It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts don't exist! Why bother...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is not my belief, but it appears to be the belief of many who frequent this site!

So u have a story, a crazy experience u'd like to share... Where better to share it then a site dedicated to the paranormal, a site dedicated to free speach?

According to many u need a boat load of physical evidence to share ur story or u just get ridiculed and made fun of.

Well here it is, you cannot prove ghosts exist!!! That's a fact, there will always be skeptics, they will always scrutinize any and all evidence. So if somebody on ats wants to tell a story, a personal experience... Allow them to do so, love it or hate it... U were not there!

If anybody could prove the existence of the paranormal... They wouldn't post it on above top secret, they would tell James Randi! The man who challenges anybody to prove anything paranormal in exchange for 1 million dollars!!!!

Source
www.skepdic.com...

So I emplore any and all who read this to accept the fact that this site is a place to share experiences, u r not an expert or an authority on anything paranormal because technically there is no such thing as an expert in such fields... All the rules are made up, we don't care if u believe us!!! We just want to share our experiences.

If u have a good or bad day, you don't share it for validation from ur audience whether ur day was truly good or bad, u share it because u want to and because u like hearing how other peoples days were!!!

Thank you...

PEOPLE PLEASE READ!!!

The title of a thread, much like a news paper "title" is to engage interest in a topic...

U r supposed to read the article! I BELIEVE IN GHOSTS, I'm sick of people slandering stories for lack of evidence!
edit on 9-3-2011 by sparda4355 because: People don't read

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Well here it is, you cannot prove ghosts exist!!! That's a fact, there will always be skeptics, they will always scrutinize any and all evidence. So if somebody on ats wants to tell a story, a personal experience... Allow them to do so, love it or hate it... U were not there!

If anybody could prove the existence of the paranormal... They wouldn't post it on above top secret, they would tell James Randi! The man who challenges anybody to prove anything paranormal in exchange for 1 million dollars!!!!

Problem is like a lot of things.......no one can prove they don't exist either...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think u may have missed my point... I'm saying stories r just that stories... They don't need to be proved, either believe them or don't, but it's not necessary to ridicule others for believing.

To ur point...

U can't disprove the existence of anything!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
First you would have to prove everything exists...are you real?? Am i real?? who knows...we dont understand enough about the universe to even say if this reality is real.

Ive experienced weird things....just yesterday i was at my parents and something weird happened. My nan was burried on thursday, there is a sat nav in a draw at my parents...hasnt been used for months...in a drawer where nothing could touch it. All of a sudden we hear something say "at the end of the road turn right" Wheres the location?? My nans old house.

The day before i was stabbed in my home i had an intense feeling of fear...i felt like i was going to cry it was so intense, the words stab and the utter fear of it happening just appeared from nowhere, but i ignored it. the very next day i was stabbed 9 times in my flat.

Cant prove it...well...i can prove i was stabbed 9 times but i cant prove what i felt the night before

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Where do your beliefs that ghosts do not exist come from? Seeing isn't always believing. With you logic, the outer lying universes do not exist, nor does the supposed inner core of the earth. We know this is not true, however, do to the discovery of the sufficient science. Why than, can other planes of existence not exist, if the very science is demonstrated through the separation of our atmospheres? I've never myself experienced something paranormal but never will i deny something cannot and will not ever exist until science can prove that it doesn't.

To Destroy only gives reason to Build

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

I believe ghost may exist - I believe Aliens do exist - but I still approach both topics the same - with a degree of skeptism to ensure I do not let my beliefs influence my conclusion when assesing people's posts and evidence.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
reply to post by Akragon

I think u may have missed my point... I'm saying stories r just that stories... They don't need to be proved, either believe them or don't, but it's not necessary to ridicule others for believing.

To ur point...

U can't disprove the existence of anything!!!

I realize that....perhaps you should change the title of the thread... *shrug*

edit on 9-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arcticfox

Did u actually read my post?????????

The first line states, THIS IS NOT MY BELIEF!

I believe in ghosts! Read my other posts, I was a ghost hunter so-to-speak!

This post is to discourage people from ridiculing others for wanting to share their experiences without having enough evidence to back it up!!!

The title was to engage interest!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Dude... I agree with u, u r validating my point! Reread my post, and actually read it... U will understand
edit on 9-3-2011 by sparda4355 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
First you would have to prove everything exists...are you real?? Am i real?? who knows...we dont understand enough about the universe to even say if this reality is real.

"Cogito ergo sum" or "I think, therefore I exist"

Renes Descartes

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I find that most witnesses of seeing apparitions can be explained by either infrasound or carbon monoxide poisoning.

www.skepdic.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

But i can still remember some stories where these do not explain it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Good post op!

I hate seeing people ridicule posters for their experiences. I love ATS, but sometimes it really makes me cringe.
This is one of the few places people can come and speak of the strange. Isn't it a place to be open minded?

A healthy debate is fantastic, but one too many times I have seen people be down right arrogant and judging.

Me personally? I have had one ghostly encounter, and quite honestly, I hope not to have more.
They scare the bejeezus out of me!

Where as - Aliens? End of the world scenario? Yea.... I can live with those!

S&F

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Borag the Horse
I find that most witnesses of seeing apparitions can be explained by either infrasound or carbon monoxide poisoning.

www.skepdic.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

But i can still remember some stories where these do not explain it.

Would you mind naming these so-called witnesses & specifically how you know for certain that they were poisoned by carbon monoxide or that there even was infrasonic signals around them at the time? Unless you know every individual case, all throughout history, I don't see how you can say "most" can be explained by these two explanations.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cLOUDDEAD

Wow u seriously over analyze that. What i meant by that sentance is usually the common ghost story, such as how the witness feels towards it.

It's exactly the same as what would happen with these things present.

I hardly meant i have studied all of this and this is my conclusion, it's more how i would explain it. Seriously if i had all the expertice your asking for then i wouldn't waste my time posting on this site......

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

I can honestly say u r literally the only person that actually read this post!!! Thank u sooooooo much!
I wish others could get the point! If u get ubducted by aliens, most likely, u can't prove it, but I'm sure as #%^* u probably would want to talk about it!!!
u'd probably want to go to a place where people supposedly believe in such things!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Borag the Horse

If u reread my thread and ur defensive state in ur last post to this thread, u might get my point!!! U can't say anything on this site without 400 facts that don't exist!! It's funny how well the 2 of u proved my point! Thank u

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Im totally with the OP on this one,

If you dont want to read about ghosts dont click on the topic saying - my encounter with a ghost ( or something to that effect ) -

Just thought id say that as it is a valid point,

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Thank u sir, it appears u also have actually read the thread

It's funny how many people read the intro to a thread and comment without any effort to understand the conversation!!! Lol

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

I believe ghost may exist - I believe Aliens do exist - but I still approach both topics the same - with a degree of skeptism to ensure I do not let my beliefs influence my conclusion when assesing people's posts and evidence.

Perfect approach !

Woody

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Borag the Horse

I still don't see the problem in giving my viewpoint on the thread, i couldn't give two flying expletives about having to provide proof. It's my viewpoint and I only wanna enjoy this thread and have a discussion about it....

It's not all aimed at you, been reading a lot of your threads in the last couple days which have been quite entertaining tbh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join