It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aten the Sun God? Or was he an alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Currently researching Akhenaten and found unusual circumstances. The man changed history, first abolishing all gods to one and changing his name and style of art. Although many speculations are of his gender based on murals and hieroglyphs, there was no evidence of a condition of his gender...hmmm? Why would a man born of a great king change so radically and have one of the most beauitful woman by his side, Neffertiti. Is it a case of a rich ugly man with a trophy wife? Possibly.
That is not of interest who his wife was, but why everything was how it was. Researching who Aten was, it turns out he is a part of a group of gods, he symbolized the sun disc. Makes me scratch my head, why a man would worship a sun disc. Part of me believes that sun disc was in fact a UFO. Aten is also believed to be both masculine and feminine. Maybe thats why Akhenaten made his appearance as both man and woman. Because someone who has such defects, it would almost be impossible to impregnant a woman once, but he didn't he did that 6 times....all daughters.

The ancient Egyptian term for the disk of the sun was Aten, which is first evidenced during the Middle Kingdom, though of course solar worship begins much earlier in Egyptian history. It should be noted however that this term initially could be applied to any disk, including even the surface of a mirror or the moon. The term was used in the Coffin Texts to denote the sun disk, but in the 'Story of Sinuhe' dating from the Middle Kingdom, the word is used with the determinative for god (Papyrus Berlin 10499). In that story, Amenemhat I is described as soaring into the sky and uniting with Aten his creator

Aten

Prior to Amenhotep IV, the sun disk could be a symbol in which major gods appear and so we find such phrases as "Atum who is in his disk ('aten'). However, from there it is only a small leap for the disk itself to become a god.

ATS members, please tell me I am crazy to believe that there is a small chance Akhenaten may have believed Aten the sun disc god (Not to be confused with Ra who brought the sun across the sky), who only had 1/3 part of the Sun's being, was possibly an alien who visited. A theory to why a "lesser" god like Aten who was a disc was to be superior to any other god. What are your thoughts???

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting picture. It's written off to stylized art but those look like alien babies to me:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2e0e3c96d23.jpg[/atsimg]

Other images of him show him to be quite strange looking:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d32b518b80e.jpg[/atsimg]

Could be a genetic disability or stylistic art but it could also be that's how he looked. Also it is interesting how both Nefertiti and his children are pictured that way. There is a lot about Egypt that we think we know (or have been deliberately mislead about) that is most likely not what happened.
edit on 6-3-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Look up the skulls and the bust of Nefertiti

PSSST....Also Akhenaten is traditionally the Founder of the Rosicrucians... But you didn't hear that from me

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Yeah cranial deformation. It started at birth to get the desired effect. If they would have waited, the skull would have become too hard and thick to perform it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Okay, fine, intentional cranial deformation. But why? Who or what were they trying to imitate? And why have the same "intentional cranial deformations" been found in Peru? What or who were they trying to imitate? Nefertiti?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da16b28b0661.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
But why? Who or what were they trying to imitate? And why have the same "intentional cranial deformations" been found in Peru? What or who were they trying to imitate? Nefertiti?

Precisely the question...

Indiana Jones crystal Mayan skull

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Ah but there isn't just one type of cranial deformation, there are many distinct "styles", but they fall into 1 of either 3 pigeon holes to be catalogged. It all started in neolithic times apparently, with both homo sapien and neaderthal practising it. Why? Who knows?

Why do people have tatoo's, or pierce themselves, or place objects in their mouths to extend their lips, or place bangs around their necks to elongate their necks, or file their teeth into points, or self amputate limbs?

I don't think that there is a straight forward answer I could give to that question.
edit on 6-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Some say he actually suffered from Marfan's syndrom: www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk... there are more that say he was a female, others say he was mentally handicapped which is why a strong queen was given to him. It really is hard to say what is known is he is one of the most interesting pharaohs this side of Ramses the great. The heretic king, really is an amazing part of Egyptian history. Imagine someone coming to power in the states and saying you have to follow I don't know worshiping this tree, and I am going to destroy all your churches, mosques, and synagogues and any other place of worship, all your crosses will be confiscated and any other religious implement that goes against that. There is a reason his face and namewas disfigured in the list of pharaohs.

Link for Marfan syndrome: www.medicinenet.com...
edit on 3/6/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/1111 by Golithion because: Stupid S! STUPID!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Another opinion:

Akhenaten's Supposed Deformity or Illness Many scholars have speculated about possible explanations for Akhenaten's physical appearance. Bob Brier, in his book The Murder of Tutankhamen, suggests that Akhenaten's family suffered from Marfan's syndrome, a dominant autosomal mutation of chromosome 15, which is known to cause elongated features, a long thin face, arachnodactyly (spider-like fingers), a sunken chest and an enlarged aorta, with a proneness for heart problems. Conic shaped eyes also gives a distinctive slit eyed appearance, and may be associated with shortsightedness. Brier speculates that this may explain Akhenaten's appearance, and perhaps his fascination with the sun - since Marfan's sufferers often feel cold easily

cited Rosensweig 1999

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

Osman's Theory

Recently Ahmed Osman has claimed that Moses and Akhenaten were one and the same person, supporting his belief by interpreting aspects of biblical and Egyptian history. This would mesh with Osman's other claim that Akhenaten's maternal grandfather Yuya was the same person as the Biblical Joseph. Others have identified Akhenaton not with a Pharaoh of close to Moses' times (usually identified as Rameses II) but with the Pharoah who appointed Joseph as his vizier. Mainstream Egyptologists do not take these speculations seriously, pointing out that there are direct connections between early Judaism and other Semitic religious traditions, but no identifiable links to Atenism. It is also known that Yuya's family were part of the regional nobility of Akhmin, in Upper Egypt, which would make it very unlikely that he was an Israelite. In his book Oedipus and Akhnaton (1960), Immanuel Velikovsky argued that Moses was neither Akhenaten nor one of his followers. Instead, Velikovsky identifies Akhenaten as the history behind Oedipus and moved the setting from the Greek Thebes to the Egyptian Thebes.

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

Immanual Velikovsky proposed that Akhenaten was actually the historical identity of Oedipus in his book Oedipus and Akhenaten. Around the same time, Freud in Moses and Monotheism proposed a meeting between Akhenaten and Moses, who may have been a noble in Akhenaten's court. Others have suggested he met various biblical figures and the mutual influence resulted in the cult of the Aten, or in some of the foundations of Christianity.

katherinestange.com...

AKHENATEN; ROSICRUCIANS. H. Spencer Lewis, AMORC's founder

The oral accounts they provide hold that these schools were founded during the joint reign of the Egyptian Pharaohs Tuthmosis III and Hatshepsut[4] and included among their most esteemed pupils Pharaoh Akhenaten.

so all and all Akhenaten is a very interesting and controversial character

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83
. Maybe thats why Akhenaten made his appearance as both man and woman. Because someone who has such defects, it would almost be impossible to impregnant a woman once, but he didn't he did that 6 times....all daughters.

Hasn't his mummy been found and its pretty conclusive that he was 'normal'? Also Akhenaten fathered Tutankhamun so he didnt just father girls

Akhenaten found
edit on 6/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Good find, I had no idea that he was found! Excellent!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Here's a picture of a modern day Marfan sufferer, Bradford Cox of Deerhunter/Atlas Sound

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/576f1cb48705.jpg[/atsimg]

Could be. Hard to see his hips through the dress. Doesn't look terrifically close though.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
the egyptian civilisation was founded by an alien civilisation.

many if earths civs were too founded by aliens,the pheonicans,the sumerians and so forth.

i know this to be fact 100%.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Aten may be associated with the sun, but he is not the sun, or its entity.

What the sun is is a little more than what we think it is. And its a very good window, gateway, to reach Beyond with as well as connect to all the other systems, but Family. Hologram input system. Gateway. Collective consciousness as well, involved. Its not something to venerate however, but appreciate, you bet!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

. Maybe thats why Akhenaten made his appearance as both man and woman. Because someone who has such defects, it would almost be impossible to impregnant a woman once, but he didn't he did that 6 times....all daughters.

Hasn't his mummy been found and its pretty conclusive that he was 'normal'? Also Akhenaten fathered Tutankhamun so he didnt just father girls

Akhenaten found

Akhenaten wasn't Tutankahmen's father, he was a step-child. His mother was Kiya. An idea I have is Kiya and Smenkhare are possibly the parents of KIng Tut.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shebangsthedrums

Oh really? May I see your evidence.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Akhenaten found

Akhenaten wasn't Tutankahmen's father, he was a step-child. His mother was Kiya. An idea I have is Kiya and Smenkhare are possibly the parents of KIng Tut.

DNA testing has proven that he was either his father (most likely) or his brother (less likely).

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by coyotepoet
But why? Who or what were they trying to imitate? And why have the same "intentional cranial deformations" been found in Peru? What or who were they trying to imitate? Nefertiti?

Precisely the question...

Indiana Jones crystal Mayan skull

That Skull would look nice next to my Mayan relics. I would need a bigger display case though.

new topics

top topics

join