It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private bunkers being built ? Wait...PRIVATE ?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ok,ok...we all know about 2012, doomsday, RAND, Cheyenne mountain complex, etc..but, i think we all have missed one key thing:

Private survival bunkers

yes, they are being built all over the world

Atlas F missile silos converted all over USA into privately-owned survival bunkers

ATLAS MISSILE

The F series of Atlas missile silo complexes were the last type of Atlas ICBM bases to be built. The construction cost of just the basic concrete underground structures was approximately $15 million dollars each (in 1960 dollars!). Today's current value of the construction cost would be over $107,000,000! The Atlas F silo complex consisted of the main missile silo with an underground tunnel connecting to the LCC, or Launch Control Center. The LCC and silo were only accessible through an above ground entry way. There was an emergency escape hatch which could only be used from within the LCC. The Atlas F LCC was staffed by five man crews.

Theres even an direct confirmation of this by the guy who builds them:

pay attention, the guy says ".....this is our 6th, and there are many more to be built..."

and this show is from 2009/10...how many are there now?

mind blowing, to say at least

be happy

Anubis1
edit on 6-3-2011 by anubis1 because: link

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well durr! The worlds gonna End in a Year (Well it might) so what better to spend money on other than a 5 star Luxury Bunker with Missile silo as standard!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I just can't relate to this. If this is true that the world was heading for this catastrophic dooms day scenario, why would anyone want to live through it. I know some members here want to, but from my perspective, it would be a living hell. I would rather go with the majority of the human race if this is our destiny.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Great videos. Definitely going to watch the rest of it later!

The guy seemed so certain that the government was making such large scale bunkers. But then again, it could just be a marketing ploy.

Just by saying the governments preparing for 2012 will make people think about what they're going to do. And if there did happen to be 1 or 2 insanely rich people watching the episode, then there's more potential customers for him.

And lets be fair, when he was asked 'Will you be in these bunkers in December?', he wasn't exactly gonna say no. Because why would people spend money for 2012 if he's not even going to stay in one just as a precaution.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is a really rich guy, who believes that 2012 will happen, but also has the cash to prepare for such an event. It's upsetting that there aren't enough rich people in the world that believe in 2012, and also want to be a little philanthropic and build bunkers to help more people than just their private families, but I think this is just something we should expect.

This is similar yo saying that, if a war kicks off in a certain country, you would expect the really wealthy people to have the means to get out of the country over and above everybody else. The guy in the video is doing just that, seems like he just doesn't want to share the love with any of us less than wealthy folks.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well if it's a tsunami that hits, the guy said they are good for 100 hours.
Seems like a lot of money to pay to live just an extra 4 days than everyone else.
It wasn't much longer for scorching heat.
Seems it's not just us little people who are easily parted with our money.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
wouldn't it be much more cost effective(and safer) to blast off into space while this all happens and come back after if they can afford these?

the vaults from the fallout series came to mind. fallout shelters secretly created for social experiments, etc.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WilliamRikeronaSegway

Yeah, I would've thought space would be the safest place to be too.
Also, for us poor folks, finding some really really deep underground caves to go to.
They are free!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
No one in their right mind ever believes anything jesse ventura says anyway he is full of # and making one hell of a lot of money from selling dvd's he is like everyone else on doom and gloom, they all have books and dvd's the same was the same in 1999 when we were led to believe that all computers would crash on the stroke of midnight . it was all crap the same as jesse is talking about.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anubis1

There are actually thousands of these bunkers being built worldwide...you too can buy in to one or build yourself.....if you have the $$$

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Why is this a shock? If you had the money you could have your own built. But the question you should be asking is why are so many people building them now.Or what information are they privy to that you may not be that they put alot of money into these shelters. Pay attention....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Back in the Mid-20th Century bunkers were built by individuals because of the fear of Nuclear Holocaust from the "Communists". I wonder where all those bunkers are? I live on a property that is quite big, and was owned by a paranoid gun-toting maniac who killed himself in the 1970s. He was so rich that he could only buy himself a young bride and all the worldly possessions one could imagine. Of course none of it went with him, he failed himself in that regard, the young bride cheerfully sold off all of his world and ran with the money!

I often wonder if there is a hidden bunker on this property. It would be incredible to see some of those old bunkers exposed to see how they held up over the years. Does anyone have an old bunker that they discovered from the Past? Is it viable?

It is a fascinating thought to find one, but it really doesn't matter, personally I believe that bunkers will be the burial ground of the elite. I cannot wait to see them suddenly disappearing into their holes, they will miss the show!

We cannot take anything with us, and we are all going to die! Why not die facing the Universe as it is reaching out to take us Home!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anubis1

Fascinating isn't it? There are even real estate companies that specialize in the selling of old government bunkers, underground 'office' type structures and old abandoned missile silos. Almost all of them have a nice little piece of land that goes along with. Here is the link to just one of them that I have saved just because I find it interesting to see what someone with a lot of money and a little imagination can do with an otherwise worn out, broken down and just plain ugly underground military structure.

Underground Military Structures for Sale

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anubis1

In the last year ads for "private bunkers" have begun showing up in the Robb Report (upscale magazine for the uber wealthy) and company's like VIVOS are becoming a major player in this fringe market.
A few days ago someone posted a link to a real estate company selling decommissioned silos for "cash". I think the OP was "what kind of shelter should I build" or something similar.
Link Posted above.....

edit on 6-3-2011 by Trublbrwing because: Saw post after completion.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
old news is fun! seriously, bunkers of all sorts = nothing new. have seen some incredibly cool out-dated 'government owned' shelters & property sold on eBay in the USA and Germany. pretty sweet prices for the James Bond lifestyle, too.

COG is their mantra: Continuity Of Government. The powers in charge so love lording over everyone else they make us pay for state of the art rabbit holes for them & their cronies. the rest of us can f off as far as the wealthy & powerful are concerned. Some things never change.

really doesn't matter, everybody dies. I'll gladly go to my grave knowing I didn't spend my life cheating, manipulating and mis-guiding the people of the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Interesting story.... I work for the CEO of a small banking and investment company. In short, my job brings me in contact with a lot of wealthy and powerful people. About a month ago, we had just finished up a closed board meeting and a few of us were sitting around blowing off steam. A CEO starting talking about a recent conversation he had with his wife, who is also a wealthy and powerful individual in her own right. He said "dear, see this piece of paper? (indicating their banking statements) When it all goes down, it will mean nothing. All it is worth is a piece of paper." From there, the discussion turned to what each of us was doing to protect ourselves. We discussed bunkers. We discussed food. We discussed ammunition.

This conversation has occurred more than once within the past 2 months, for what its worth.

We all know its coming. Even the wealthy and powerful. So the real question is, what are YOU doing to protect yourselves?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
here are some bunkers that can be used

edit on 7-3-2011 by anubis1 because: text

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
they really have to pray hard I dont make it through, because i will be there waiting for them to come out to slap them on the but and sending them back down

and I MEAN IT

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
*Sigh* It's so annoying that the people this planet could do without are the ones that'll have the best chances at survival.

I'm not surprised these parasitic rats will hide underground like the cowards they are whilst everyone suffers. Is the bunker sustainable? Or can you only live in there for a few years?

If only I could see the look on their faces when oxygen, food or water eventually run out. Maybe for once they'll know what it's like to go hungry.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by WilliamRikeronaSegway

Yeah, I would've thought space would be the safest place to be too.
Also, for us poor folks, finding some really really deep underground caves to go to.
They are free!

This was my thinking too..go as deep and as far under and into the Earth as possible, but then i thought what if it's a mega several mile high tsunami or hundreds of feet worth of flooding?

Being underground won't do us many favours then...i expect even if you could find a pocket that resisted flooding in the cave, the pressure would probably crush you if there was enough water above you.

Might be ok if it was a mutant monster solar flare bathing the surface with oven temperatures, being underground should save you from the heat...but what if it burns off the atmosphere?

Caves would probably work for a 'day after tomorrow' type rapid deep freeze too, but what if there were worldwide Earthquakes? That underground cave might just disintegrate or squash it's walls together.

A hot air balloon? Not good against heat or a flare, but might be ok for all the Earth based stuff, floods, quakes, shifts etc.

Personally, a mini sub in the middle of the Ocean would probably be the safest for everything...just haven't got a spare mini sub laying around!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join