It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We now have a forum dedicated to the crisis in Japan.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You guys aren't paying attention.
Look above a few posts by the MOD

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
People!!!!

This thread is just to discuss the new FORUM!!!

NOT for Japan updates

Use the threads you have been using for that

Semper

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
you're right Skeptic, it's extremely sad that we need a forum to discuss this - but it's a good idea all the same as it was getting so confusing the FE forum. Hopefully it won't be a busy forum for much longer!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I had no intention of going off topic or derailing the thread. I'm aware of the critical situation is Japan as well as many here at ATS.

I'm just a little frustrated. Not trying to cause any friction.

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If you took time to read, you would understand the reason why your post was removed.
This THREAD is not for discussing any Japan issues.
It was made to make aware, ATS members of this new FORUM

In a nut shell. You are posting issues of Japan in the thread not made for discussion of Japan issues.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

I'm aware of it now. I'll be in the forums discussing. I'm glad to see this forum. It's been a little hairy around ATS last several days.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The Broader View

Hopefully nobody will take it the wrong way, but as mentioned previously, the whole point of this thread is that we now have an entire forum for news related to the disasters in Japan.

It's understandable that with all the crazy things going on, members may want to post news here, but it would be much better to post to other threads or create new ones as appropriate.

Don't worry, we're not out to hassle anyone, just trying our best to maintain a little (in)sanity.

Edit: Sorry Intel, not singling you out, just sayin'

edit on 3/16/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
thank you Bill

star & flag

a much needed addition

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Oh so new thread with no link, linking here to discuss new thread.

Got it..

Oo

edit on 16/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Just an observation...

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the "setting sun" icon for this sub-forum quite sad and depressing? Not that I'm saying it needs to be changed, but on some psychological level it does seem to bring it home a bit, if you catch my drift.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Why would you be sad? Does it matter what post's are in what forum topic? I thought the rating system for peoples threads and post's is what land's it on the front page. Ack, Now i'm just confused.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I think this thread is just to let everyone know why this new forum is here.
Not to discuss Japan issues.

This topic will serve as a good reason it was made to begin with. Along with making people look stupid

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Is the recent earthquake thread thats about 270+ pages also moved here ? I could not find it.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Great subject for a new forum.

We live in monumental times...

edit on 16-3-2011 by Regenmacher because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lozzo

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the "setting sun" icon for this sub-forum quite sad and depressing?

It could just as easily be seen as a rising sun, which is the national symbol of Japan.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
As far as all the ramifications that this disaster will have in the near future, I think a forum dedicated to this subject was needed in much the same way as 9/11

Good call

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
That we need an new forum to discuss events about one of our best friends is by far the most disheartening thing I have ever read on ATS.

I am hopeful it is not required for very long, and look forward to the day it is no longer needed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b922869944b4.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Thank you for the new forum.. Along with for being the first to bring me news of the earthquakes in japan .. (No newspaper out where I live and dont own a television) .. The new forum will make it easier to keep up with events as am making my way downriver to return to japan.. No word yet on relatives and friends there .. Can only hope they are well at present..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Great, thanks SO.

Does this double as a HAARP forum?

(just joking) ... forum added to favourites.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join