It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever heard of "Familiars"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
sorry lol didnt mean to get your back up its just that you started the thread by saying some seemed good and others evil.i just wanted to know if you thought these were evil because they were dobermans.as you said something spooked you,i was just trying to find out if it was the appearance or the event,and if they were smaller dogs would you have waited a little longer to find out which?.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
you didn't really upset me. I just felt maybe I wasn't getting my point across. I am new to the computer world and I find it very hard to relay a messege to someone and them receiving it correctly. Did that make sense? LOL probably not. But my intention for asking this and telling my story was to find out if they do infact exist and if anyone else had had an odd encounter with an animal that may have spooked them...like mine.
I had another strange experience with an animal in which he busted through our front door at like 2 in the morning. He was a friendly neighborhood dog, lab mix or something and that very night there had been a prowler in the neighborhood. So this dog I would also consider as a familiar type. Maybe it's just my animal magnetism that attracts these dogs to me LOL!!

[Edited on 26-3-2003 by magestica]

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The day my grandfather passed away, birds kept flying into the window. It of course killed most of them on impact. Normally birds do not fly into my window, so this was a strange occurance.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That is pretty strange!
I should also tell you guys that I am Native American descent and maybe that is why I look at things the way that I do? Someone told me this once and maybe they were right? I have a really bad habit of finding hidden meanings in everyday ordinary life, my husband rolls his eyes to this habit of mine LOL!

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
this is a bit odd.......... but ill post it anyway.ive never heard of familiars before reading this thread lol but i was doing a search on magpies and they were mentioned in the first page i looked at.heres the addy www.shades-of-night.com... it works
..........oh and why do you think the dog bust in?the reason i mean.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Maybe he was warning us? Or maybe the poor thing was just hungry? I wish I had answers, but unfortunately I only have way too many questions

BTW...the link said "page not found" What did it say roughly??
Thanks, Magestica

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
tried the link and it seems i got the .......hope included
is me ......works fine if you take it out.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I thought about that too..the first time they appeared. I thought ohh, it's just 2 regular dogs wanting food or something. But when they showed up the second time, we were having just about the same conversation as we were the first time.

Remember, dogs are pack hunters and tend to do a prowl in a certain pattern at a certain time. And humans are VERY time oriented... so you can't discount "owner comes home and that's when they're let out" or "this is when owner walks dogs."

But I also think that magicians are quite capable of "tricking" the mind,therefore who is to know that what you are seeing is actually even real at all??

Yes, someone skilled in the art could use the coincidental dogs to scare the bejeezus out of you... or even arrange for a friend to bring them by. I don't see the point in it, though.

So now what do you think? You said that you are a wiccan...do you consider yourself good or evil? And if you are good, which I have a feeling you are, would you even begin to know the power of someone working under satan?
I know I'm kind of getting off the original post, but I had ulterior motives for my questioning anyway.

I consider myself good.

I have spent quite a bit of time fighting evil and evils. I think a "powerful magician with familiars" makes for a wonderful fantasy story, but in real life it don't exist. In fact, I removed a bruja's "curse" from a family two years ago. Though the bruja was reportedly very powerful and from a long line of sorcerers, the curse was very simple to undo.

And quite obviously nothing happened to me.

Evil comes in many forms. People run around looking for demons and drama and forget what Real Evil looks like -- it's the person who tortures animals, the one who abuses fellow humans just for fun, it's the bully on the playground, it's the one who forces sex on the unwilling... so many evils that can be fought and put in their place. It's the drama queens who live to manipulate and hurt others and drain their energy.

I believe in demons of delusion that can trigger things. I believe in ghosts. But they're far less powerful and far less capable of harming the world than an angry man who wants to get revenge on his ex-wife and kids.

All religions have perfectly good ways of chasing them off -- and they work. If they were so horkin' powerful, there wouldn't be any way to get rid of them... and the methods certainly wouldn't involve something so simple and humble as a prayer and water and salt, eh?

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Maybe you should read my post "victimized by them"
and then tell me what you think?

I would greatly appreciate any info that would help me out with that. Because at this point I've been fighting off evil for about 20 years! And I'm losing.
Sincerely, Magestica

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
it is most likely that they were watching you, and functioning as a scrying link for their master... Magicians rarely order their familiars to attack others, they care too much for them. (whether evil or good familiars). Speaking from an occult standpoint that is....

However, I think there are probably more earthly explainations, such as maybe as small puppies, they lived in your house, before you, and got out from their masters and instinctively went there, etc. There is really of plethora of explainations here, that have nothing to do with them being "familiars".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join