It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Rainbows May Predict Earthquakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

Well, from the Wikipedia entry that I referenced above photos were taken of the lights in Nagano, Japan from 1965-67. Like I said I can't seem to find them. Maybe another kind member can tease them out of the web. I guess the photos actually made geologists take notice of the phenomenon. For about 15 minutes or so

I am pretty sure that that is what we are looking at in the last video in the group above.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Hi Frater - your attitude alone deserves a star! Nice to meet someone willing to learn and change their opinion on matters in the light of new evidence

Whilst most of the images referred to so far in this thread are normal optical effects with no relevance to earthquakes, I too believe that earthquake lights (or just earth lights) do exist - though it seems they are fairly rare.

I'd not previously heard of this group, so can't comment on them, but their research looks interesting

www.earthlights.org...

Also worth noting the wikipedia entry on the subject

en.wikipedia.org...

And from this it's clear that geologists do take earthquake lights seriously:

www.nat-hazards-earth-syst-sci.net...

even if we don't yet know what they are

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thanks for that. I am really hungry for information on these matters right now. The best thing about starting this thread has been getting all of the links from folks. Thank you. I will dig in to it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join