It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force's 2nd Secret X-37B Space Plane Likely Testing Spy Satellite Tech launch today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by Kratos40
Well this will be interesting to follow. I hope those amateur astronomers are tracking it. When this was still part of NASA it was meant to be a utility vehicle. So I'm left wondering what the USAF has done to it to change its purpose and project objectives.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Kratos40 because: spelling

It's because they are moving the war on terrorism to outer space.
Disable some GPS satellites so the can't fire missles,
maybe shoot a lasar beam at targets,
maybe save the world from a near earth object.

Yes, perhaps. They may actually be deploying micro-satellites like Slayer had postulated in his thread. Coincidentally, they are launching the X-37B at the same time the Space Shuttle is supposed to be returning.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Hey,check out this document I came across
about the X-37B and it's possible uses.
It's from the Air Command and Staff College.
www.dtic.mil...

Read this link I posted originally and you will know what plans they have for it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Posted this in this thread about the X37:

Just a thought;

If Elenin is on course to impact either Earth or the Moon, and TPTB/NASA knows this; could this launch actually be an attempt to knock the asteroid off target?

Could it be a retaliatory attack against the speculative "attackers" that sent Comet Elenin?

There is evidence against this; but also evidence suggesting it's possible...

What do you think?
Not very likely... but anything is possible these days.

Another theory;
it is a nuke that might be used on either the U.S. or another country of the World.
Reentry capabilities.

Warning of seeing "green" comets...

It might just add up; then again, it might not.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A good idea. It looks like a good plan to save NASA money. Our global rescission is because of space craft like the shuttle and other unnecessary government spending. This craft is in fact much smaller and uses fewer parts being much lighter requiring less rocket fuel. It is a much easier and safer way of transporting payloads into space. Of course we should have the occasional human space exploration missions to advance our understanding of the universe. But that will be in the near future.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Preparations for the second landing of the X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle are underway at Vandenberg Air Force Base. While the exact landing date and time will depend on technical and weather considerations, it is expected to occur sometime in early to mid-June. It has been in space much longer than the first X-37B mission.

The last landing took place at night, and with no notice to the public ahead of time.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's back! The second X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle (OTV-2) landed at Vandenberg Air Force Base at 5:48 a.m. (PDT) June 16. I knew it was coming because I had heard that some people I know were going to have to work on Saturday. Too bad in landed in the dark.

OTV-2 was in space for 469 days. OTV-1, which previously spent 224 days in orbit, will be flown again this fall.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Over 500 days now...Those ants suuure are busy..

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

satellites can't be everywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join