It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy children's cartoon banned from TV.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is a very disturbing cartoon to say the least..It appears to be tackling issues on life and death..It even go's so far as to say Human life is pointless.. Very eerie symbolism..I found this VERY haunting. I would love to hear some other views on this..

The creator was obviously Brilliantly disturbed..I just can't figure out why someone would feel compelled to give such a message to a child..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by TechVampyre

I can't see the video using the mobil site. What's the name of it so I can look it up?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
adventures of Tom Sawyer or something its called.

Posted here several times.

But your feelings are correct. This is what we were indoctrinated with when we where young.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
lol this isnt a childrens cartoon its robot chicken the whole show is disturbing this is really nothing compared to other stuff on there (its and adult cartoon)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
lol this isnt a childrens cartoon its robot chicken the whole show is disturbing this is really nothing compared to other stuff on there (its and adult cartoon)

This is not robot chicken.. I don't see how you got that?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
Reply to post by TechVampyre

I can't see the video using the mobil site. What's the name of it so I can look it up?

It is titled Mark Twain's mysterious stranger..
edit on 18-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Can anybody find a credible source that states this video is actually banned?

Uncle Bob Martin: 13 Books That Stuck to the Roof of My Mind

3. The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain. Twain was the other great subversive influence commonly taught in schools, though certain of his works, especially this one, wouldn't be found on school shelves. Because it was public domain, excerpts from the various versions of Twain's final work -- not published during his lifetime, so never published in any "authorized" version -- would frequently turn up in the many "100 Classics of Science Fiction" or "100 Tales of the Incredible" volumes that were a paperback staple before corporate America arranged with Congress to gut the Public Domain. What struck me, a young Catholic boy, is obvious in this concluding passage from one of the several versions:

"'It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream - a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought - a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!'

He vanished, and left me appalled; for I knew, and realized, that all he had said was true."

Will Vinton, the animator known for the California Raisins, the Domino's Pizza Noid, and many animated M&Ms ads, produced and directed The Adventures of Mark Twain, which included a mind-blowing adaptation of this work.

edit on 3/18/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: Additional material.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
part 5

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

This is a classic clip...notice Mark Twain not giving a damn as the children run along with satan...oO

As for the message that's being conveyed...little creepy how it's conveyed,
but true nonetheless...*shrugs*

edit on 18-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee

That was not Robot Chicken.

It was pretty awesome though. Seems like one of those strange episodes of a show you would always hope to see in repeats cause it freaked you out

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've actually seen 3 episodes of this animation. Each are just as disturbing from an empathic point of view. The premise of the show is to explain that this reality is but a dream and true reality is in the non physical. Mark Twain was a practitioner of the Law of Attraction and believed in our role as creators. The premise for the show IMO is to show that we must take responsibility for our creations however, I do not believe this show should be geared toward children as their understandings are not refined enough to understand the lessons thus a distorted view and respect for physical life.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As I said before I can't actually see the videos right now but it sounds like it's based on Mark Twain's unfinished book The Mysterious Stranger. If so then controversy is par for the course when it comes to Mark Twain.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah isn't this just based on Twain's works?

So unless Mark Twain was an illuminati I don't see what's so odd about this. It is definitely very creepy though!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Very creepy indeed.

This Gumby style "cartoon" reeks of Christian fundalmentalism.

Demented..........

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by TechVampyre

This is a classic clip...notice Mark Twain not giving a damn as the children run along with satan...oO

As for the message that's being conveyed...little creepy how it's conveyed,
but true nonetheless...*shrugs*

edit on 18-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

I agree..I was more or less shocked that it was aimed at children..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

WOW! I thought this was the only part to this! I'm going to watch the rest! i'm sure it is all equally disturbing..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkibee

haha noo noo not robot chicken...... Mark Twain's mysterious stranger....... although robot chicken is pretty good this just aint it ........LOL ....LMFAO ....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkibee

No it isn't robot chicken. It was a full length claymation movie. The Adventures of Mark Twain.

Here are some other parts. I think there is a part about Adam and Eve as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by James1982

It's okay when it's in a books because nobody reads.

Once it's on TV people freak out because their little couch world is being invaded.

I can't see this on mobile but am I right that this is that like 30 year old Twain claymation thing that was never intended for kids anyway?

The whole thing is a stupid non-issue. You don't want to watch it don't. Don't want your kids watching it then be a parent.

I saw it as a kid. Watched it a few times I think. I thought it was very fun and pretty insightful.

But then I also read as a kid so these concepts weren't shocking new or extreme.

When did people lose touch with the abstract? For all of our access to art, literature and global experiences we seem more rigid, literal and cold now than we were when I was growing up.

I wonder if Pee Wee's Playhouse woukd be permitted on television today?

Each generation gets dumber and dumber.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Yeah isn't this just based on Twain's works?

So unless Mark Twain was an illuminati I don't see what's so odd about this. It is definitely very creepy though!

I never said it was odd..I pointed out the fact that it was Very disturbing..I can only imagine a child's reaction to it..Nothing short of being traumatized i'm sure..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join