It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think you both are wrong. GOD is omnipotent and omnipresent and came up with a master plan before SHe ever made man. GOD knew exactly what Adam and Eve woulddo so the Tree of knowledge of Good And Evil; was not an Apple or Grape vine. The fruit from that Tree was a P/ear since Pears have Ears and heard exactly what God said and missed what Jesus asked this Good and Evil are a P/air who were made Part Air, Flesh and bone but are actually just the oppsited Side of a coin in the your Hand. One is the Head and Other the Tail, and even could it be about the 1st day of Christmas and a Partridge in a Pare Tree. So with this said; you are also wrong about the "Morning Star" The morning star is the Moon from 12:00 am until 12:00 noon p.m. , so you just need to switch the Order . According to the Bible the Darkness was 1st i.e., "And the Evening (Dark) and the Morning (Son/Sun Light) were the 1st day. Therefore due to "[Male and female made He them" Jesus is the Light or Son and Lucifer has to be GODs Lunatic Daughter whose now a real red hot blooded woman aka as Lucy. My bible says God asked the question "How art thy fallen" and I contend; Jesus and Satan are not the same but are twin brother and sister. So Satan took a dive, or a fall but could have been a real contender. However due to the fall from heaven and defeat she was left her with broken wings and a bit of amnesia. So Jesus cast Her into a bed and I played like I was dead until he woke me up.

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by buddha

Tell me this,
god is omnipotent and omnipresent.
so why did he put a tree in the garden?
maybe not omnipotent enough to see the future?

It was to give man freewill. A choice to obey God, or disobey. Without a choice to obey God or disbey Him, man would be nothing more than a robot.

maybe just a little blind and not omnipresent enough to not to see them steal his apples?

It was a grape on a vine tree most likey....not apples.

or can morning star blind the old man?
we have gone through all this!
because god will not share his apples?
because he did not have the sense to put a wall around the apple tree?
man was INERSENT!
morning star told man to take the apple.
SO god blames man???
please think about this .
then give a answer.

The "morning star" you keep referring to is known as Jesus Christ in the Holy Bible. (Rev 2:28, 22:16) You're thinking of:

ISAIAH 14:12 "...from heaven, O Lucifer, SON OF THE MORNING" I'm not surprised though over your ignorance. New bibles change these words around to make people think Satan and Jesus are the same. S.O.P.

Any more questions?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

and what bible do you use?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Of course its the KJV and not the NIV Newer Improved Versions because I dont believe Man who wrote the bible can improve on something he doesnt even understand and Rev. 5:2-5 says no man in heaven, in earth or under the earth could unlock the seal or even look on the book.

reply to post by KJV1611

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

My bible says God asked the question "How art thy fallen" and I contend; Jesus and Satan are not the same but are twin brother and sister. So Satan took a dive, or a fall but could have been a real contender. However due to the fall from heaven and defeat she was left her with broken wings and a bit of amnesia. So Jesus cast Her into a bed and I played like I was dead until he woke me up.

again I ask....what bible do you use? and where do you find your opinions? as in chapter and verse

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

. . .again I ask....what bible do you use? and where do you find your opinions? as in chapter and verse. . .
She did a typo, saying "thy", instead of "thou", but it is Isaiah 14:12.
The other verse was Genesis 1.
She also already said, KJV.
You probably just have a problem with her interpretation.
edit on 20-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

My bible says God asked the question "How art thy fallen" and I contend; Jesus and Satan are not the same but are twin brother and sister. So Satan took a dive, or a fall but could have been a real contender. However due to the fall from heaven and defeat she was left her with broken wings and a bit of amnesia. So Jesus cast Her into a bed and I played like I was dead until he woke me up.

again I ask....what bible do you use? and where do you find your opinions? as in chapter and verse

It probably does not matter what version she uses, as her belief seems to based on something other, which she iterates and reiterates. It's best to move on.

I have a question: What are the tares? Are they a metaphor, or are they an identifiable group of people? They do not seem to be liable to the Plan of Salvation, but to directly to Hell, do not collect $200. Jesus says they were planted by an enemy, so are they even human, as we understand human?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I have a question: What are the tares? Are they a metaphor, or are they an identifiable group of people?
I would say, metaphor.
Bad religion.
Jesus said, Let them be, when disciples told Jesus that other people were casting out demons in his name.
Lots of Christian denominations but God does not bother to go through and kill all the heretics.
At least for the time being.

edit on 22-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Tares are weeds or parts of wheat and chaff that blows away in the wind. Tares are destroyed before marriage feast because they will be needed to make bread. How does One make B/Read? Well you use Water, Floiur or Wheat salt and a little Yeast. Then you kNead it and put it in the Oven or Furnance so it can get heated until it the Whole thing Rises and bakes. Tares are discussed in Math beginning from Mat 13:24-35 with 33-35 being very important because although the bible says; He spoke another parable he was really on the same topic when he said "The kingdom of heaven is Liken to Leaven (YEAST) who took in 3 measures of meal until the Whole was leaven. Gal. 5:9 As it says;p a little yeast leaven the Whole Lump which is all of US. Jesus explainedthe difference betweeen Him and the Devil, but GOD ends up using the Devil to explain What Jesus meant and thats why Jesus said; things that were kept Hidden from the beginning of Time will finally be told or the B/Read gets Turned into the Hidden Manna (B/Read) that your Read About. and Jesus Promised. Also the 3 measures include the Water, Salt and Yeast or my 3Xs in the Trinity family X(yX)X cause the "Pots on the stove are Holyiness unto the Lord; and beside that the Queen of Heaven really likes Cake.

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

It probably does not matter what version she uses, as her belief seems to based on something other, which she iterates and reiterates. It's best to move on.

I have a question: What are the tares? Are they a metaphor, or are they an identifiable group of people? They do not seem to be liable to the Plan of Salvation, but to directly to Hell, do not collect $200. Jesus says they were planted by an enemy, so are they even human, as we understand human?

edit on 06/27/2011 by 1MrsJesusChrist because: forgot to add something

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
How could I leave out the most important part in Math: 13:33 which says the kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, (yeast) which a Woman took and Hid in 3 measures of meal till the whole was leaven" So sorry about the mistake.

]reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No explanation is needed. Jesus Christ Himself explains perfectly what the tares are just a few verses later:

Matthew 13:38-43
"36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. "

This should be clear. There will be a LARGE group of people gathered together and tossed into hell. The above two people don't know what they are talking about. Any more questions?

edit on 24-10-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

You are entirely correct of course. I think I am just stunned that a large portion of humankind is apparently unsaved and unsavable, destined to go on to the same reward as Satan and the demons. I must admit that there is no hint of reconciliation here...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
reply to post by KJV1611

You are entirely correct of course. I think I am just stunned that a large portion of humankind is apparently unsaved and unsavable, destined to go on to the same reward as Satan and the demons. I must admit that there is no hint of reconciliation here...

That's because that large portion of mankind isn't insane or intellectually substandard.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ready for some thought spurring reading? Its ugly, be warned... I want to talk about Jeremiah chapters 15-17. We will deal with one chapter at a time with my comments inside ( ) under the verses. Join in!!!

Jer 15:
1 Then said the LORD unto me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my mind could not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth.
(Go forth where?)
2 And it shall come to pass, if they say unto thee, Whither shall we go forth? then thou shalt tell them, Thus saith the LORD; Such as are for death, to death; and such as are for the sword, to the sword; and such as are for the famine, to the famine; and such as are for the captivity, to the captivity.
(God basically said you can "go the hell")
3 And I will appoint over them four kinds, saith the LORD: the sword to slay, and the dogs to tear, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the earth, to devour and destroy.
(Historic AND prophetic during the tribulation.)
4 And I will cause them to be removed into all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh the son of Hezekiah king of Judah, for that which he did in Jerusalem.
(Hints why Jews are in almost every nation)
5 For who shall have pity upon thee, O Jerusalem? or who shall bemoan thee? or who shall go aside to ask how thou doest?
6 Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting. (wow)
7 And I will fan them with a fan in the gates of the land; I will bereave them of children, I will destroy my people since they return not from their ways.
(Just as God had Joshua and Moses kill all the inhabitants of Canaan because they were so corrupt BEYOND redemption, so too did God have to kill off his own people for the same reason. What irony)
8 Their widows are increased to me above the sand of the seas: I have brought upon them against the mother of the young men a spoiler at noonday: I have caused him to fall upon it suddenly, and terrors upon the city.
9 She that hath borne seven languisheth: she hath given up the ghost; her sun is gone down while it was yet day: she hath been ashamed and confounded: and the residue of them will I deliver to the sword before their enemies, saith the LORD.
(Matthew 24:19 ↑ and ↓
10 Woe is me, my mother, that thou hast borne me a man of strife and a man of contention to the whole earth! I have neither lent on usury, nor men have lent to me on usury; yet every one of them doth curse me.
11 The LORD said, Verily it shall be well with thy remnant; verily I will cause the enemy to entreat thee well in the time of evil and in the time of affliction.
(Not anymore. The Lord only promised such protection on the condition the Jews OBEYED Him and keep His law.)
12 Shall iron break the northern iron and the steel?
(weapons of war from the north countries...P.S. The North always win in every major war in HISTORY. look it up.)
13 Thy substance and thy treasures will I give to the spoil without price, and that for all thy sins, even in all thy borders.
14 And I will make thee to pass with thine enemies into a land which thou knowest not: for a fire is kindled in mine anger, which shall burn upon you.
(happened literally here and during the catholic inquisition and holocaust)
15 O LORD, thou knowest: remember me, and visit me, and revenge me of my persecutors; take me not away in thy longsuffering: know that for thy sake I have suffered rebuke.
16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.
( Notice Jeremiah gives up on his national prayer for Israel and prays just for himself for now on. )
17 I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou hast filled me with indignation.
(I am filled with indignation of wicked sinners as well. Especially those who deny the persevered, inspired words of God in the King James Bible. Notice Jeremiah said "Thy words were found...." I have found God's words as well. )
18 Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuseth to be healed? wilt thou be altogether unto me as a liar, and as waters that fail?
19 Therefore thus saith the LORD, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them.
(Notice the "thou shalt be as my mouth"? God uses MEN to speak His words as recorded in the Bible)
20 And I will make thee unto this people a fenced brasen wall: and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
(Jeremiah is going to tell the Jews they will be sacked)
21 And I will deliver thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee out of the hand of the terrible.
(Jer.)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

There's nothing thought-spurring about being exposed to navel-gazing solipsism.

ANYTHING can be pseudo-proved from a set of self-contained and circular arguments based on mythological (and similar ideological) self-proclaimed authority.

edit on 25-10-2011 by bogomil because: semantic syntax

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

This should be clear. There will be a LARGE group of people gathered together and tossed into hell. The above two people don't know what they are talking about.
Matthew 13:38 says,

. . .the good seed are the children of the kingdom. . .

In another place, Matt. 8: 11, 12, Jesus says this same group, the children of the kingdom are cast out.

“I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

So Jesus, even though he was explaining a parable, was using a metaphorical statement to do so.
The devil can not plant people, so it has to be a metaphor for bad doctrines being introduced, which in the end will be proven for their worthlessness and poison.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Deepen your understanding. What Jesus was getting at was that, as He said elsewhere, they are not all of Israel who are of Israel. Or in other words, not everyone who is destined to be in the Kingdom of Heaven is among the Israelites (their worldly kingdom), and although many would like to have humankind separated just so, Israelites in the Kingdom, and non-Israelites in outer darkness, God says we will not be divided like that at all. I find it of interest that the "outies" are not cast into a firey Hell, but only into Outer Darkness, rather like that poor fellow at the wedding feast of the Lamb, who lacked proper credentials and got the bum's rush out of the banquet hall, and into the street.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I think Jesus gives a general overview that different people have different levels of responsibility.
The higher the level of your status the greater the consequences of your wrong actions, and so the more severe punishment for failure to meet that responsibility.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I would not argue against that. As He said, to those to whom more is given, more is required.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I think Jesus gives a general overview that different people have different levels of responsibility.
The higher the level of your status the greater the consequences of your wrong actions, and so the more severe punishment for failure to meet that responsibility.

I also highly agree with this statement. MANY examples in the Bible back this up.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The other day, I found a note of my Dad's in one of his books, mentioning some book by Jay P. Green. Having inherited a copy of Unholy Hands on the Bible, and having heard a lot about him, I went to eBay, and came across the King James II Bible. I went to the website, and found that it had been developed with the aid of a supercomputer which was fed with all possible manuscripts. The site compares the KJV with the KJV II, and they are very close.

Have any of you heard of it, and what do you think of it?
edit on 31-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join