It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Type O to Type I civilization transition - we, as human race, are moving towards failure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Dear fellow humans,

First of all, excuse my language use – I am not a native English speaker as my country has little use of the language so my post is bound to be filled with errors – please, tolerate this as it is the message that counts and not the medium.

My post concerns Type 0 to Type I civilization transition (of the human race, of course) and the reasons why we are most likely to fail this test.
Even though many of you know the model involving civilization types according to energy use, I will revise it just in case.

The model in question is called the Kardashev scale – this scale prompted further development of the model. According to the Kardashev scale, there are three civilization types:

Type I – a civilization that can harness complete power of its planet (meaning that this civilization has complete control over all the processes on that planet).
Type II – a civilization that can harness complete power of its mother star (meaning that this civilization has control over part or all or its mother solar system).
Type III – a civilization that can harness complete power of the entire galaxy (meaning the unimaginable ability to actually control the processes of a galaxy).

This scale had some modification – Type 0 civilization was introduced and human population was placed on the sub-Type I scale (meaning it is on the verge of transition from Type 0 to Type I civilization).
Further on, Type IV civilization was added to the model – Type IV being able to control the energy output of the entire visible universe (meaning access to energy sources such as dark energy).
This finishes the intro – now to the point.

As it is visible from the model above, we are on the verge of making the Type 0 to Type I transition. Many scientists agree that this period is very dangerous for not only human civilization, but for all hypothetical civilizations of the universe. By some theorists, over 80% of civilizations (hypothetical extraterrestrial civilizations) die out during the time of transition between Type 0 and Type I. The reason for their demise is self-destruction because of power abuse.

Let us assume that our civilization is very close to becoming a Type I. Let us assume that we already have the beginnings of total planetary control – let us assume that means of control is called HAARP (High frequency Active Auroral Research Program). Maybe it could be used to control natural processes of our globe. Some already think HAARP has such abilities and, indeed, uses them.
HAARP is based on designs and ideas of Nikola Tesla who pointed that he could split the Earth in two using nothing but the right frequency.

Before we continue, it would be wise to note the difference in the state of mind of populations of Type 0 and Type I civilizations. We will note that difference using HAARP.

In Type 0 civilization, HAARP is considered a weapon, and if it is used, it would most likely be used to attain power and control.
In Type I civilization, HAARP is considered a tool, and it is used for betterment of human kind and for attaining prosperity.

Note the difference between tool and weapon – that difference is nothing more than the mind set of the people who use the technology.

Now, look around you – what is the primal motivator for most human beings? Unfortunately, we are able to see that groups in power have primary goals such as power, domination and more power.

Now, look at the mindset of most of the population of this planet. If they are aware of power struggles and unethical ways of attaining power, why do they not react? And who is to say they would be any different if given the chance to grab that power?

Look at the wars around the globe – fought over ethnicity, religion or resources…look at how willing and ready people are to kill each other.

In some ways, I have first hand experience coming from a country that was relatively recently involved in a war based on ethnicity and religion. Even after it was concluded that the war was meaningless and did more harm than good (oh, what a surprise….) people are still ready to fight based on those same differences. Very narrow minded. Very immature.

So, we have a mostly immature mind set and power hungry people in positions who possibly have access to this weapon that can practically destroy the earth (and if HAARP does what most of you think it does, it can also split the planet in two). And with these variables we are supposed to enter a civilization Type I period?? I find that hard to believe.

In order not to die in the transition, and the only thing that can save us, is a massive mind shift of the entire population of this planet – we should all become aware of the importance of responsibility, altruism and care for resources (nature and planet) in order to stop looking at technology such as HAARP as a weapon, and start looking at it as a tool – a tool that would end all poverty and hunger – but it would make certain lobbies loose their power.

Do you think such a massive shift in consciousness is possible? Look around, look at what motivates most people around you – do you really believe that?

I find it almost impossible. And that is why I think that HAARP, if it indeed holds such capabilities, and in the hands of those who make up power centers in the world, will most certainly spell our doom. And so, we will be one of many civilizations that perished on the transition between Type 0 to Type I just because we have the technology, but we do not have a proper mind and value set to use it.

It is better for such an immature civilization to perish – if it would be allowed to actually interact with lesser civilizations, it would most certainly destroy them.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If HAARP splits planet in two, I am taking side with women.
Hail to the King Baby!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

-.-

Good, we would need breeding material.

Seriously, can we discuss the eminent doom?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Ubasti because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Humanity is a mixed bag. There are periods in history where peace and prosperity flourished, then someone came along to burn it all down. The ongoing struggle between vigilance and self interest in the banking sector has been a long term struggle. The culture that contains many of the wealthy and centralised power has some inherent flaws for humanity with projects like the monarch program. The ability of the state to lie and keep secrets with media control and a lack of resolution for the courts to publicise the reality with its findings allow the corruption to grow and spread. Humans do respond well when faced with the public shame and humiliation of their actions, but some go to all lengths to hide this and there is a growing culture that approves of this.

I agree that the question you ask is valid. When an animal is terminal the most humane thing to do is to end the suffering. Earth has done quite well with bodies like the UN and a lot of civil and responsible wording in its charter and acts, however the implementation does fall down a lot like any baby learning to walk. The culture of Earth is one deep in warfare and this will progress through type 1. As for what the implications are universally for humans to continue or get reset I have no idea.

It does sound like we are at type 1 already in some aspects but still a few little things to go, yet so many things are unsustainable in our current ways. The continuation of pain, hardship and sacrifice will be with us for some time to come. There are people with great wisdom, valour and respect around to lead in a responsible way, unfortunately their talents are not always recognised or they do not have the strength and cunning to engage in the power struggles. I know I do not want to go through our dark history again if that is what a reset means. I know I do not want to inflict our pain and suffering out in the galaxy if that is what continuation means.

If Earth is to pass then I will give it a C- as it will be close. We have been living minutes away from destruction for a long time and by the sounds of it we would have gone a long time ago if it was not for some intervention. There are many competing factions here and they all want to survive. We still have a lot of growing up to do to realise this right. Personally I would not be concerned if I died tomorrow, I would be on the look out for another planet for reincarnation if that is next, this place is just way to crazy.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Hello,

we agree in many ways, but I would not say we have reached Type I...at least not formaly. Type I would mean total control of all natural processes. If that is possible, then it is kept a secret from vast numbers of human beings.

I do not like to think on why human beings are such as they are, but my worry is: if there is a weapon that could either be the means of achieving Type I in full or the means of total destruction of the planet - what would humans as they are now do with it?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ubasti

Well....all good analysis and summation of the Types "I through IV". We are nowhere near, yet, being a "type I"....and certainly, HAARP is nothing as is claimed by all the naysayers and "doom & gloom" sorts.

No...it isn't going to "split the planet in half"....the power output, in wattage, is minuscule.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I found your English diction to be very good, probably better than most college graduates who speak English as a first language.

When we figure out Quantum Physics and have a good model of the "Theory of Everything," then this could be a great indicator we can move to the Level I. That is if we don't destroy ourselves in the process, which might be a reality.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hello, all and thank you for sharing your views on this question.

Maybe I went too far by naming HAARP as a tool for attaining Type 1 status, but the question in intself is more concerning with the rapid developement of our technology and with who controls that developement (almost in all cases military). My worry is that this direction we are taking now will destroy us before reaching Type 1.

And with discoveries today (fast paced ones) we could be nearing that ground braking discovery - when we make it, what will it be used for? As things are now, probably for retaining or obtaining power and that is something that does not make good prognosis for humans in general.

As for quantum physics, I would say CERN is the best bet for that field for now...

Human developement should precede or at least follow technological developement otherwise we loose when it comes to Type 1 transition. Maybe this is the question that regards the need for human society to mature, to change?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ubasti

if there is a weapon that could either be the means of achieving Type I in full or the means of total destruction of the planet - what would humans as they are now do with it?

Depends on who had access to it. If it was kept hidden then it would be used to not only control the natural processes, but the people as well. The lust for power and domination with the megalomaniac is quite sad, pathetic and a waste of unused potential. If it was out in the open, subject to free and unrestricted access to public review then it would be very inspirational and provide a very positive affect. This is because all harmful purposes will be quickly shut down and most selfish people do not proceed with their sly acts where there is a strong likelihood of getting caught.

Depending on the technology, over time there may be an assault by one group of people to gain control and restrict access to the rest of the population. The potential for this is higher if this technology is large scale infrastructure as just a few sites need to be controlled. If this technology is easily dispersed then it will be much harder for any one group to dominate the technology. The main measure of this is if you could put a meter on it. This is why Tesla's wireless transmission of energy was shut down, so J.P.Morgan could control the energy sector through metered electricity accounts.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Again we agree on most points, and I also like to think that potential groundbreaking technology would be used for best purposes if controlled by the entire population.

But, human beings have tendencies to form hierarhical structures of managing just about anything - it is the way we are, I guess....what I am afraid of is the power and its influence on any human or group of humans.

People who hold the power should change. Some might say they can not, so we have to make them change via some sort of revolution - but what after that? We will again have some sort of hierarchical society and maybe hidden motives and hunger for power all over again. I conclude this by looking at history of human society.

Maybe, by the time we reach really important discoveries connected to Type 1 civilisation, we will have people with the right mind set managing them. But for now, it is all military/power controlled with the purpose of domination and profit.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
SF Great post although I will have to agree with another poster on the fact that I don't think that we have quite reached type I yet. You know? I think that the inability for humans to eliminate their ego and stubberness is the key problem. What I am seeing in Libia, Egypt, and other countries is amazing and could really help transition this worl. I do have to say though I can assure you that it won't be in our lifetime or even our grand childrens. There will always be crazies, but eventually most of them will cese to exist.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't believe we'll make it to a type I civilization. My reasoning behind this is not because of our advancement in technology or the fact that we may not be ready for even better technology than we currently have, or something like that... It's our people. Specifically those who try to manage. Its not joe six pack, nor billybob that is causing the rucus. It's the jerk offs who think that they somehow have some god-given ability to become managers, supervisors, politicians, or other authority figures.

It's also the entire structure or the very thing we call "civilization" or "society". What the hell do those words mean anyways? To me, its like a bunch of people running around stealing from you to "keep you safe", and attempt to control the individual. A nasty nasty notion at the very least. It's abuse doesn't start at the very top like the people who did 9/11 (cheney and crew). It starts at the very notion or idea of society, and as the greater the power or responsibility rises, so does the abuse factor. This is why we are bound to fail.

I mean seriously, does anyone else find it downright psychotic that we have to pay taxes, or that laws even exist? I couldn't even grow a garden in my neighborhood, because some nazi from the Home Owners Association will cry over it. I may be the only one, but I don't think we can move forward, until we fix the foundation.
edit on 21-3-2011 by WdBASH because: type!=top

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ubasti

Good points. Our hierarhical structures are like a tree, problems arise and branches grow. Over time new technology is introduced like numbers, writing, the printing press, radio, tv and now the internet. These changes introduce new tools to manage communication, organisation and introduce new revolutions to manage the political process. Over time our tree of political structure has produced a lot of dead wood as new means and ways are available to solve old problems as new problems continually arise. For the health of the tree pruning is required from time to time to release the burden of the dead wood and allow new branches to grow.

The internet is playing a large part in the next stage of political revolution and this is where one of the fronts for individual sovereignty is being played out. I do consider our self determination is under threat with the ongoing drive of convergence under a centralised power system. So far the different factions with the UN have helped keep this threat from dominating, but it is still present and could very likely take the opportunity if it is presented. For an official declaration of type 1 then we do need to accept our multicultural diversity, only then could I see the rest of the galaxy accepting us as a civilisation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ubasti
Dear fellow humans,

First of all, excuse my language use – I am not a native English speaker as my country has little use of the language so my post is bound to be filled with errors – please, tolerate this as it is the message that counts and not the medium.

My post concerns Type 0 to Type I civilization transition (of the human race, of course)

Ubasti: please excuse if off topic, but would you mind telling the general location you come from (originally)?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Not at all, my current location is the Balkans, I also consider this to be my domicile area.

top topics

join