It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo over south wales?? photo experts needed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i thought the moon looked kinda bright and close so i decided to take open my bedroom window and take some pics on my phone. ..then i noticed something freaky in the sky??
these pics were taken 19th jan 2011 and approx 20-30 secs apart.

in the first one there seems to be 2 objects to the left of the moon but barley visable on camera?

in the second pic i got its joined into 1 shape and moved above the moon .?

then i tried to wake my fiancie to show her and by the time i looked back it had gone :-(
i havent got a clue what these were but i can guarantee you it wasnt no weather balloon/swamp gas/chinese lantern

anybody got anything i could use to zoom and focus on these pics?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I believe most will say, flares off your camera.
A reflection. And I would have to aggree.

Thanx for sharing, tho

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Is this a joke?

Its the moon.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
look above the moon in the 2nd pic.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
...I see the moon, and a reflection in the camera lens..sorry, on the positive side thats a nice pic of the moon you got there..

edit on 7-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
They're lens flares. Look at the second picture at the light anomaly above the moon and then look at the anomaly above the street lamp in the bottom right hand corner... Its the same shape and size! Just light bouncing around inside the lens. Sorry to rain on your parade my friend.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
had a play a bout with the exposure and you acn see something in the sky above the moon...?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

ok - several questions and my opinions

q1 - were you standing behind a glass windo when you took these pictures ? the perspective of the vhiles in the carpark indicates to me that you were on the 2nd floor , or some other elevated vantage point

q2 - could you see these effects with the naked eye - or were they only apparent in digital images

q3 - do you wear spectacles

ok - interogation over , now my opinions :

neither image is of sufficient quality for any meaningfull analysis - i expect people to come and " analyse " them by susing verious PS filter effects - " emboss " being the most retarded example

regarding image 1 - look again - there are far mor than 2 anomolies surrounding the moon - and its clear that most of them are in an arc around the moon - that screams optical illusion

regrarding image 2 - their is a near identical second anomolie to the on you cite above the moon , its above the street lamp - framed by the 2nd floor window [ far right ] - again this indicates an optical illusion

both IMHO are reflections off glass / lens artefacts

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The poor resolution doesn't help this one but I've linked the two images together to get a better idea of trajectory.

How far apart were these images taken?
edit on 7-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Looks like a very common lense flare effect coming from the bright street lamp and the moon itself..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Is this a joke?

Its the moon.

Seems you failed to read the OP's thread starter properly.... tsk

I refer you to this

To the OP, It does appear to be lens flare but I'm no expert so keep your fingers crossed that maybe you caught something cool

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I will have to take your word for it on this one. I see objects in the photos where you say they are but nothing seems out of the ordinary to me in regards to that.

Originally posted by welshbeliever
i thought the moon looked kinda bright and close so i decided to take open my bedroom window and take some pics on my phone. ..

But you are right the moon right now is brighter in the sky! Check out these articles on the "Super moon"!

blog.beliefnet.com... nights-full-moon-is-another.html
www.news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The upper object in image 1 when viewed side by side with image 2 (at the same scale) and without taking into consideration that the objects may be moving away from or closer to the lens, appear very similar in size and shape.

It doesn't appear to be lens flare to me but neither does it look like the two objects have merged into one. As this is a 2D image and taking into consideration the viewing angle that can't be ruled out.

It looks to me like an object of sorts could be present however due to the low resolution and not knowing how clean your camera lens is and other factors, this may remain one of those 50/50 shots. ie is it or isn't it an object.
There are no distinguishing features visible which doesn't help in identifying what it is.

Just my view :0)
edit on 7-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join