It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Now i cant access my youtube account " Without " a google mail account, to log on i must get this message -

Verify your account
You're almost done! We just need to verify your account before we can create it.

Account verification helps with:

* Preventing spam: we try to verify that real people, not robots, are creating accounts.

* Recovering account access: we will use your information to verify your identity if you ever lose access to your account.

* Communication: we will use your information to notify you of important changes to your account (for example, password changes from a new location).

Unless you explicitly tell us to do so, your phone number will never be sold or shared with other companies, and we will not use it for any purpose other than during this verification step and for password recovery and account security issues.
In other words, you don't have to worry about getting spam calls or text messages from us, ever.

For more information, please read our frequently asked questions.

Verification Options

Text Message
Google will send a text message containing a verification code to your mobile phone.

Voice Call
Google will make an automated voice call to your phone with a verification code.

Country

Mobile phone number

Phone number

If you're having trouble verifying your account, please report your issue. """

Has Anybody else had this happen to them ?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Hm I'm not getting any of that I just logged in seems a bit fishy friend I would be very careful.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yes its happening to me as well and I refuse to comply with whatever the hell they are trying to do.
I don't have a yahoo or google account and don't want one.

I just logged out and won't log in until I can get around that garbage.
If anyone knows how I can bypass it then please let me know.

My password doesn't even work anymore and I am very annoyed at youtube.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

i gave them my old mobile phone number and i wont ever have it switched on again. they sent a verification code which i then typed in.

When i logged on it said you old password wont work anymore you have to use the googlemail one now

hope that helps anyway

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Yes , this happened to me also. I did what you did and used a phone that's not used much. I do wonder what they are up to tho. Why do they want our cell phone numbers? Its obviously not about security.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was just about to start a thread on this!

Since when did any site need a mobile/cell phone no. to assist the user logging-in?

My concerns..

1. A huge amount of personal information can be obtained from revealing ones no. including name, age , address and even exactly where somebody is at any given time (providing the phone has power).

2. How would YT know that the no. submitted has anything to do with the account holder? There's a chance that one could enter the wrong no. and give accidental account access to a stranger or even a chance that the account could be hacked.

I don't see any reason why this request for a personal phone no. is in any way more effective than the usual method of sending PW reminders etc to the initial email account with which the user signed-up, apart from a suspected attempt to gain more personal info on an individual which could be used against them.

This, to me, is no different from the spam emails we all get asking for bank details etc so that one can receive some fictitious random award, when in reality, one has nothing to gain and much to loose.

Here's my no. 07942 F#ck you YT (or would you prefer a text?)

top topics

join