertilizer plant. Petroleum producers lobbied to set up fertilizer plants to utilize naphtha, an otherwise useless petroleum by-product.

The Ford and Rockefeller foundations also wanted to expand the use of their new high yield seeds, deliberately bred for large fertilizer and pesticide inputs....
www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There's a substance called Acrylamide that is a suspected carcinogen that was discovered in 2002. It appears in Food that has been cooked,unless it was boiled as the cooking method. Seems like a raw whole foods diet would be good for you.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thank you. That's a very interesting find and I'm definitely going to look into that one in a bit more depth. It would be rather hard to believe that the same thing isn't going on over here. In fact, a lot of farming in Britain is now under the jurisdiction of the EU authorities, which are even less accountable than local government.

The thread title also mentions drinks, well the other day I was (perhaps naively) amazed to see a bottle of orange squash whose ingredients seemed to contain just about everything on the periodic table, but no orange!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ramuh

Until next week when some government body will declare that that might kill you as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Have not been safe for a awhile now. Whatever you smoke has been sprayed. Ever noticed the warning on the label of your toothpaste? Flouride=poison. Aspartame is really good for us. I got into into an argument with a woman who worked at Kroger as to why some apples were labeled 'organic', and others weren't. When I brought up genetically modified food I was asked to leave by a manager. Then there's MSG, steroids, antibiotics, preservatives. Basically the average person has no idea what they are eating. Watch the show Super Size Me, all you fast food lovers. Who really needs a 44 ounce drink from Sonic? TPTB want us sickly, and the sooner we die the better. The medical industry is one big racket, if you have ever worked in it you know it is true. Why provide a cure, when you can just go on treating symptoms?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by trundler
Have not been safe for a awhile now. Whatever you smoke has been sprayed. Ever noticed the warning on the label of your toothpaste? Flouride=poison. Aspartame is really good for us. I got into into an argument with a woman who worked at Kroger as to why some apples were labeled 'organic', and others weren't. When I brought up genetically modified food I was asked to leave by a manager. Then there's MSG, steroids, antibiotics, preservatives. Basically the average person has no idea what they are eating. Watch the show Super Size Me, all you fast food lovers. Who really needs a 44 ounce drink from Sonic? TPTB want us sickly, and the sooner we die the better. The medical industry is one big racket, if you have ever worked in it you know it is true. Why provide a cure, when you can just go on treating symptoms?

lol at blaming unhealthy fastfood on some mysterious PTB.

They add products that sell. If they didn't sell they wouldn't have those products for sale. No one seems to take responsibility for their consumption habits.

new topics

top topics

join