It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"True Demonstration of Psychic Power" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hey all. Searched ATS but didn't find anything about this, sorry if I missed anything

Was browsing YouTube when I came across this video. It's an excerpt from the documentary film about Indonesia, "The Ring of Fire". I was made by Lawrence and Lorne Blair. I the excerpt, this dude Lawrence seems to have gotten an eye infection or something so he goes to a Taoist physician in Java, to get some acupuncture. But apparently theres a twist. He shoot electricity through the needles into the patient. He says he generates this by mixing Yin and Yang together. The guy seems to have a spazout when he's doing the electricity thing. Looks like when we used to electrocute ourselves in Physics when the teacher wasn't looking
. He also shocks two people, some dude standing in the corner and the skeptical camera woman.

He then proceeds to tell then he's done this from 18 years of meditating and does another demonstration. He asks for their paper and crumples it up. Then he waves his hand about a bit and, lo and behold, the crumpled up newspaper lights up on fire.

Can't make my mind up on whether this is real or not, certainly Lawrence and Lorne Blair seem to have a well respected reputation. If anyone could prove it either way to me and everyone else, that would be great thanks. Fell free to reply with views or whatever anyways

Edit: Ok by the looks of the first few replies it seems this has been on ATS before, sorry about that
Anywho, pretty cool for him, eh?
edit on 16-3-2011 by ParaZep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's Qi energy - it's very real. I've shown this video to many people - this is not the only example to be found.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think the story of this guy was posted the other day. I believe him to be the real deal. He also was repremanded after that interview by his "teacher" who is long been dead. He got into trouble because he drew blood on an innocent witness when he pushed the chopstick through the table.

We all have the ability to do this. It just takes alot and I mean ALOT of meditation and practice.

Also, I don't believe this to be psychic power, but more of a physical phenomenon, as it was captured by scientific instruments.

Interesting story none the less.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This guy is pretty cool... hes made his rounds here on ats... ive never looked to debunk him so... i think hes legit...I've seen him filmed through FLIR and he can generate some heat from his hands it seems at will... He's cool in my book.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is merely a natural phenomenon. Human bodies produce electricity and some can even withstand certain amounts in order to channel it. There's another man like him who can channel electricity from any source through his body and scorch flammable materials with his fingers. There's nothing magical about it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just don't understand how he is not more famous

Why are there not anymore investigations on this? This is truly amazing whether it is legitimate or not. And if it is, it really shows how we have a hidden past and it's very sad that we have forgotten it.
edit on 3/16/2011 by LiquidNova because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Can you define what is 'magical' then?
I thought it was the manifestation of one's will. Or does he have to say an incantation for it to be legit?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Saw a street magician in Las Vegas walk 30 feet in the air between two building via levitation . The magician , the Amazing Randi has had a 1 million dollar reward for the last 20 years payable to anyone who can demonstrate any psychic or paranormal ability but i guess that nobody needs 1 million dollars because there have been no takers . Saw another magician light the candles on a birthday cake with fire from the end of his finger . All bs , but good magic and worth the price of admission .

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's all tricks, the lighting paper on fire is a well known indian street trick, surely someone with magical powers wouldn't need to resort to such measures...puts in to question all his other little stunts.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
It's Qi energy - it's very real. I've shown this video to many people - this is not the only example to be found.

SO your saying that if someone focused the energy for, lets say 50 years, then eventually would force out a KaMehameha wave?

JK, i know that cant happen

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Any phenomena that manifests itself in our physical realm, whether perceived as magic/psychic/miraculous, is a physical occurrence, just that it may not be explained by our current understanding of the physical universe.

This guys extraordinary powers are a form of psychokinesis, using the mind to control the physical realm. This may not seem so extraordinary when you consider that we do this with our own minds constantly in the way that our mind controls the body. This guy is obviously well aware of this and has finely tuned his capabilities.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It is funny how many times this guy has come up on ATS. I have replied to many of them but here we go again.

I live in Bali with Lawrence Blair and a few others involved in shooting this documentary. The words out of their mouths are " the jury is still out on this guy" simply because when they were producing the documentary they found evidence of fine wires/hairs attached to the dagger the guy was spinning with his hand waving above it. It would have been better for us if he had disclosed this in the documentary but i guess that's TV.

They couldn't find any other discrepancies in the video but if he's faking the kris spinning then it doesn't look too promising for the other stuff.

Obviously I can't give any contact details for Lawrence but if anybody wants to PM me for more info then I will be happy to reply.

I would have loved this guy to be genuine but I personally doubt now that he is.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I believe this kind of stuff. Myself i started a bit of meditation called ( awakening of the kundalini cobra) the kind of meditation you close your eyes, cross your legs and hands, etc. If you pay a certain ammount of interest into it and practice, practice and keep on practicing you can feel the energy. I am no expert and I still am far from reaching the level of power this guy has but still I can assure you the energy is there I can feel it.

The best description of this I could describe it as something electric. I can't give any mathematic formulas but it has something to do with the brain potential of producing electricity at will. It's on a basis where a day you become able to control it and do amazing stuff as this guy does.

As one of my psychologist said one day : brain is such a beautiful thing yet so unknown!

top topics

join