It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientist finds fossils of alien life forms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
A NASA scientist says he's discovered alien life, in the form of microscopic fossils, embedded in meteorites. Astrobiologist Richard Hoover of the Marshall Space Flight Center claims to have found the remains of something very like cyanobacteria - also known as blue-green algae or pond scum - buried inside three different meteorites.

Some look very similar to a terrestrial bacterium called Titanospirillum velox - but Hoover claims that tests show no evidence that the 'fossils' were caused by contamination from Earth organisms.

"The implications are that life is everywhere, and that life on Earth may have come from other planets," says Hoover.

Hoover cites the lack of nitrogen in the structures as evidence that they are indeed evidence of alien life.

Nitrogen is not detected in ancient biological materials such as fossil insects in Miocene Amber; Cambrian Trilobites from the Wheeler Shale or cyanobacterial filaments from Karelia," he writes. "Consequently the absence of nitrogen in the cyanobacterial filaments detected in the CI1 carbonaceous meteorites indicates that the filaments represent the remains of extraterrestrial life forms that grew on the parent bodies of the meteorites when liquid water was present, long before the meteorites entered the Earth’s atmosphere." It's not the first time that a scientist has claimed to have found fossils in a meteorite. In 1996, NASA scientists said they'd identified fossilized microbes in a meteorite believed to have originated on Mars. But that evidence was widely disputed - as, no doubt, these latest claims will be.

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Does anyone even bother to do a search before posting... I've seen this story about 10 times now!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
didn't they already find a piece of Mars on Earth during Clinton's presidency that had fossilized organisms?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Does anyone even bother to do a search before posting... I've seen this story about 10 times now!!!!

Seems not, very lazy and very annoying, there's no way people can miss there are so many threads already.

I bst be careful, Zorgon will accuse me of using venom

new topics

top topics

join