It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officers Spot UFO, Rapid Reaction Force Alerted June 1996

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This one caught my eye with that "Rapid Reaction Force Alerted " moniker

LITHUANIA
SUBJ: POLICE OFFICERS SPOT UFO; RAPID REACTION FORCE ALERTED
SOURCE: MOSCOW ITAR-TASS WORLD SERVICES IN RUSSIAN 0920 GMT 26 JUN 96

According to eye witness's accounts, at about 0030 in the early morning, on the Vilnius-Medininkai road,near the village of Nemeziz, 10km from the capital, at an altitude of 20-30 meters above the grouns, they noticed a spherical object hanging and "pulsing" alternately shrinking and expanding. At the same time they heard what they described as a "strange sound like an electric or electronic crackle". Wanting to take a closer look at the UFO, the policemen moved toward it. When they had advanced about 50 meters through the long grass the police said the sphere moved away, rose higher and rapidly departed in the direction of Vilnius.

FOIA document
www.foia.ucia.gov...

UCIA is the CIA FOIA reading room
www.foia.ucia.gov...

So the interesting part was this..

"VEHICLE LOADS OF SOLDIERS FROM THE ARAS RAPID REACTION FORCE" arrived on the scene

Lithuania
Special Operations and Counterterrorist Forces
ARAS (Eagle)

Lithuania's premier counter-terrorism unit was born out of the uncertainty leading up to and following the collapse of the Soviet Union.

the ARAS unit is placed under the Ministry of Interior and is a 250-strong force. Operators are spread out throughout major cities of the country in 30-man "companies," and an elite within an elite, the "Special Team" is located in the capital, Vilnius.

www.specialoperations.com...

So Lithuania sends in a crack team to investigate and it made it into the CIA's files

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Interesting find, what is not so amazing is that it made it to the CIA's files, who says the world governments aren't working together on these sightings and crashes.

We don't hear much about those happening in Europe, as a little side not my grandmother was born in Lithuania.

Thank Zorgon

S&F

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't understand??? one minute your saying UFO are military then the next your saying they are something else, boy its hard to keep up with you Z

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I don't understand??? one minute your saying UFO are military then the next your saying they are something else, boy its hard to keep up with you Z

Really? Try checking my posts I have always said;
80%ish are plasma critters
15%ish are ours (including the triangles)
5%ish are the true visitors

(after all obvious hoaxes, balloons etc are removed)

What part of that confuses you

edit on 7-3-2011 by zorgon because: Chadwickus talked to ArMaP to convince Phage to do it, even though Aliens abducted him

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, interesting case mate - here's an article about the incident published in the daily newspaper 'France Soir' and I also found it interesting that the CIA still collects information on UFOs worldwide as recent as 1996:

A UFO in Vilnius

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e94a24c4f96.jpg[/atsimg]

Am unidentified flying object was seen not far from Vilnius and was observed during half an hour by two police officers who launched an alert to all the police forces of the Lithuanian capital. At about 0:30, in the night from Tuesday to Wednesday, on the Vilnius-Misdininkaï road, close to the village of Nemajis, the UFO - an rounf, luminous object with shaky pulsations - stationed 20 to 30 meters above ground-level, according to the testimonies of the police officers. "At the same time, one heard a strange noise similar to electric or electronic crackling," they specified. But when they arrived at 50 meters approximately of the object, it started to move, rose in the air then moved away quickly.

link

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

[

The 5%

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

edit on 7-3-2011 by zorgon because: Chadwickus talked to ArMaP to convince Phage to do it, even though Aliens abducted him

Err...plasma critters? I've never seen you write about plasma critters let alone even thought you'd believe in them. Jings! I must do some searching.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

Sent you a private message

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

What are Plasma Critters?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
New link for CIA document about this case:

This document dated June 25, 1996 and released March 25, 1997 is from the archives of the CIA.

Link

CrazyMonkey

What are Plasma Critters?

Lifeforms made out of plasma.

Plasma life forms
edit on 11-11-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join