It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed with photos of murdered civilians

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
To all the people who think these sociopaths have done nothing wrong... I cant wait till they finish in Afghanistan and move back into your neighbourhoods... and you know.... maybe go on to take up a job near your workplace or your kids schools.

SOCIOPATHS? really? now are you talking about these particular soldiers or ALL soldiers in general?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Domestic citizens are not civilians? Or is it the fact that three times as many civilians are murdered here. Hm I thought murder was murder, and I am grabbing at straws?

Ummm yeah, you are comparing domestic crime (someone killing another person) to war crimes (state sanctioned invasion of a sovereign nation and the murder of thousands). I suppose you think murdering 3000 people in the 911 attacks was justified? That is a trick question by the way...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

hey pal you can't diffuse the situation either we both have our own opinions as humans beings are we not entitled to those

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Murder is murder its humorous how the only murder we care about is when we hear of monsters doing this stuff. THOSE FEW GUYS are monsters. Why not speak out against the murder here on civilians? That is on a much larger scale. You can't cherry coat murder. Yes I feel those 3000 people were murdered, yes by our govt. The govt isn't one man just like the military isn't one man. Many different sectors and people in them.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Please take the time to read my later posts.
Ive made it clear who I was referring to when I said "these sociopaths".

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Murder is murder its humorous how the only murder we care about is when we hear of monsters doing this stuff. THOSE FEW GUYS are monsters. Why not speak out against the murder here on civilians? That is on a much larger scale. You can't cherry coat murder. Yes I feel those 3000 people were murdered, yes by our govt. The govt isn't one man just like the military isn't one man. Many different sectors and people in them.

I may have misunderstood you. In effect, you are saying that, since domestic murder is prosecuted and justice is served then logically, large scale murder (war in Iraq and Afghanistan) should be prosecuted as well? If so then we agree.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by legalizeit

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by legalizeit

Originally posted by backinblack

Murder has been and always will be in every war. Disgusting and wrong, yes. I find it shocking how this is such a huge deal, civilians get murdered in cold blood everyday in every country.

I agree mate..
There's over 100.000 troops..
No one can expect there not to be a few rouges..
Yes it tarnishes the rest but it's far from unexpected..
Seems the military is doing what it should and prosecuting these scumbags..

Ya .. it's 'all good' and 'normal' until is someone else's kids and families that get killed ...
What would you guys do if this was your family that someone was torturing and killing ..? and that too .. right here in the good ol' USA ! ..

What would your position be if this was happening to your mang other people in your town and country ...? senseless killings .. what would you do if your wife was walking your kids to school one day .. and they get bombed by a remote controlled drone from above ..?
cowards sitting far away in a control center .. not even having the courage to fly the plane themselves .. use a joy stick to kill your family for no reason ... yup it's 'all good' .. until it's your turn..

War is war. it doesnt matter where it is, what started it, or what the outcome was PLANNED to be. war is war. its bad, its evil, and think any war can be won is stupid. both side suffer, because the people suffer. the soldiers suffer on both sides. There is nothing civil about being occupied, not in a time of war. the blood shed will be there. Its called war.

But now to these cowards you spoke of. You mean the soldiers operating the equipment right. the cowards on the joy stick right......well...they do their job I guess. but hell if you require an actual aircraft heck take your pick, they are just as leathal. doesnt matter. We have technology and we use it. The coward however is the guy sitting at home saying this and that about whats going on but has yet to do anything honorable in his/her country. Dont talk about it, be about it. Or are you a coward?

I can see you're one of those troll cowards who argues without any sense ...
Like I said ... people like YOU would not understand until it happens to YOU personally .. until then .. keep talking .. life will teach you a lesson about the value of life eventually ..

Pick up your weapon and follow me! And as far as coward goes.....ive been defending my country for 14 years now. Granted I havnt done anything along the lines of these guys, but I have done what needed to be done. I can be vouched for anyday of the week. Oh and sorry it took me so long to respond. I was busy prepareing to SP for mission, you know making sure my bro's understand everything and are mentally ready and geared up to make mission. You know I will give my life to ensure they get home to their families. and we will give our lives to protect you. We proove that every day. whether you think about us or not, whether you deserve it or not. Its an honor to do it. But hell I guess I WOULDNT UNDERSTAND. lol.....you called me a coward..hahahaha funny you are.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The Us is invading libya because they might kill civilians
(western backed alciaduh!)

thats why american wining on this thread about america hate is hilarious
welcome to wwlll (3)
and remember nuremburg

guess who gets it next?

your prezidents have signed the laws to let the UN do you.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I totally agree with you. Harper should bring back the troops but this is not going to happen soon since the Harper Govnment is going to held in contempt of parlement. What a friggin' joke. Hey, Harper, the Americans don't need any more Rim Jobs and Ditry Sanchez' bring back our troops.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

This is certainly unfortunate, but these things will happen in a war.

Take a look at the rules of engagement these soldiers are fighting under. Can't shoot unless fired upon in many cases - essentially the same rules of engagement that domestic police are under.

War is not police work. We should not have gone in to Afganistan in the first place, but to the extent that we did, we should have, from the start brought the full force of the military against the enemy, not this dog and pony operation which places soldiers at risk and hand cuffing them on a daily basis.

If the same rules of engagement were applied during WWII, half of Europe would be under German control and half of Asia in the hands of the Japanese.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is the problem with war. All of these people are trained killing machines that are in constant need of an adrenaline rush. What do they do when they need their rush when they come home? They blow up buildings and play snipers...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Soo, our Govt lobbied the UN to go into Libya to protect civilians?
I wonder if the soldiers they eventually send in, will be the same ones that posed
for the pic of the smiling soldier holding up a kids head, with a bullet hole in his back?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by projectvxn

Mate they make cameras that will fit in the end of your penis..

The big issue would be who's gonna watch all those screens??

I Would.... just pay a bunch of people to watch them, well depending on how much you paid me I would....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Didnt see the photo but it sounds like they think that they are "big game hunting" and posed with the kill for the camera,
Afghanistan is no safari..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'm just saying have you ever dealt with a murderer? They arent stable I worked 3 years in a prison in Pennsylvania. Alot of those guys dont feel pain...they feel it but it doesnt have an effect. Not to mention a TRAINED KILLER IS A TRAINED KILLER

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP

i am so sick of how sick this country,its people and its values are,its making me crazy,im so sick of how other people think they have the right to make others distopia for profit,as if they didnt have enough already,as if they werent set for life and their kids kids kids lives and beyond making their war racketeering profits in world war 2,what are they thinking,now they brainwash and desensitize our youth into savage blood thirsty attack dogs MKULTRA style,its pure evil,ive already opted out of this sick culture,except for the net im off the grid,no cell,no job,no address no sympathy for the devil, ITS SICK!!! ITS ALL A DESTROYED PARADISE!!!! WELCOME TO THE POST APOCOLYPSE!

I'm sick of non-grammer fools typing on their magical interweb machines. Periods and commas are not the same.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

This is certainly unfortunate, but these things will happen in a war.

Take a look at the rules of engagement these soldiers are fighting under. Can't shoot unless fired upon in many cases - essentially the same rules of engagement that domestic police are under.

"these things will happen in a war"'
... oh yeah thats right.... these things happen in a war. I guess we should just sweep it all under the carpet.

Also, a bunch of other things are also known to happen in wars... like killing off non-combatants in those types of camps. I guess we should we shrug it off as well. I mean why pick and choose what war crime need to be a cause for outrage?

Also, I'll buy the argument that only a "few" American soldiers were guilty of doing these deeds.

But would anyone accept that not only a fraction of the military personnel from that European country, during that war were pure evil....and that the rest were just regular soldiers taking orders from their higher ups... you know... with their sense of patriotism and service to the country as sound as an American soldiers?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join