It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army police respond to barricade situation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Army police respond to barricade situation

www.khon2.com

SCHOFIELD BARRACKS, Hawaii - At approximately 5:30 p.m., Army law enforcement responded to an emergency call regarding a Soldier brandishing a weapon on post.

Military police cordoned off the area, while the individual was barricaded in a vehicle.

Federal Fire and EMS personnel also reported to the scene.

The individual suffered a gunshot wound was taken to Wahiawa General Hospital for treatment.

The incident is under investigation, and the condition of the individual is unknown at this time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 033131p://2011-03-05T15:20:20-06:00201103 by bladdersweat because: the full article

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i wonder if the individual was injured by his own weapon or by responders. was this a suicide situation? or was he trying to threaten others. i am glad that no one else was seriously injured and i hope this soldier survives his injuries so we may learn of his motives. what we may only speculate so far at this point. situations like this and the fort hood shooting bring the up the issue that our soldiers have adequate access to metal health services and also having regular mandatory evaluations.

www.khon2.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Agree - This is one of those areas where we completely fail at taking care of our military personnel. The Department of Vetran Affairs needs a massive funding increase (which I know falls into that we are spending to much money already realm).

I personally think we should fund it the way it needs to be funded, and then lock that funding so it cannot be touched except to increase it if need be, and cut elsewhere.

Hope everyone comes out of the situation ok.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The issue with the VA is more of an issue with management and personnel. They need more personnel and the personnel they have need to be better managed.

Fix that and much of the paerwork nonsense will go.

It also needs to be streamlined and brought into the modern world. For instance why on earth can I not FAX or scan and email documents.
edit on 5/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: a

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

security is why

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KDM_Souljah

How is the mail really any safer, especially in today's post offices?

If my unit can effectively and securely use scanned/emailed documents and FAX, the VA should be able to. We transmit far more sensitive information than what the VA deals with.

Its an easy fix. Give all VA members CAC cards and logins to use on a VA network to transmit sensitive data.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The War Within Preventing Suicide in the U.S. Military

Since late 2001, U.S. military forces have been engaged in conflicts around the globe, most notably in Iraq and Afghanistan. These conflicts have exacted a substantial toll on soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen, and this toll goes beyond the well-publicized casualty figures. It extends to the stress that repetitive deployments can have on the individual servicemember and his or her family. This stress can manifest itself in different ways — increased divorce rates, spouse and child abuse, mental distress, substance abuse — but one of the most troubling manifestations is suicide, which is increasing across the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). The increase in suicides among members of the military has raised concern among policymakers, military leaders, and the population at large. While DoD and the military services have had a number of efforts under way to deal with the increase in suicides among their members, the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs asked RAND to review the current evidence detailing suicide epidemiology in the military, identify "state-of-the-art" suicide-prevention programs, describe and catalog suicide-prevention activities in DoD and across each service, and recommend ways to ensure that the activities in DoD and across each service reflect state-of-the-art prevention science.

www.rand.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladdersweat
situations like this and the fort hood shooting bring the up the issue that our soldiers have adequate access to metal health services

You can rest assured that they have EXCELLENT mental health services! 15% of them are on PROZAC

Sri Oracle

top topics

join