It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian main airport cancelled flights for an hour

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zyntax

if that third photo is on a tripod with a normal shutter speed (dare i say it) it looks like its travelling very very very fast like i think we are talking possibly and its just a guess
tousands of miles an hour

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples--->these are the photos uploaded by the fickr user is this all the same object over the airport?

No, those pictures was taken a few hours later and many miles further south/east. I don't think anyone got pics of that ultralight plane that shut down Gardermoen.

We spent 40 minutes in the hold until it became clear that whatever it was had cleared the airspace.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

so why is the OP telling me these are the pix of the object????????

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples

so why is the OP telling me these are the pix of the object????????

You better ask OP, it's a fact that those pictures was taken far from gardermoen a few hours later.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Im sorry for posting the photos, since i was pretty sure they were related to this incident.

Maybe the photos should have gotten their own topic then....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zyntax

yea i think you should find out where those pics where taken and maby some background info and start another thread with them but this thread should be closed unless we can get pix of the object because whats the point in speculating what the object was over the airport it will get us no were im afraid , sorry pal

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
reply to post by zyntax

yea i think you should find out where those pics where taken and maby some background info

The pictures were taken from Østfold, probably Fredrikstad area.

Probably a satellite. The "contrail" effect is because the photographer used long exponation time and moved the camera around a bit, according to this thread: forum.flyprat.no...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well the photographer states in that post that he didnt move the camera.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Perhaps I jumped to conclusions, but there might be no correlation whatsoever between the pictures and the planes stopping because the distance and time between the pictures and the plane stopping are not close enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zyntax

ikke noen form for bevegelse av kamera på noen av disse bilder,

Oops, i can see that now, it was in the opening post, my mistake.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Sadly i dont have enough posts to start a new thread about this, but if someone wanna make new a thread it would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thoes pictures are probably the result of some effects caused by the camera. The guy that posted them on that forum said he didnt see anything like that untill he looked at the pictures. He also said he used a 10 second delay to take them. dont know anything about camers, so dont realy know what that means.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

Its was transparent, one can only make out the outline, tirangular outline, it was picked up on radar, little will be known about this, keep it in the back of your mind, you will see this material again!! Good post,

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would like to add that it is VERY possible it is a hang glider.

www.adventureairsports.com.au...

This shows what is the Mosquito NRG which is a foot launched powered hang glider. It could easily reach them altitudes and you would probably not be able to see the small motor or fan blade from that distance.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
I would like to add that it is VERY possible it is a hang glider.

www.adventureairsports.com.au...

This shows what is the Mosquito NRG which is a foot launched powered hang glider. It could easily reach them altitudes and you would probably not be able to see the small motor or fan blade from that distance.

Yup, very possible. The message we got was that it was a motorized hang glider.

People buy them and treat them as a toy like a moped, then they take off and end up in the approach path at high traffic density airports, like today.
And since they have no comm radio, no transponder, no license or training whatsoever they wouldn't know if they don't find out the hard way.

Won't surprise me if this kamikaze pilot is totally unaware of all the trouble and delay he/she caused.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
that's pretty high for a hand glider.. wouldn't see me up that high on one of those

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Current paraglider altitude record is held by Ewa Wisnerska with an altitude of 32,612 feet msl. I believe that the legal limit in the US is around 18K feet msl, anything over 18K feet msl cannot fly under VFR rules and therefore requires IFR Instrumentation and radios.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Please remember before posting that the pictures in the thread are NOT from the object over the airport, these were done later and could be unrelated.

If the original was a microlight or similar the person is bloody stupid and needs to be fined, flying into airport air space is stunningly stupid and incredibly dangerous.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Okay, the pictures turned out to be a dead-end, at least for now. There is a new story about this incident.

Before you read this article, there might be some organizations you might not be aware of. Avinor is the organisation that works with airline safety. NLF is the airsport-organization in Norway, they work with a lot of different stuff. And Norway is just about 5ish million people, so it's a small country. So, there are not so many people who do airsports to keep track of. Although some people like to keep a low key. For instance some base-jumpers who jump off of mountains and buildings keep to themselves. They also have side-projects from time to time that can be considered extreme. But, I doubt they had anything to do with it.

There were however strong winds in the area. People are starting to consider that some random objects got airborne. You can use translate.google.com... to get this article from Norwegian to English:

www.nrk.no...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There was just another article about this incident. In this article the police says it probably was some air-sport person with either a sailing-plane or a hang-glider. Although the weather was so bad that they doubt a ride would be comfortable, at least not in that altitude. The organization for air-sports say they think it was some flying debris. They have encountered plastic bags in that altitude during previous windy conditions. And it turns out the distance between the plane and the object should have been in the scale of hundreds of feet. So it was probably under 3000 feet distance and the object had a course lower then the plane.

The article can be translated with translate.google.com... if you need to do so:
www.vg.no...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join