It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I posted this on the wrong thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-4-2011 by Ravebaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ok not to many sky noises as of late but I do think this pertains to something of the same level for those of us who hear that weird buzzing sound at a super high frequency. I have had it nonstop in my right ear for almost two weeks and now it shoots sideways through the left ear. That is the best way I can describe it.

Earlier tonight around midnight I had to have my roomie turn off the computer because that is where it came from, one sound or two higher. Enough to put me down to my knees holding my hands. Ok so maybe there was an electrical surge, I can accept that.

Then channel 11 in NY Queens area had an emergancy broadcast system check. As soon as it came on I was covering my ears because the pitch was so loud it jolted me to plug my ears and put my head down. Also not sure if this is important or not my insominia has doubled in issues and I can't keep anything down. This is not the flu or other. I am wondering if it is to the buzzing in my head.

Ok guys, take care. Catch you on the flip side.

Ainge

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I seem to think the noise could be artesian water moving around under the ground because of the king tides we have been having lately, because of the moon being a lot closer to the earth than normal.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by v6pot

v6pot I just have to ask about your theory. I had never heard of the artisian waters doing that. I have lived in Utah and Co so I am well aware of their springs. Just was wondering if I could get an explination on your statement. I would love to figure out how to stop the buzzing for even an hour.

I will do some research here on my end as well. Thanks.

Ainge

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I did not read the whole thread, too many pages by now. But if you are still compiling info from places where this strange rumbling sound has been heard....It must have been the first week of March, not sure of the date anymore. At around 11:30/12pm I heard this 'loud engine sound' that so many people have described. It was just 'hovering', never really faded away, for about 10 minutes. I live in VT.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
WORD HAS IT, VISITERS ARE HERE BETWEEN MARCH/APRIL/MAY.

Food-For-Thought.

So many people are talking about it, even here in the UK, just keep open-minded, we're already aware of the flashes and thundery sounds of jet engines, we too have it here and we live 8-10 miles from the nearest airport, so I'm with you all on this one. I'l know for a fact i'l get called a nut! for saying this, but check out the South Pacific Ocean, check out what Powers To Be are hiding from you lot. It's a BIGGGGGG base and their technology is 50 years ahead of all aviation that commercial flights have available to them.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Question to the OP, was it by any chance quite cold at night whilst on location filimng this event?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hearing it again right now in South Jersey. It started so loud, my heart went into my throat & everything on the shelves are rattling.....Clear sky, I see moon, stars, nothing overhead at the moment. i am in a wooded area with acreage, no close highways. started about 10:22 and still coming in but in smaller 'bursts'...This is the 2nd loudest I have heard. Anyone else near southern Jersey hearing it??...10:27 now, I think it has stopped?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oh, WOW, we've been having similar sounds over here in Dickson, Tennessee. =O Shoot, I wish we had a cam handy when we heard what we did.. more than once even. See, it'll come and go as if nearing our house and leaving over and over- like going in circles. It doesn't sound exactly like any plane I've ever heard, and I dont' see why or how one would/could swoop back toward and away so quickly.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Three

Okay..don't have any audio....actually, even if I did..I'd have no idea how to upload it. I know..there are instructional pages on here, which are of no help to me because I am not "Instruction" literate. Anyway...it took us a good while to realize what we were hearing and by then it was to late. I have to confess...for days now I've spent more time outside..listening, just listening...numerous planes, plenty of cars, trucks etc. But today, we were upstairs cleaning, both my daughters rooms were disaster areas and as a result had begun spilling over into my room..I'm awful at laundry. So, there we were happily talking between bedrooms, hanging up clothes, packing away winter clothes, going through clothes my 10 year old had grown out of ooh and ahhing over the cute little dresses her 3 year old sister will now fit into and my daughter looks up with an odd look and looks at me, "whats that?" I stop and look at her, thinking she is going to show me something and I said "whats what?" "that? don't you hear it?" I finally adjusted myself, turned off the tv and there was this noise...it was like this low pitch honing noise, is the only way I could describe it...not a horn? or a beep, but just this constant sound...not a ringing, and definitely not the tornado alarms (we know exactly what those sound like here) the best way to describe it would be the beginning of a tv alert for emergencies...but just one constant low tone with no pulses, or beeping. Obviously, not a rumbling nor car door slams, but I went outside...and really could not think where the noise would be coming from...it wasn't the whistling sound of a descending plane, it wasn't a car horn, it was just this constant tone, almost like when you get the clogged sound in your ears...but not ringing..just a constant low tone. My ears were not clogged and I'm assuming neither were my daughter's since we both heard it. Weird. I'm not saying it was or wasn't anything..but it definitely wasn't anything I could see, or figure out for the moment. And I can tell you..I hadn't heard it before.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ainge

It could be possible that because of the closeness of the moon over the last 2 months, the gravitational pull of the moon has created king tides and also pulling up the artesian water under the ground into caverns and sub terranial tunnels that water would not normally be present and the noise could be the water swishing and rumbling through these places.The moon will be a lot further away from the earth at the end of april and hopefully this may cause these noises to cease. Cheers

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
According to a story in the Windsor Star, there have been reports from the Windsor/Essex County area (across the river from Detroit, MI) of unexplained rumblings:

Ontario’s Environment Ministry is investigating reports of mysterious rumblings in parts of Windsor and Essex County. Read more: www.windsorstar.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by v6pot
reply to post by Ainge

It could be possible that because of the closeness of the moon over the last 2 months, the gravitational pull of the moon has created king tides and also pulling up the artesian water under the ground into caverns and sub terranial tunnels that water would not normally be present and the noise could be the water swishing and rumbling through these places.The moon will be a lot further away from the earth at the end of april and hopefully this may cause these noises to cease. Cheers

The sound has been coming from the sky not under the ground, although you got a interesting theory.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoneGrey
According to a story in the Windsor Star, there have been reports from the Windsor/Essex County area (across the river from Detroit, MI) of unexplained rumblings:

Ontario’s Environment Ministry is investigating reports of mysterious rumblings in parts of Windsor and Essex County. Read more: www.windsorstar.com...

This is just weird. I remember coming across this thread about two weeks ago and about 2 hours later I was in a parking lot of a store and this guy was just looking at the sky. He looked at me and said "Do you hear that? It sounds like a jet engine but I can't see any planes." I also heard the sound and saw no planes of any kind(it was a clear night too) The reason for quoting the above post is that I live just outside Detroit.

There are some great theories on what it could be but who really knows for sure? ya know....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

The sound has been coming from the sky not under the ground, although you got a interesting theory.

It's possible for the source to be difficult to discern. Last month, the region where I live was subjected to a sonic boom emanating from a jet scrambled out of Ohio to intercept a corporate jet that lost communication. The explosive sound was reported to have been heard as far away as 100 km (60 mi) from where I live -- that is, the effect was regional, not just local. A local radio station started taking calls live on-air from citizens (before the source was determined by authorities) and the vast majority felt and reported it as an earth tremor. I heard/felt the concussion from inside my home and would not have guessed that it originated in the sky.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
heres the article ,...I have heard it also & dont know what to make of it ,...in all my time here I've never
had such a noise i couldnt see an explanation for

We are getting it around here ,...Windsor Ontario ,..
hers a news report ..

From The Windsor Star

Ontario’s Environment Ministry is investigating reports of mysterious rumblings in parts of Windsor and Essex County.

Nine formal complaints have been registered to the local ministry office and there have been numerous telephone inquiries, officials say.

“I feel like I’m going mental,” said Sonya Skillings, a resident in the 3800 block of Poplar Avenue, just east of Windsor Regional Hospital’s Western Campus.

“It’s in the ground and it feels like there is a subway under the house. It happens at all different times — in the middle of the night, as well.”

The ministry has investigated underground blasting by at the Windsor Salt mine, but the company blasts only once a day Monday to Friday in mid-afternoon.

“We just want to know what the noise is,” said Skillings, a married mom to six-year-old and five-month-old boys. “It’s just weird that nobody knows. If it’s not the salt mines, then what is it?”

Ministry of Environment officers have asked homeowners to keep a log in order to help find the source of the rumbling.

The calls about the noise have come from nearly every corner in Windsor and the surrounding area, said Teri Gilbert, issues project co-ordinator for the local Environment Ministry office.

“We have received a number of complaints and it seems widespread,” she said. “Most are from west Windsor, but also Amherstburg, South Windsor and Lakeshore.

“In response we are working with a number of partners — the City of Windsor, federal government and Michigan state government — to determine the source. We have not been able to nail it down.”

The ministry’s goal is to eliminate any possibility the vibrations are being caused by an industrial source on either side of the border.

Mining activities by salt companies on either side of the border have been ruled out because “their operations are not coinciding with the times people are feeling these (vibrations),” Gilbert said.

Homeowners and any neighbours they can enlist will log the noises and vibrations for at least the next month, she said.

Another possibility could be overhead jets circling, landing and taking off from Detroit Metropolitan Airport, but Skillings believes that’s not the case.

“The vibrations definitely are more underground,” she said. “All I hear is the rumbling.”

Gilbert indicated federal aviation authorities may be contacted once the Environment Ministry can rule out all industrial sources.

“It’s a mystery,” she said. “There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it.”

edit on 8-4-2011 by codefox because: more info

edit on 8-4-2011 by codefox because: more info....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

my fantasy: they are leaving because of all the disturbances inside the earth.
next best natural guess..sun spots affecting the atmosphere..so if the earth is sort of resonating /vibrating
like a drum what could that mean? massive currents of air moving..if so would seem like aircraft would
be having lots of troubles right now.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I live in rural Nebraska away from airports, factories, manufacturing, mining etc. The closest USAF Base is far, far away and we know what their jets sound like when they go over. The closest body of water is the Missouri River which is fairly harmless and very quiet! No wind energy 'thingys' either! I was so glad to see this thread as my son and myself have experienced that noise on 4-5 occassions beginning in late Feb and lasting until mid March. The sound we hear is strikingly similar to the sound on the Florida audio. We are used to tornados here and know the sound. We heard the rumbling 'jet sound' around 11AM each time and it lasted about 20 minutes. The sky was perfectly blue without a cloud. I looked up and waited for the'jet' to pass over...and waited...and waited. Nothing. We haven't heard anything for several weeks now and I'm wondering if it's due to everyone 'talking' about it. One other thought is that I'm fairly certain that the X37 was up during this time. Could that have caused the noise or some other black ops project? Geez, why won't they just tell us. I get so sick of being kept in the dark. Peace Out!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Another Windsor Start article with a facebook link....

www.windsorstar.com...

WINDSOR -- Valerie Chedour says she worried she might be "going nuts" after hearing mysterious rumbling noises at her Woodslee home.

On Friday, she was relieved to learn she's not alone.

Dozens of Star readers phoned or emailed Friday following a story about strange vibrations in the area to say they too have experienced it.

The calls came from Windsor and Essex County as far away as Amherstburg and Colchester North.

"It's like a low-grade rumble," said Chedour who lives on Belle River Road. "At first, I thought it was trouble with my furnace. It's not. Then I wondered about heavy machinery, then it happened in the middle of the night. There is no pattern or rhythm to it.

"At least I know now I'm not going nuts and hearing things, that it's for real."

Theories on the cause among callers ranged from windmills, Zug Island industry, ships on the waterways, truck traffic and earthquakes.

"That noise has literally been driving me crazy," said Irene Sorrell who lives on California Avenue near Assumption high school. "It shook my house. I thought it was a kid in front of my house with a boom box and I look and there is nobody there.

"I wish the heck I knew what it was. It's like a bloody semi was in my yard."

Ontario's Ministry of Environment has begun an investigation to rule out possible industrial sources causing the mysterious vibrations.

It was launched earlier this week following nine formal complaints and several phone inquiries -largely from residents in west Windsor.

The local ministry office Friday encouraged residents to keep track of the rumblings or what they are hearing.

"We are taking the approach the more information we can obtain the better," said Teri Gilbert, issues project co-ordinator for the local Environment Ministry office. "It will help us to look at the concerns.

"Every possible scenario is speculation at this point."

The ministry prefers residents to log any vibrations or noise for the next two weeks and then pass on the information to local officials.

"But we will continue to respond to any call and concerns," she said. "People can give us a call with any possible impacts related to industrial operations."

West-end resident Gary Grosse has started a Facebook site to log times, dates and locations of the rumblings. The group name is The Windsor/ Essex County Hum.

"We wish to assist any govern-mental agency to get to the bottom of this most annoying and obtrusive mystery," he said.

Sylvia Hayek, a seismologist with Natural Resources Canada in Ottawa, said the last earthquake registered in Essex County occurred on Feb. 23 and measured 3.0. There was a 2.7 aftershock the next day.

The impact of those events would have been noticeable for only a few seconds causing small rumblings and possibly a sound like that of a passing train, she said.

"You are in a pretty quiet region, in general, for earthquakes," Hayek said.

"We have not recorded anything large in your area (the last couple of months). Certainly nothing persistent or in a bunch. That would have stuck out."

WHERE TO CALL

The Ministry of the Environment can be called during weekday business hours at 519-948-1464 or after-hours at 1-800-268-6060.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join