It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about the intermingling of cultures, and the global community.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My apologies for buggering up the ideas i was trying to convey. This should never have been about a "one world government" and more about how the global community and the merging of disparate cultures and it's potential impact on the future.

We started out with tribal villages, and the villages fought each other. Then there were city states, and the city states fought each other. Then there were countries and the countries fought each other. Now we are beginning to form country blocks. The EU has pretty much ended the chance of the European nations fighting each other. Arab countries are beginning to come together like never before. The same goes for South America, and to a lesser degree Africa.

This is not an easy process, but it's one that we should all be working for. The bringing together of disparate cultures has led to scientific advances and artistic advances unlike we could have imagined even 20 years ago. The beauty created by working together is unprecedented. Music, architecture, film, have all benefited from the cooperation of different cultures.

I've noticed that the influx of people moving to the UK (while it has caused some clashes, which is to be expected) has created and explosion of creativity in British music. The stuff coming out of that tiny little island right now is fantastic, and is influencing the entire musical world.

Now. On a more personal note. Mixed races. Wow, do they ever have beautiful children. Just look at how many of the "most beautiful" lists are full of mixed race people. So we are definitely sexier together.

For the UFO people, myself included. Do you really think that they would want to make contact with a people that can't speak as one. I wouldn't if I were them. We still have a lot of growing to do, and that involves putting aside past transgressions, and looking towards the future with one voice. We are getting closer to it everyday.

I feel that the majority of people on the planet want nothing more than to live in peace, to learn from one another. I'm sure that we will reach there eventually but we have to stop fearing our differences and start embracing them. Vive la différence, as the french would say.

Togetherness is so beautiful. It may not come easily and it will end up costing lives (an unfortunate truth to be sure) but when we reach that lofty goal we will all be the better for it, and perhaps then we can move from a global community to a galactic community, and begin sharing culture with other beings among the stars.

I for one would love to hear music composed by other species. And you never know, maybe some of songs and art are already massive hits spanning the cosmos. Maybe the reason we see so many UFO's and such is that the rest of the universe respects our culture and creativity. Maybe they need us. Hell, most of the UFO's I've seen pictures of aren't much more than simple geometric shapes.

We have much to offer each other, and the galaxy around us, and... I think I've gone off topic in my own bloody post, so I think I'll just end it here. LOL.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Chindogu because: Big edit. This should have been more about how the global commuinty has affected our culture.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
We dont need a one world government, but a global union would be ideal, in my opinion. .

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i think that yes it is a bad idea....

if you dont like how a government works, you can move to another country... with a single government you have no choise.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
the dreaded double post and my first at that !!!!

sorry all
edit on 19-3-2011 by tokzik because: double post

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"is one world government a bad idea??"

in my opinion yes it is

eta: actually it is probably a must if we are to advance as a spicies and progress to the outer space, BUT and its a big BUT only if we have right leader in power...
edit on 19/3/11 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In the long term there are some major benefits. However, the transition process no matter what has to be an ugly affair. You are essentially taking power away from long developed structures.

Think of Alexander's conquests. Any large empire needs a lot of blood on their hands to build it. Although today the war is fought more with lawyers, it is still a war nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The thing about asking that here is you're going to get a lot of answers to that question as a strong no because the current situation, as it looks, would be under tyranny rather then of a peaceful one world government. I can't say fully what the one coming up is, if it is good or bad yet as people's fear turns it into what it's not and personifies the evil by mass amounts. Maybe not a One World 'guberment' though because in this day, it implies control. It's no longer in check, the word is now tainted. Once Earth gets to the point of having a one world Council, then I'd say yes we were ready.

But having one of tyranny is bad. Yes we can learn a lot from it but it's not meant as a permanent solution.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It all depends on who is running it and what their agenda is now doesn't it?
edit on 19-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
In theory I think a one world government could be a very good thing.

The fact that it would never work in the favor of the people, but instead be exploited by the power hungry to screw even a larger portion of the world over, makes me absolutely hate the idea.

Just like I feel a dictatorship is the most efficient form of government, but there isn't a man/woman alive today that actually has the moral fortitude to be in that position.

Just too much of a chance for things to go wrong, and the wrong people to get into power. Look at the US, even with our "checks and balances" we still aren't protected from the wealthy elite bastards that run the country.
edit on 19-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The obligatory, "Is A One World Government Really That Bad of An Idea?" thread...
Has it even been a week since the last one? Nope, only 5 days.

What is so evil about the idea of a One World Government?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A one world government would be a bad idea because if we can't find an obvious enemy we will make one up. Industrial military complex needs war and hate to make money. The Freddies (world federation/world alliance/NWO) would find someone or some part of the world / universe to hate and launch a pacification action. They would need more money and bigger weapons to counter unknown threat. As long as something like money exist someone will try to take it all.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

There we go. I like that, "a global union"

That's more what I meant. I would like to say the UN is like that but honestly it's much more the the useless League of Nations. I guess what we need first is leaders that are capable of reasonable discourse, and are willing to keep their fiances open for public viewing. Also we need the ablility to punish those that are shown to be working against the good of their electorate.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
A one world government would be a bad idea because if we can't find an obvious enemy we will make one up. Industrial military complex needs war and hate to make money. The Freddies (world federation/world alliance/NWO) would find someone or some part of the world / universe to hate and launch a pacification action. They would need more money and bigger weapons to counter unknown threat. As long as something like money exist someone will try to take it all.

The first steps is the slow disassembling of the military industrial complex. I wasn't advocating the immediate implementation of a world government by any means. That would be disastrous. Unless Assange, is right and the invasion has already begun. Perhaps they are sick of waiting for us to grow up and are forcing the issue. I guess we'll find out.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
The obligatory, "Is A One World Government Really That Bad of An Idea?" thread...

geez spud, u beat me to it.
I was gonna say the same thing.
we do have about one of these
each week. And some of the same
talking points get repeated in
most of them. It's getting old.
The NWO will NEVER be accepted
by the mass populace for so
many reasons I do not have time
nor space to list them all. Thus why
should I, just look at last week's thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
A one world government would be a bad idea because if we can't find an obvious enemy we will make one up.

according to Von Braun and Carol Rosin,
they already have one in mind.

ET will be the next world enemy,
thus the need for space weapons.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Sorry about that. Perhaps my headline was misleading. I was more interested in what people think about how the coming together of people of different cultures, have influenced our art, and science. If people think it's been for the betterment of society or not. Still new to ATS. I'll try to be more concise in the future. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
In theory I think a one world government could be a very good thing.

The fact that it would never work in the favor of the people, but instead be exploited by the power hungry to screw even a larger portion of the world over, makes me absolutely hate the idea.

Just like I feel a dictatorship is the most efficient form of government, but there isn't a man/woman alive today that actually has the moral fortitude to be in that position.

Just too much of a chance for things to go wrong, and the wrong people to get into power. Look at the US, even with our "checks and balances" we still aren't protected from the wealthy elite bastards that run the country.
edit on 19-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

I agree with most of what you have to say here for sure, except for your statement that there isn't a person alive that has the moral fortitude for that position. I think it's more likely that the people that have the morals to do it don't want to get into the sandbox with the elite bastards that are playing in it already. I sometimes think we would do better to randomly grab a person off the street and say "ok, your the leader of the country for the next 4 years". lol

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by cluckerspud

geez spud, u beat me to it.
I was gonna say the same thing.
we do have about one of these
each week. And some of the same
talking points get repeated in
most of them. It's getting old.
The NWO will NEVER be accepted
by the mass populace for so
many reasons I do not have time
nor space to list them all. Thus why
should I, just look at last week's thread.

I think a one world government is neccesary in this age. I just don't want it to be run by the people that are in charge now.

As for slamming on the repeat topic, what would you search for if you wanted to start this topic. No matter how you put it your search would come up with hundreds of pages of threads. I don't really expect anyone to have to sort through that to give your eyeballs a break. I do think ATs should have the date the thread started on the recent post page which would help people sort out these similar threads in their minds.,

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I hope my changes have made my post more in step with what I have been trying to convey. I would love for you to pop back to my post read through it and tell me what you think.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
A one world government could be great, the problem is, is that the one world government that we are headed towards is ran by greed. I personal feel like, until we illuminate greed, even though it is hard wired into us, we will fail to have that good version of a one world government. Also, its very difficult if your american and not rich to just move to a country because you don't like this one. As for the mixed people being the most beautiful, I totally agree, thats why i married someone of that background..lol

top topics

join