It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard to get a clear picture of a ufo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Im not a skeptic im a believer, but why in this day and age are we seeing clearer quality ufo pictures from 50 years ago, than we see today with everyone, most people having hd cameras.

The excuse `it was too quick` just doesnt work anymore, especially with many reports of these things hovering over airports/nuclear facilities for a long time, theres just no excuse anymore.

I mean you see clear pictures of everything, from somebody clay pigeon shooting to jumping in a pond, to scoring a good goal, i mean practically anything you think of, even if its a fast moving action, itll be there on youtube in pretty good quality, usually non shaky or blurry

but when it comes to ufos they are always blurry no matter what!

it really gets my grogger up that with everyone having cameras, that the la crem de la creme is just dots of lights in a night sky or a blurry pyramid box over russia!

gah! this isnt a `wheres the evidence` thread..
its a why is it proving so difficult to obtain the pictures
are these ufos using some kind of a cloaking technology that blurs the craft out partialy or entirely from pictures?
or are they time travelers who come back in time and erase it before its too late

your thoughts
edit on 25-3-2011 by littlezeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Because when people use good cameras it turns out it's a bird, or in my case when I went to canada with a professional camera, a weather phenomenon.

Got good pictures of it though.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by littlezeta

Unidentified flying object. They're not identified, i think people never have a camera pointed at the sky waiting for one to zip by. When they do it's a cell phone camera. Plus they are very far away.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If it's clear, it's not unidentified.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

My guess is for most of these videos its an intentional feature. Its much easier to input an image of a UFO moving across the sky in a poor quality image, than lets say a high definition image, because we'd easily call it a Hoax.
Though I stand with you on this one, I sure would love to see a crystal clear UFO in broad daylight with a High-definition quality camera, that would be one spectacular moment

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Well then it's not a UFO... It's a IFO...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlezeta
are these ufos using some kind of a cloaking technology that blurs the craft out partialy or entirely from pictures?

I am sure there will be those here who seriously try to make that argument. Without, of course, asking themselves why if they are capable of such feats, why not make themselves completely invisible to human perception.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think that this same question could be asked about many different paranormal events: ghosts, monsters etc. You would just think that with so many high quality cameras around these days that someone would be able to snap a quick photo of SOMETHING. A clear, high quality photo that is.

I fear it may never happen. Sort of makes me doubt the existence of any of these things. As the popular saying on ATS goes, If there isn't a photo, it never happened.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Plus if you imagine the situation where you are seeing something that actually is something that you think you've never seen before, a freaking space ship, man.

Sort of gets you excited in a hand shaking kind of way. Can't count the number of times I handed a perfectly good shot over to someone that somehow managed to screw it up just because that jet at the air show went flying by.

Misidentified objects are also frequently seen in low light situations where the shutter is open for a long time. Anything over 1/30 of a second will induce a very blurry image without practice. Same with video. Low light needs more saturation of either the film or CCD.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good question?

As much as as I wish it were otherwise, I'll state the obvious.

Possibly because there are no there are no extraterrestrial visitations and thus nothing to get a clear picture of?

link   
You are assuming every UFO picture taken gets put up on the net,There would be many good pictures that are clear that people have taken but keep to themselves .
This is hard to prove of course,as not everyone wants to be noticed.

link   

Why? Because UFOs are not aliens. They are psycho-physical manifestations of archetypes of the collective unconscious in symbolic forms. One of the archetypes is the "trickster", and the trickster will not allow the UFO phenomenon to emerge from the margins of culture and into the mainstream. The paranormal is marginal, liminal...and real. But it can't be forced in a rigid category, or structure, or paradigm, or interpretation, or definition, or form. The trickster won't fit into such things.

edit on 25-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

I am sure there will be those here who seriously try to make that argument. Without, of course, asking themselves why if they are capable of such feats, why not make themselves completely invisible to human perception.

I have seen dozens of videos of air planes morphing. I just saw a thread about a cloaked UFO the size of a football stadium. I have heard at least 3 story's of this. Have you seen star trek? Do you notice how the ship has power and that they have to divert their power in order to use certain weapons, hyper speed, ect... maybe its something like that? Who knows... All i am saying is their is clear footage of cloaked UFO's and their is clear footage of UFO's. Think about it like this, a disk no bigger then a air plane, and thinner then a air plane. Most people do not have high def camera's, most people cannot afford them. Most people buy camera's and they sit in their closets for years before they are ever used, by the time they use it the technology is out dated and looks horable. Maybe govt taking all the good footage? Who knows...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am sure we have laws for UFO's and Aliens that we did not have in the 50's. One of those laws would be not to expose your self in populated areas. I am sure they have laws or rules about going below a certain high in certain area's. So with that in mind what are the chances of some one looking up and see this ufo witch will most likely only be their for 15min, and that person witch sees the ufo having a high def camera with SUPPER ZOOM. When you do get in highly populated area's, and get a bunch of footage the UFO is usely VERY high. The human eye can see more detail then most camera's. It may not be able to zoom but it can still catch detail that most $900 home camera's can.

But really... I think you have fallen into propaganda. I know you are a believer. This is what the debunkers all ways say.
"why is their no good footage then?" Their is a HUGE amount of good footage their is just more crapy footage because the majoirty of earths population is poor and cannot afford good technology.
edit on 25-3-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy

Originally posted by WingedBull

I have seen dozens of videos of air planes morphing. I just saw a thread about a cloaked UFO the size of a football stadium. I have heard at least 3 story's of this. Have you seen star trek? Do you notice how the ship has power and that they have to divert their power in order to use certain weapons, hyper speed, ect... maybe its something like that? Who knows... All i am saying is their is clear footage of cloaked UFO's and their is clear footage of UFO's. Think about it like this, a disk no bigger then a air plane, and thinner then a air plane. Most people do not have high def camera's, most people cannot afford them. Most people buy camera's and they sit in their closets for years before they are ever used, by the time they use it the technology is out dated and looks horable. Maybe govt taking all the good footage? Who knows...

hi, honest to God ive seen ufos before, and i dont mean birds

ive seen triangle shaped ones

i and my friend saw one blinking, and then disapaeared not behind a cloud or out of sight, literally just flicked out of dimension, as in disapeared.

today i saw a helicopter which seemed to flash and appear out of nowhere too

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I have seen dozens of videos of air planes morphing.

I very much doubt you have, Allison Krause.

I just saw a thread about a cloaked UFO the size of a football stadium.

If it was cloaked, how did they see it.

Have you seen star trek?

Because TV science fiction shows are real life!

All i am saying is their is clear footage of cloaked UFO's

If it's cloaked, how can there be footage?

Maybe govt taking all the good footage? Who knows...

Or maybe Special Pleading is taking all the good footage...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I have to agree with the OP.
Also why is it that the video and pictures are always taken miles away, never close up.

I'm not a believer but I want to be.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Being in the feild of paranormal and cryptozoology practices I have asked myself if I was a fool many of nights.

But in those times it made me want to understand the truth, the truth of what really lies out in the world of our own mysterious chases.

I have seen things I could not explain at first then dug deep enough to have them answered with truth.
And I have had things happen that no matter how hard I tried could not be explained under ANY circumstances or technology.

My personal take is this.....

We are just not meant to know, we are not programmed to understand it all in our minds or in the way of science, I do not think our brains have evolved enough nor is capable of producing gadgets to give us our answers no matter how genious they are.

Rather it's real of fake, or a moment of perfect timing that tricks us a normality is not normal, all of it can't be answered because there are no definate yes or no's.

I suppose you have to come to a TRUE honest conclusion within' yourself to believe what you feel is right.

It's really a tough question to answer. It really is.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It's probably the field around the UFO created by it's anit-gravity and/or magnetism effects that cause the pics to be blurry. ...

Well, thatls as good an answer as any other I suppose...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What about this one?

www.ufoevidence.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join