It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

It seems that alot of the posters here are asking the question why hasen't Jesus already returned, some have told us that he is not willing that any should perish,but that all should come to repentance,which is one reason, but just like when he came the first time , where scriptures say that he came in the fullnes of time,which to me indicates a set time, so therefore he will come again at a set time.

I also find it quite ironic that many who say if there is a God why dosen't he intervene? most of these people are the same ones who say,I don't want to hear about God,I want to do as I please,which is pretty much saying I don't want God interferring with me, unless of course he could help me out my tight spot.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2

It seems that alot of the posters here are asking the question why hasen't Jesus already returned, some have told us that he is not willing that any should perish,but that all should come to repentance,which is one reason, but just like when he came the first time , where scriptures say that he came in the fullnes of time,which to me indicates a set time, so therefore he will come again at a set time.

I also find it quite ironic that many who say if there is a God why dosen't he intervene? most of these people are the same ones who say,I don't want to hear about God,I want to do as I please,which is pretty much saying I don't want God interferring with me, unless of course he could help me out my tight spot.

And what is supposed to be the difference in man, who is always born of sin according to scripture, in the future?

Your reply was just a cop out anyway because if God wanted us all saved, then none in the past or future would be lost and if Gods narrow path is always narrow and the wide path is what most of us will take is true, then more will always be lost than saved.

Logic always kills dogma.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

Originally posted by Greatest I am

On the basis that it is better to grant life than death.

I asked on what basis can you claim it's immoral. So from this answer this basis is just your personal opinion? Or do you think there is an objective standard that life is precious?

I am saying that it is immoral for a God to kill when it is just as easy for him to cure those he thinks defective.
Especially if he, as Bible god does, professes to love the one's he is killing. Murdering, if like me, you do not see how small children and babies could deserve to have their lives ended.

The problem with this reasoning is God could have an adequate and sufficient reason that is beyond you ability to comprehend. After all he is God, he created life and the entire universe. He is necessarily aware of more than you can imagine. It is arrogant in the extreme that you would presume to have enough knowledge to pass such a judgment. You are in no position to make that call.

If I am not in a position to judge him evil, how is it that you are in a position to judge him good?
Nice fair play when you can judge and I cannot.
If that is your idea of fair play then I win any discussion on morality.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

God created the entire universe and everything in it. Who are you to think you could POSSIBLY know the mind of God?

My heart goes out to you.

B W wrote that my friend. It is not your heart he needs. It is a better mind.
One that does not believe in fantasy, miracles and magic.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by infojunkie2

And what is supposed to be the difference in man, who is always born of sin according to scripture, in the future?

Your reply was just a cop out anyway because if God wanted us all saved, then none in the past or future would be lost and if Gods narrow path is always narrow and the wide path is what most of us will take is true, then more will always be lost than saved.

Logic always kills dogma.

Regards
DL

I don't know how my reply was a cop out, saying that it is God's desire that all should come to repentance does not mean that God is going to force you to be saved, or that all will be,you must make the choice on your own,
I mean most parents want their children to make something of themselves as well,but that does not mean that the parent will or can make it happen,they can only give guidance and support,therefore you are showing that your logic that you rely so heavily upon is flawed.

Something tells me that you are not completly convinced of your own convictions or lack there of, and nothing that anyone say's to you will be able to clear this up for you .You choose your own destiny,good luck with your logic btw

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
IMO I believe that although a real man, Jesus was NOT devine - he was'nt/is'nt one and the same as God as Christians are indoctrinated to believe. So for ME that means that as Jesus was'nt devine he died as you and I will and will not be coming back ( well, maybe in another incarnation as someone else? ) The best we can hope for is to find the Christ spirit within ourselves ( for want of a better analogy ) and to live our lives the right way and when that happens guess what? There could be over 6 billion Christs here on Earth. Peace.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TattooedWarrior
IMO I believe that although a real man, Jesus was NOT devine - he was'nt/is'nt one and the same as God as Christians are indoctrinated to believe. So for ME that means that as Jesus was'nt devine he died as you and I will and will not be coming back ( well, maybe in another incarnation as someone else? ) The best we can hope for is to find the Christ spirit within ourselves ( for want of a better analogy ) and to live our lives the right way and when that happens guess what? There could be over 6 billion Christs here on Earth. Peace.

A rather Gnostic view and one I share. It is all up to man. Even as my beliefs, thanks to my apotheosis, says that there is a cosmic consciousness were we all end up. No supernatural B S. All is natural in this reality.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join