It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yeah I guess your suppose to let someone beat the crap out of you and take it.

link   
reply to post by darrylss

Defending yourself against an attacker is definitely right... It is a natural right we all have, I am sorry you have been fooled into thinking otherwise. That is really sad.

link   

Originally posted by Gnarly
Why would you have to defend yourself from someone that isn't harmful? I mean, look at the kid. Probably weighs 50 pounds, while the big kid probably is going to 200.

Forget the fact that the kid was playing rough, the big kid DID hurt the little one, much more so than some scrawny thrown punches. He got his knee dislocated. That is pretty serious. He's lucky he didn't break anything.

The big kid could've just scared him, but no. He went to a level lower than the little kid.

So both kids are at wrong here, equally. There was no need to bully the big kid, there was no need to slam the little kid in the ground.

Sorry, both kids are not wrong here. Big kid's reaction was just that, a reaction. Little kids action was premeditated and meant to harrass and BULLY. If I were poking a bear with a stick the bear would not be wrong for ripping my head off.

And for you elite bastards who think big kid should have had more restraint than he did? I hear the white house is looking for interns

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Judging from the still shot before I hit play on the video, I also assumed the larger one was gonna be the bully. That is how it usually was, smaller getting picked on unless they were known as martial artists lol. Oh I just thought of something. The larger kids where I grew up, they weren't large because they were fat. They were large as in built from doing farm type work lol. I bet that has something to do with it.
edit on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:34:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My eldest has had to endure much of the same kind of bullying, i call him my gentle giant.. at the commencement of grade 8 (first year highschool) he was head and shoulders above most of the other children.. nearing 6ft tall, yet he is so quiet, he never does anything to stand out further than he already does.
He was being punched daily, for perhaps 3 mths until i spotted the bruises on his upper arm.. He told me how another child, known as a bully in primary school, had been giving my son 'dead arm' punches as they passed by each other on their way to class. The bully was part of a large group and the subsequent laughter would embarrass my son so much that he would just walk off without retaliation...not that i condone retaliating.... but.. looking at those nasty bruises i got so mad, and encouraged my son to react the next time the punch happend..so.. when little man landed a punch on my son, he wheeled around and pulled back his arm as if to return the favour, little man flinched so dramatically that ALL his clique laughed at him not my son.... since that day there has been no more bullying!..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
That is pathetic that he was suspended, the other kid should be. He punched him right in the face than continued and the boy clearly didnt want to fight. Also the boy who hit him was with more boys which musty have been very intimidating knowing that a group could be about to jump on you. Luckily he managed to scare of the others by that insane throw! Clearly I think the lad didnt know his own strength as he seems pretty suprised himself.

If everyone stood up to bullies like this then I can assure you bullies couldn't exist. They are cowards who prey on people who in some way are weaker than they are. I hope that kid who got slammed down remembers that before thinking about doing it again. That first punch is hard, right in the face of someone who isnt trying to fight or even defend themselves,

If that little kid was my son I would be ashamed and he would be punished even more than he was by the other kid. Kids like the little one there who are not disciplined correctly will turn into muggers or other violent criminals and will stay bullies all their lives and adult bullies are even worse as they should know better, even that kid should.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wow...I don't see how we can possibly know what this was all about by what i saw and what i read.

there has to be a lot of back ground here we can't possibly know who did their part why.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakenAwake

Im glad your son found a way to end this bullying. It makes me mad when bigger kids are ignored as victims just because people assume they can look after themslevs. My brother was bullied at school and was so worried about it that I didnt even know about it despite being at the same shcool a year above him. They would leave him alone when we were together, but alone he was picked on badly. He was on all the sports teams, popular with all the girls, but older kids singled him out because they new he wouldn't fight back and I always felt awful that I didn't know until he decided he couldn't go to school, by this time no matter what he wouldn't go back so we had to change schools. He ended up having panic attacks even years later when he got worried about small things and took a lot for him to be normal again. At out new school he was the most liked person in his whole year and the most accomplished sportsman all round by far.

This stemmed from one problem though and that was he was too scared. Too scared to fight back or even tell me his older brother (me and my friends in the year above him were all keen kickboxers as well) he was so scared that they would get him on his own still tho. It isnt his fault, we had no dad growing up and my mum was very anti-violent, but I loved martial arts and boxing. My brother not being even the least bit keen to defend himself or even play fight with me (apart from very uncompetatively) ended up having to face that everyday. Even just verbal bullying can have terrible lasting psycological effects and there was a big problem at this school with it and I remember kids being chased by massive groups of people. I always wonder what happened to some of the most severly bulliedones and I wouldnt be suprised if they couldn't take living like that,

I dont believe retaliation is a bad thing and I will train my kids in martial arts when I have them, but also to teach them respect and honour for themselves and others. I would like to think they would stand up for other as well as themselves. Schools seem powerless to help bullied kids in really bad neighbourhoods in particular. In a school 2 miles down the road from this one a new head master took over and made all the pupils wear blazers, what would that do ey? Well after this bullying and violence fell by something like 70%, im sure it had to do with the new heads other policies too but he was adement that this small change was responsible largely for it as the pupils felt that they shouldnt miss behave when dressed so smart. Its crazy but aparently it worked, child psycology I guess. Schools really need to get a grip though as its serious and bullying ruins lives for the bully even as well as they grow up getting away with this behavour which in the real world will get you nowhere.

Rant over sorry!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That video just made my day. Casey was clearly the victim of bullying. Outnumbered by that group of punks taunting him, hoping to capture his humiliation on video to brag about later.

I felt so bad for Casey, just standing there and taking it when the kid grabbed him and punched him right in the face. No one stepped up to help him, and I would venture to guess that this was not the first time he had been harassed by this group.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course, but I think his response was entirely justified. Just taking it and walking away would have only led to further abuse, and no one should have to put up with that. Epic display of karma, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That video was great, and disturbing at the same time.

That little punk is lucky he is alive, Casey looked like he was twice his size, I read a couple of pages, and I'm with the majority in this thread, The Bully and his friends instigated this whole thing, it was pre-meditated, they should all get expelled and criminal charges filed on them.

I remember a kid in my middle school did something like this,

There was this kid who was picking on a much larger one, I think the smaller kid threw some food or something, from the storys that I heard, the big kid never bothered anybody, and was a nice kid, well, he had enough that day, with one punch, he threw the bully up onto the lunch table, and lights out.

I don't remember what happened to either kid, I'm sure they both got suspended.

I was also bullied in and out of school, when I got a little older, we started this thing in the hood, we used to have wrestling matches, the older kids quickly found out that I could beat them.

They didn't like that very much, so we quit playing the game, I never got bullied after that.

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The whole video really shows the fat kids restaint. The bully had it coming and I bet he will never mess around outside his weight class again.

The fat kid should demand the skinny kids lunch money for the foreseeable future! The restaint and the fact that he did only what was nessasary to stop the attack speaks load about this kid. If only the world would follow your model kid!

Your father should be very proud! I would be! It is times like these that show what a man is made of, and you got all the right stuff!
edit on 15-3-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

While I am kinda doubting a 70% drop in bullying... One of the biggest reasons a kid gets picked on is for what clothes they wear. If they all wear the same thing, that kind of eliminates a good chunk.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnarly
Why would you have to defend yourself from someone that isn't harmful? I mean, look at the kid. Probably weighs 50 pounds, while the big kid probably is going to 200.

Forget the fact that the kid was playing rough, the big kid DID hurt the little one, much more so than some scrawny thrown punches. He got his knee dislocated. That is pretty serious. He's lucky he didn't break anything.

The big kid could've just scared him, but no. He went to a level lower than the little kid.

So both kids are at wrong here, equally. There was no need to bully the big kid, there was no need to slam the little kid in the ground.

you could not be more wrong. I really don't know if explaining it will do any good. Boo hiss on that. The little douche deserved what he got - nothing more.

CJ

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
WAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Did you see how stuffed that scrouney kid was after he got body slammed!!!!!! BRILLIANT man!!!! I love it, actually I feed off of this "FIGHT" negativity stuff!!!! hehehe!!!!

But lemme get this straight, the small scrouney kid who threw the first punch is the bully?? and the fatty McGee kid is the one being bullied?? Wierd, it used to be the other way round back in my day, guess things have changed huh??

Was funny after the tiny kid threw his first punch and failed, did you see how he turned to look at the girls... kinda like as if he was worrying he was loosing their respect... ha ha ha!!!

But this was most probably not a typical Bully scenario, there was girls involved, just our built in evolutionary egotistical "I-BIG-CAVEMAN, SEE-ME-SMASH, YOU-LIKE-ME-NOW CAVE GIRL?" FAAAAAAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This kid deserves a statue. Some people just need to be slammed half way to china and be layth to waste in front of their peers. Hell, the way I see it Casey did the bully a favor by teaching him some humility early in life.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

Are you the parent of a bullied child? Are you?
Well i am and it gave me great satisfaction to see this evil little bastard get some of his own medicine!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
4 maybe 5 punches and the bigger kid finally defends himself...and he's getting sued? That little half pint deserved it. I wouldn't be surprised if the little kid's parent's were rich, that's the whole "clique" now a day's..How much $$ does mommy and daddy have.
This irritates me.. The bigger kid's parents should sue for assault since little boy's parents are suing.
Side note.... When did parent's get this involved with their kid's when it comes to play-yard fights? I remember my dad telling me to suck it up if i got my butt kicked..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I applaud this kid. Its too bad that schools have to cater to injustice for fear of a lawsuit. That shouldn't be the case to begin with but I guess not all of us can be rational and fair human beings. Down with the bullies!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't like bullies.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That was awesome. Little brat got exactly what he has needed. It's a shame that the kid who slammed him is gonna get into trouble over it, but it should change the little guys outlook on somethings...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join