It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next year, people around the world will be able to watch a VENUS transit with their own eyes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForestForager
If it is a perfectly aligned alignment, will we then be passing through the shadow of Venus? I wonder how it will effect day light if at all? Will the sky darken or dim? Anyone know? I'll be pleased just to witness the event in my lifetime.

Edit: I guess the last one didn't have an effect??? Yeah I missed it, didn't even realized it happened before in 2004... at least I get to witness this one! I'm still curious as to the effects of light on earth if there was a perfect Venus eclipse of the sun.
edit on 3-3-2011 by ForestForager because: more registered
There'd be no really noticeable light effect on Earth. Venus is so far away that the parallax would be too great to cast a shadow.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Updating for transit today.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Today, people around the world will be able to watch a VENUS transit with their own eyes. Title update

VENUS*

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ive been anticipating watching this for months!
And now that the day is here, its cloudy and rainy where I am, and I cant see a thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
...as opposed to someone else's eyes?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isabelx
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ive been anticipating watching this for months!
And now that the day is here, its cloudy and rainy where I am, and I cant see a thing.

You can always tune in with your Vibrations to see if you feel anything different during the period. Sorry to hear you cannot see it visually but again you can try to catch/feel the combined focused vibrations from SOL thru VENUS on EA*RTH. Good luck Isabelx

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
...as opposed to someone else's eyes?

I think that was title related shai hulud
But you can always try to take a look with your 3rd eye lol, good catch

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i've been alive for the Harmonic Convergence...the 75 year Halley Comet return..
but sadly the Venus Transit will be obscured from my field of sight as it is raining here in S Carolina

back in Phoenix i did experience a Solar eclipse... the air became cooler And every light apprature between the leaves of the trees produced a image of the Eclipse.... i stood there amazed while thousands of miniature eclipsed Suns were cast on the block fence around the property perimeter, in the 'shade' of the tree...

it was a classic pin-hole camera effect provided by Nature !

i guess i will survive not witnessing the Venus Transit in this 105 year cycle
(2004 & 2012 are the tandem Venus transits across the Sun in this 105 year event)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

i've been alive for the Harmonic Convergence...the 75 year Halley Comet return..

And here I have been thinking it was a musical group, the Harmonica Virgins. (ba dum dump)
Saw Halley's too.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
but sadly the Venus Transit will be obscured from my field of sight as it is raining here in S Carolina

back in Phoenix i did experience a Solar eclipse... the air became cooler And every light apprature between the leaves of the trees produced a image of the Eclipse.... i stood there amazed while thousands of miniature eclipsed Suns were cast on the block fence around the property perimeter, in the 'shade' of the tree...

it was a classic pin-hole camera effect provided by Nature !

i guess i will survive not witnessing the Venus Transit in this 105 year cycle
(2004 & 2012 are the tandem Venus transits across the Sun in this 105 year event)

My friend St Udio, you may not see it with your visual eyes but you can try to FEEL if anything the differences in the EA*RTHs field as VENUS moves by. I havent got to see the comet twice during my life time here but I was present during the 86 fly by. I am 1 who loves the celestials and their influences VENUS is my guiding planet in relation to star signs ect. So I tend to enjoy its DAWNING activities. If your 3d perception eyes miss it hopefully someone will provide some decent visual presentation of it for you to observe.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

TRANSIT OF VENUS: No one reading this will still be alive the next time Venus crosses the sun in Dec. 2117. That makes today special. On June 5th at 3:09 pm PDT, the second planet begins its historic 7-hour transit of the solar disk. Observers on parts of all seven continents (map) will witness something like this:

www.spaceweather.com...
Here is some info on this event on spaceweather.com , and a link to NASA `s live web cast here:
sunearthday.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Thanks bluemooone2.
much appreciated

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Will be tapping into energy to see how my Vibrations/Frequency is effected if at all effected.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
approx -1 hr 47min for AMERICANAZ transition views.

for those who cannot view link below should help/ always remember your 3rd eye can see/feel what the 3d eyes cannot.

links from ATS member Starwise thread here below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sunearthday.nasa.gov...

www.lunarplanner.com...
edit on 6/5/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join