It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Mass Fish Death in Los Angeles.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
more animal deaths. apparently the wind killed all these fish.

Workers from various local agencies are still scooping hundreds of thousands of dead anchovies, mackerel and sardines from the waters at King Harbor Marina after a massive fish kill occurred there this morning.

"We have people on docks with skimmer nets and people on boats getting them out of the water," said Debbie Talbot of the Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors. "They'll be working well into the evening hours."

Talbot said the die-off was likely caused by severe winds that hit the area Monday night. She said the sea was rough and the fish may have been seeking safe harbor.
abcnews.go.com...

forgive my thread skills.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Im not a smart man, but i know what love is....jk i dont and in regards to the mystery of the fish death, well i would say that all this earthquake activity may have released sulfur at the bottom poisoning them, maybe? perhaps?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This really is getting crazy.

Something must be going on surely.

Is this natural?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
sorry this thread is DEFINITELY in the wrong place. im new at this.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
sorry buddy this is the eighth thread about this

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonwight

Talbot said the die-off was likely caused by severe winds that hit the area Monday night. She said the sea was rough and the fish may have been seeking safe harbor.
abcnews.go.com...

forgive my thread skills.

I'm sorry am I hearing this right? Wind killed the fish? Where did this guy get his credibility? This is like in the 1900 s when the science community's denial said meteorites could not have come from space but were spit out from volcanoes.
Anyone getting these dead fish chem tested? Or are we just deferring to the dumbest explanation I have ever heard?
Ok I just read the article It was a result of the Oxygen level being at zero.

Talbot said that when the water was checked this morning, the oxygen level was at zero. Fish can survive in water with a level 5 or higher.

Ok I used to work in a water testing lab running the BOD's Biological Oxygen Demand tests.
I know what this guy is talking about and what causes it.
When you introduce a bug (ie raw sewerage) to a water sample depending on how much nutrient Ie pollutant (for example CocaCola Amatils effluent.) Rich in sugars and other yummies the bugs like they will consume it at an increased rate and use up all the oxygen in the water.

Therefore highly polluted water = low Oxygen. Now we get to the tested Oxygen level of 0 that is almost unheard of. What kind of wast was put in the harbor?
edit on 8-3-2011 by Shirak because: Adding extra information

top topics

join