It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Basic Facts - Research Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm trying to piece together some of the basic facts, as we know lies and disinformation are often broken by the simplest of facts.

The start of this whole mess was the result of an earthquake and resulting tsunami.

Reactor 1 is the first to explode. Before the explosion, they were trying to pump water into the reactor. After the explosion, they seemed to quit this idea and just flooded it with sea water.

1.1) Where is the sea water being pumped into?

1.2) How?

1.3) Why was it not done prior to the explosion?

1.4) At any time (but specifically between explosion of reactor 1 and reactor 3), was there any mention of a cooling pool cooling issue related to reactor 1?

Given the points above, we move to reactor 3.

Again, the reactor is overheating. They fight to cool it. It explodes, then they flood it with sea water.

2.1) Where is the sea water being pumped into?

2.2) How?

2.3) Why was it not done prior to the explosion? This question is especially pertinent in light of reactor 1.

Later, there is talk of a fire at reactor 4. It was shut down at the time of the earthquake/tsunami. Talk then starts some time later of a problem with the cooling pool within the building of reactor 4. AS FAR AS I KNOW THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IT IS MENTIONED.

There is then talk of reactor 2 going unstable, and finally, exploding.

3.1) Was there any mention of a cooling pool in relation to reactor 2?

I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Even now, there are numerous reports talking about water being dropped by helicopter to COOL THE REACTOR. Whilst the MSM are quite capable of factually screwing up a report, they seem to only mention the cooling pool with respect to reactor 4. The others are referred to with reference to cooling the reactors.

It may be something it may be nothing, but my point for digging this point is this: if they are not mis-using the word "reactor" out of ignorance, sensationalism, or any other reason other than this is what is told by the authorities, is this the most obvious example that those reactors are indeed broken, and people are overlooking this?

At the time of writing, the Japanese have an exclusion zone of 30 km, the US is suggesting 80 km, and several countries are advising their people to leave the country (though when pressed why on this point by the MSM they say they are merely "suggesting it", not "demanding it").
edit on 17-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm not an expert in any way, but I've been following closely and here's my understanding of the first part:

1.1/2.1) Where is the sea water being pumped into?
I believe the sea water was being pumped into the core, where the rods are located. At least, that is my assumption since there was talk of the water "exposing" the rods, which just meant that it boiled and evaporated too quickly and the rods were no longer being cooled.

1.3/2.3) Why was it not done prior to the explosion?
I was led to believe that it was a last ditch effort, since the sea water would corrode the inside and cause the reactor to be too damage to use again. Basically they might have tried to salvage it before it got bad, realized the situation, and went with sea water.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
1.4 and 3.1: it seems there are only cooling pools in reactor buildings 3 and 4, and it is these on which they are dropping the water.

new topics

join