It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No time..must leave...one bag..what would you like to be in it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My post still stands. Equipment without knowledge makes you a target. What happen if you are in a subway, movie theatre etc? You cannot wait for someone to come get you. You must be able to move and move quickly, even if injured. You MUST have a place to go You Must have a clue about what you are doing. You must be proficient in survival skills in order to get along and provide for your necessary needs. A heavy pack in you car will not get you through this.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

p.s. NEVER EVER BECOME A REFUGEE AND DEPEND ON OTHERS FOR YOUR WELL BEING!!!!!!!
edit on 22-3-2011 by reluctantpawn because: edit for content and post script

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow...within a few hours there are two more threads started with the same subject. It is good to know that people are realy interested in the subject and take initiative to give a helping hand to complete my list with the essential stuff and ideas.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
For an alternative laugh:
passport
Cash roll
camera/ extra batteries
cell phone/ laptop
spa supplies
underwear /socks
three pairs of shoes ( and riding boots)
travel book/map
photos of family
novel/ magazines
fruit/ nut snacks
small blanket/travel pillow
When I arrive at new destination rent car, buy all new clothes, find horse ranch to vacation at (in any country) near the beach until said crisus is finished. Might as well do what you enjoy until the end.
edit on 22-3-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My bag is always packed and near the door, When I leave it goes in the vehicle with me.

The bag contains:

300 ml. water bladder empty
2 liters of water
Empty Nalgene water bottle
filtered water bottle
Water purification tablets
1 quart aluminum pan (for boiling water)
2 packs of Datrex emergency food bars
fire starting kit: Vaseline/cotton balls, magnesium starter, waterproof matches, bic lighter
LED flashlight - 6 spare AA batteries
GPS - 4 spare AA batteries
compass & map of Arizona
Signal mirror
Sig P226 / 2 spare loaded mags / 50 rounds spare ammo (95 rounds total)
Gerber fixed blade knife
Gerber lock blade knife
1/2 roll of toilet paper in zip lock bag
2 - 1 gallon empty zip lock bags
rain poncho (military surplus)
leather gloves, wool hat, wool sweater
Gerber multi-tool

Just about anything I need to get by "WHERE I LIVE" and everybodies bag should be different depending on your needs and area. Mine is heavy on water items and storage because I live in a desert area and water is more important. I don't have a stream every mile like some places do

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hunting knife
Magnesium fire stick
Tommahawk
Line and hooks
Tarp (small)
Canteen or camel back
Cordage
Duck tape
Some energy bars (having a little food is always helpful)
gun and ammo
small ziplock bag with lint (great tinder)

This list isn't perfect but it is what I've been working on as I have the money to pick up items for it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
What about the situation with children/ infants...any suggestions for keeping them save and are there particular items that can make their "outdoor stay" more comportable?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hm. what might we be preparing for? I guess there are at least 3 levels of potential bugouts;
1-3 days (storm disrupts power,stay in next county till cleared)
4-10 days (major house damage/flood, nuclear cloud)
11-days plus (invasion, major environmental catastrophe, nbc contamination)

it occurs to me that a geiger counter would come in handy if you can take off in your vehicle.

if you really have re$ources a fallback place with food/water/radio/geiger counter would be great.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

The idea about this 'To Go Bag' is for a 3 or more day outdoor stay. You can understand that a person can not take a 6 month worth of food and water withhim in a bag so.....Taking stuff that will give you the opportunity to make use of your surroundings and with that to increase your chance of survival. With other words it is better to take with you fishing gear than a few cans of tuna. Also important to bear in mind is the location you are at. It has no use to bag fishing gear if you live in a dessert......if you know what I mean.

Something else....it would not be a mistake to take along some salt and peper or maybe other spices to your liking. Swallowing unseasoned food can become a stodgy excercise while it can be something to look forward to aswell with some salt and peper.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join