It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the Kind of Thing that MUST Stop !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
First off yes its The Sun newspaper but ........

www.thesun.co.uk...

I know how he feel's the exact same thing happened to me !

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Here in NY if you're fat, black, or stupid its enough park in a handicapped zone.

EDIT to add: Come to think of it, that even works in fire lanes here.
edit on 3/8/11 by StigShen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Well thats the UK and the incompetance that is running the country.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen
reply to post by ProRipp

Here in NY if you're fat, black, or stupid its enough park in a handicapped zone.

EDIT to add: Come to think of it, that even works in fire lanes here.
edit on 3/8/11 by StigShen because: (no reason given)

What does black have to do with anything unless you are implying that blacks are destined for adverse reactions to something they have no control over... their skin color.

You can gain intelligence. You can lose weight. You cannot change color. You my friend are a bigot.

AAC

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

You are putting the cart before the horse to call me a bigot. Are you a bigot? You are the one assuming that all black people park illegally. I never said such a thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

You can gain intelligence. You can lose weight. You cannot change color. You my friend are a bigot.

AAC

What about disorders of the mind and alike. What about eating disorders and alike. What about Michael Jackson and alike.

I do not, however, see the point of the original poster of those things had in mind.

I understand why he got the fine--he did not have the blue sign permitting him to park there, but I suppose he should have been able to appeal for the fine, because he did receive the sign later.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Here in the States, judges can often issue a temporary parking permit, and it is certainly in their discretion to toss a ticket "in the interest of justice" as it is often called. For things like an expired safety inspection, or a broken headlamp or something of that nature, the police themselves will dispose of the ticket if you show up to the police station with it fixed within 24 hours. And if not, it will usually get tossed anyway if you bring a receipt to court that it has been fixed in the meantime.

I dont think that anyone can dispute this man certainly should have not been fined.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
With parking fines you are allowed to appeal, the sooner the better and in writing !
But why bother ?
They almost always get turned down in order to extort the very people who are unable to afford to pay on most occasions !
The only case i have ever heard of to win an appeal for a parking fine is my cousin !
And at the time he was a MAGISTRATE !
Anyone gettin it yet ?

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

As was my situation ! My blue badge was on it's way in the post and you would think that with theyre nifty little handheld computer they could input the license plate number and find out that the car was registered to Motabillity provided as transport to a disabled person !
I thought this was a high tech digitally enhanced world ?
Only when it suits them, it seems ?

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

The original people issuing the ticket might not have that equipment or access, but I suppose the courts should know. Pretty sad, but I think that kind of thing would be happening world wide, whether or not intentional, maybe we should try a little harder, at least the person in question got his point across and did not have to pay the fine (and he got some attention from the media too).

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
With this kind of bureaucracy nobody wants to be a hero anymore, people will choose for themselves before helping anyone else.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Oh believe me they have the ways and means to ascertain everything to do with any vehicle.
They just chose to gain profit !
Common sense and civility don't come into the equation !

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
What kind of scum would sit there and ticket a crippled man for parking in a handicapped zone? That's just outrageous! That is the whole point of having those spots, you know.

I can't count how many times I've seen people with the permits park in the handicapped zone, and get out of there car and stroll off without any difficulty.

Yet this guy gets a ticket?

For shame... some people are just awful.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

It's a sad fact of the sorry state of the world we live in today !
More acts and statutes that anyone can count let alone remember, where even dropping a cigarette but or chewing gum on the pavement gets a fixed penalty of £60 on the spot !

Is it really any wonder we're gettin p1ss3d off ?

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp

They just chose to gain profit !

Peace

Who exactly? The police officer giving the ticket, the judge deciding not to allow the person to get special considerations?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Since law enforcement has nothing to do with a persons guilt or innosence, I would guess the court was looking to profit from it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes those men and women in in uniform once known as POLICEMEN and POLICEWOMEN are now Corporate Enforcement Officers !
Police OFFICERS !
Every Police force in the UK is listed as a Corporation on Dunne & Bradstreet !
As is every Magistrates Court !
Run for profit ! Upholding the common man/womens rights is now secondary to raising revenue !
More and more pathetic statutes and acts that can have you fined for putting your waste bins out too early !
God knows how many different coloured plastic containers for different types of waste for recycling !
The place has gone to pot !

MiniRant Over Sorry All !

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
And speaking of recycling !
This today !

www.bbc.co.uk...

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here in Australia parking inspectors has become legalized extortion. Even if you pay but the machine fails to give you a ticket, tough luck that's $25. I know there have been some attempts to base the inspectors pay on how many tickets they give, this gets really nasty when they do as even the most petty and minor parking infringements can cost heaps as parking spaces are not signed correctly. It is not about responsible parking, it is about revenue and one reason I do not like cities.

top topics

join