It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Entanglement For Limitless Distance-Instant Communication.......My So Far Untested Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Mods I'm new here an couldn't find a Theory Forum so if this is in the wrong place please move..Thanks! Ok so I'm going to start with we all know Quantum Entanglement is possible..Well as I understand it if you take a piece of something existing as a whole and remove it from the area of the Existing whole, it will show atomic fluctuations consistent with the environment of the whole or vice versa...So say I shock the atom I removed from the controlled environment..the object I removed the atom from will show increased electro activity instantaneously because they are Quantumly Entangled...Ok so this is my thought..what if we were to take a clone off a extremely long lived tree, like a Bristle Cone Pine. Since the clone was a part of the whole it is automatically quantum entangled I would think..Anyways what if we were to put the clone in the same type of controlled environment on a deep space exploring ship and hooked scanners or readers of some sort to register the fluctuations created by shocking the original whole back on Earth..If we wrote a Binary type of code for understanding the increases an decreases in Electrons Couldn't that be used as a Instant Communication??Kinda like a wireless deep space Telegraph??Eventually maybe even being able to reconstruct Images sent through Binary signals like the Internet does?? The reason I suggest tree clones is because 1.they could scrub the air and potentially produce food fo the crew.. 2.Because it would be like having a piece of earth with you at all times in deep space which I think might keep morale up. an 3 Because if it worked it would most likely be a very cheap efficient way of entanglement...Does anybody think this might work??or if theres no way it would work could somebody explain why? This is just a thought I had while reading another ATSer's post about being able to feel trees emotions so feel free ta bash the idea if thats what you like to do

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

Since the clone was a part of the whole it is automatically quantum entangled I would think.

I don't think that's how it works. Clones are no different than identical twins. The clone would be identical in DNA to the 'parent' but is still a separate entity, hence no QE.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaeologyUnderground
reply to post by ArieZ

Since the clone was a part of the whole it is automatically quantum entangled I would think.

I don't think that's how it works. Clones are no different than identical twins. The clone would be identical in DNA to the 'parent' but is still a separate entity, hence no QE.

oh...that makes sense i guess but Identical twins sometimes share thoughts or feelings even though they are not near each other suppossdly, lol maybe thats just twin mumbo jumbo though..I read somewhere that if you take blood from somebody and shock that person the blood would react even though its seperated from the body..does anybody know if this is true??

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you shock someones twin, or brother, or mother, or father, or close friend, is it possible that a spiritual connection between the two will be activated and record as a sense of trauma? If people practiced this (meaning communication now, not shock treatment lol) between each other, and spent time sharpening their perception, I fully believe a form of telepathy can form. There are posters here who delve into the unknown and claim it's true, I'll attest it's true from personal experience between good friends, and I have no scientific paper to boast about. I don't think God cares if we have scientific papers in the matter, either.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I absolutely agree that it's possible from my own experiences...problem with my experiences I was on '___' and so was everybody else around me
but for reals on different occasions and from different groups of people I have heard of telepathy hieghtened by '___'..Example= The String Theory Guy and anybody who has ever taken Iowaska or however it's spelled

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

Here's an article about how quantum entangled particles were made:

www.nytimes.com...

I know of no technology that would entangle the particles of clones, but if you find any evidence this is possible please provide the source.

So that's why your idea won't work.

However I like the idea of carrying plants on a space mission and agree with you that's a good idea. I suspect to travel to another star a spaceship might actually need its own biosphere where they can grow their own food, etc. They'd need artificial gravity though, and unless you're talking about Bonsai trees, regular sized trees are a little large for a spaceship though an interstellar ship might necessarily have to be large.

This is somewhat of a skunk works topic since it's not based on any real science, so that' would probably be the appropriate forum if you don't have any links to papers or articles that support a scientific idea. Generally the stuff in this forum is about science with supporting evidence like articles, papers, or ideas supported by those.

So if you can link to credible articles or papers supporting your idea, then it probably belongs in the science forum. If not, it probably belongs in skunk works.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Oh sorry..kinda new to this ATS site so didnt know where it went but I see what your saying thanks for not bashing me on it..in the future I'll post my random ideas in skunk works..It was just a idea no papers or studies or anything like that

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It doesn't work because of an odd rule. The act of measuring the super state of the particles chanes their state.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

ArieZ,

You are on the right path but do not seem to be well aquainted with the physics of this.

As to those who claim it will not work - it works because quantum computing logic gates have been shown to work - and they would not work if the information could not be transfered amongst entangled pairs.

The key is to create a known alphabet/logic template to decode the quantum changes seen in the entagled particle - without having to recieve the information of how the first particle was altered.

If this can be accomplished - then ftl communication can exist - with far reaching implications.

(no pun intended)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by truthmagnet

Thanks for that..it gave me a lil hope I wasn't a total idiot..seriously thanks
.....I see what your saying because the quantum particles arent binary they have so many possible sides and reactions there has to be a structured language/alphabet

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArieZ
reply to post by truthmagnet

Thanks for that..it gave me a lil hope I wasn't a total idiot..seriously thanks
.....I see what your saying because the quantum particles arent binary they have so many possible sides and reactions there has to be a structured language/alphabet

No Problem! Glad to help - FTL communication is one of my top out there obsessions - that and gravitic shielding.

Another way to create a template may be to time the changes seen - i.e. - if you see a change in 4 seconds it was a d - if in 5 seconds - an e - always with a 26 second interval that is reset after each change is seen.

Thus a before hand agreed on time template could perhaps technically allow for in-practice FTL texting without necessarily violating actual known FTL information transfer laws - since the information on the agreed upon time templates was transfered between the two parties first at slower than light speeds.

edit on 1-4-2011 by truthmagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

It's been done. Look up Hartmut Muller and Global Scaling. I think he calls it "G-Com".
The diagrams are missing from the patent on Espacenet.

edit on 1-4-2011 by grizzle2 because: typo

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

Here we go:

Hartmut Muller G-Com

One of the patents:

Muller Patent

Click on the PDF symbol marked "US" ffor the english-language version.

edit on 1-4-2011 by grizzle2 because: additional info.

edit on 1-4-2011 by grizzle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

From his website:

What you can do with it?
Communication
Prognostication
Energy
Antigravity
Biotechnology
Medicine

I would add

con people

Were talking about real science here - let's not confuse the issue with snake oil crapola - no offense.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
On quantum-entangled communication speed...

"How Quantum Entanglement Transcends Space and Time" - October. 25, 2011 blog

Experiments using closely synchronized measurements on entangled particles have shown hidden signals would need to zap from one particle to the other at least 10,000 times faster than light. (See also “The Speed of Spookiness” by CQT’s Vlatko Vedral.) So, any such backchannel would flout Einstein’s special theory of relativity. But that's not a deal-breaker. As long as the signals are hidden, they pose no overt contradiction to relativity.

fqxi.org...

On room-temperature, quantum-entangled, 'macro-objects'...

"Entangled diamonds blur quantum-classical divide" - December 01, 2011

Two diamonds as wide as earring studs have been made to share the spooky quantum state known as entanglement. The feat, performed at room temperature, blurs the divide between the classical and quantum worlds, since typically the quantum link has been made with much smaller particles at low temperatures.

www.newscientist.com...

edit on 12/1/2011 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join