It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iranian arms' bound for Taliban seized... By UK Special Forces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The foreign secretary has condemned Tehran's "completely unacceptable" behaviour after British Special Forces seized a shipment of suspected Iranian arms intended for the Taliban.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Ok is it just me or dose anyone else think British Special Forces need to take a break? This is just the stuff we know they are doing, what about the ongoing operations in Afghanistan the squadron on standby for Counterterrorism , the guys probably working in Libya or also on standby, they ones probably on build up training and all the other stuff they are probably up to but we just don’t get told about.

I wonder though it there were any Iranian’s on the boat, if force was used and what not. I am sure we will find out more details. We already knew that Iran was helping out the Taliban, I just wonder if UKSF have been fighting with the Iranians now as well.

I say good on them if they can keep it up.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
OK for the SF to destabilise Libya but extremely unacceptable for the iranis to support the Taliban.....
They are all busy screwing each other over.....It keeps the rabble from chasing the goverments down in the streets with a rope.
Human beings are dying on both sides to enrich the bloated upper classes....jolly good show.....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I don’t think they were trying to destabilize Libya, I think they were trying to prevent a crime against humanity. Libya was unstable before they got involved, and if they Iranians are providing weapons to the Taliban, the same Taliban who are shooting my mate out in Afghanistan then I say take their guns and their lives.

Nothing to do with the upper-class.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This happened a month ago.
And it would have been kept quiet if it wasnt for the SAS being captures in Libya.

They needed a feel good story, and this is it.

No photos, no details, no markings are shown...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
How do they know it was going to taliban? Did it have a ship to taliban address on it?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
How do they know it was going to taliban? Did it have a ship to taliban address on it?

I suggest they used intelligence, something your post may be lacki............... forget it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

who are the 'we' you are talking about ?

how did you know iran was helping them.

do you think : you (UKG) are on the peace side and iran is on the terror side ?

you don't know anything about invasion ?

I hope some one your house soon so you can get it.

peace be upon who he knows what it means !!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

ok . you were bringing peace to middle east and then this evil Iranian gov came into play . be real.

you are doing in bad in ME because all you want is resource and land.

+ Iranian people have always been victim of terrorism and Afghanistan is already taken over and every one knows that Taliban has no chance

+ if nato wants it can defeat Taliban but after that the game is over and they should go. but wait the mines are already rich and they should be digged until there is no resource

damn with invasion and COLONIALISM

peace

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Iran funds terrorists, don’t be so naive and stupid to deny Iran’s recent evil history, such as Hezbollah, Hamas, PIJ, the Taliban are just another addition to the terrorist groups Iran helps out.

I hope soon your people see the light and have the guts like the people of Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain and Libya.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

OK. I know that Iran supports Hezbollah but what about Taliban ??

it doesn't make sense. just look at the history of Afghanistan. they are Wahhabi and they were originated from Pakistan . why should Iran support them.

and thanks for ur concern. my people do not like to see the light of ' the one seeing eye ' . I rather die to see that light.

another Q : what is it ( you think ) you have and we are looking for ? as I have understood there is not more than what we have in Iran. you an us have almost nothing ( no freedom , no democracy )

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What a crappy thread that I can sum up like this ....

" Keep kiiling innocent women and children because were telling you we found more " weapons " that belong to the "" terrorists "

Wake up OP! Noone but you and your internet clique believe in the exsistence of this al quaeda you blabber on about constantly .

The us and uk are invading countries using bombs and bullets what do you expect a welcome party ?

If England tried to invade Scotland and stop you wearing kilts and eatting haggis would you take it lying down ?

Or would we see an army of mel gibson bravehearts rise up ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
OK. I know that Iran supports Hezbollah but what about Taliban ??

Iran will support anyone who frustrates the West, particularly the Great Satan (aka the US) and Isreal, and to quote from that Very Nice Man Mr M Ahmadinejad "anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury".

Iran ferments hatred and the perpetuation of mayhem and supports terrorism. Like all good dictatorships Iran needs to continually feed the fires as this provides a distration away from the dire domestic challenges, like hanging people who protest against the lack of liberty. Prove me wrong.

Regards

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Oh yes. The Islamic Republic, ruled by fundamentalist Shia, is going to be giving weapons, to the Taliban, a Wahhabi Sunni organization known for murdering Afghan Shia who did not denounce Ali, who are backed by the Sunni Saudi regime currently gunning down Shia protesters seeking more democratic power. This is the same Iran who, in 2001, very happily lent logistical and even military aid to the coalition forces in their assault on Afghanistan.

Of course, most viewers don't know any of this and just think "All them thar ay-rab moozlims is the same!"

So they'll fall for it. This is the UK doing its part to help the US lie its way into a war against iran.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Maybe a better solution would be to just get your mates out of Afghanistan? Crazy, I know, but really? It's the most sensible option. I mean it's not like the vast army of Afghanistan is going to be sweeping over the UK like a tidal wave. We're not talking about the wehrmacht here, are we?

Your friends come home, Afghans aren't shooting at them, they're not shooting at Afghans, it works out.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dhimmie

I suggest they used intelligence, something your post may be lacki............... forget it.

Can you prove my post was lacking intelligence? You may want to reconsider that statement..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You know who funds terrorists? You do. I do and every Canadian, British, and American! Our world bankers are the terrorists that own not only our governments, but each and every one of us until you free yourself from their slave system and believe their lies through their propagated media!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The same way that "they" knew that the weapons were coming and where to intercept them. As the other poster said, intelligence gathering.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Oh yes. The Islamic Republic, ruled by fundamentalist Shia, is going to be giving weapons, to the Taliban, a Wahhabi Sunni organization known for murdering Afghan Shia who did not denounce Ali, who are backed by the Sunni Saudi regime currently gunning down Shia protesters seeking more democratic power. This is the same Iran who, in 2001, very happily lent logistical and even military aid to the coalition forces in their assault on Afghanistan.

Yep.

Originally posted by disfugured

You know who funds terrorists? You do. I do and every Canadian, British, and American!

And Iran does. Keep it on topic.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dhimmie

Can you prove my post was lacking intelligence? You may want to reconsider that statement..

Certainly.

In the same way drug agencies know where the coke is going, and nooooooooooo, the shipments don't have the names of coke dealers on them either. Funnily enough when people decide to engage in illegal shipments, they usually try to keep the receivers name out of the equation.

Nothing to reconsider and point proved.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I can not proof and I don't want to.

let me explain more about what you do. I don't know how much you know about math functions. suppose a function that you don't know what it is. you just have inputs and outputs. if you want to understand the function's behavior you have to simulate this function. the more simple you assume the function the further you get from the real function you are examining. or the more simple you simulate the function the more false results you get from this simulation.

you just are making simple rules and you are telling me about the output of Iran's function. I am telling you that it is not as simple as you see.Hezbollah and Taliban are far far from each other to compare. if you know about differences you tell me.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by paraphi

I can not proof and I don't want to.

let me explain more about what you do. I don't know how much you know about math functions. suppose a function that you don't know what it is. you just have inputs and outputs. if you want to understand the function's behavior you have to simulate this function. the more simple you assume the function the further you get from the real function you are examining. or the more simple you simulate the function the more false results you get from this simulation.

you just are making simple rules and you are telling me about the output of Iran's function. I am telling you that it is not as simple as you see.Hezbollah and Taliban are far far from each other to compare. if you know about differences you tell me.

OK, glad to help you out. As you used an example of illustration, so will I.
Some years a go, the USA's congress approved the funding of the Mujahadin in Afghanistan. Despite the MUJ not being significant allies at that time, the funding was decided worthwhile as they two parties had a bigger common enemy: The Soviet Union.
Throughout history temporary alliances have been formed to attack a bigger common enemy.
Iran funds groups it wouldn't usually as they have a bigger more significant common enemy.... Allied forces in 'The Stan'.

I think when you say 'if you know the about differences you tell me' you actually mean 'If you can explain the connection, please do', so I did.

As we are helping each other, I'll help you more with corrections:

*Proof should be prove

The following require capitalization

*Let
** Suppose
****If
*****The

You can use commas in the correct place.
First period could be a comma, second a period, third a comma, forth a period
Comma after 'behavior
Don't start sentences with 'or'

Paragraph Two:

'You' should be capitalized.
Hezbollah and the Taliban are too far from each other to compare (I believe you are trying to say)
Use a comma to separate the clause in conditional sentences beginning with 'if' or 'when'.

You knowledge, like your ability to express yourself, lacks fluidity, thus making your argument seem poorly researched and weak.

If you require more help, don't hesitate to contact me at this website.

Regards,

The Dhimmie

edit on 17-3-2011 by Dhimmie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join