It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Capsule found after being buried earlier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
english.ntdtv.com...
'On Tuesday, a worker found time capsules within the grounds of the Christchurch Cathedral. The statue of John Robert Godley, the Irish founder of the city, had fallen off its plinth during the quake.'

The capsule was found underneath a statue of John Robert Godley after it fell in the earthquake,It contained a bottle with a parchment and a metal capsule.
The capsule was hidden very well and not somewhere where it would likely be found .Could it contain something that was not meant to be found,like a confession of sorts or a warning about a future earthquake.Wait and see i guess and hope the details are not tampered with.
edit on 2-3-2011 by 12voltz because: of the statue

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ya I heard about this.

It apparently contained an old Run Dmc album and some photos of a Delorean.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
cool story keep us posted on developments... exciting... so how old is that statue?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

That's fascinating! I've always loved time capsules and sounds like that one was meant to stay hidden for a good long while! Can't wait to see what it says.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

The statue was erected in 1867 and i guess the capsule would have been placed under it then,so about 144 years ago.Interesting to see what the message in a bottle reveals.Hopefully something interesting

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun
Ya I heard about this.

It apparently contained an old Run Dmc album and some photos of a Delorean.

hahahhaah i used your quote on my fb. hahah thats funny

i think its like a metaphysical . "DISCLOSURE" to the founder. saying its official. we take it back and where is your city now?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
There were actually two time capsules - one was glass (broken) with a paper scroll roled up and the other what looked to be a metal container which was still sealed. Both capsules were taken to the Museam.

We will just have to wait for their interesting rusults.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Have no fear. No matter what is in it, some will always say they are hiding something and a new conspiracy will be born from thin air based on nothing. Before long it will be incorporated into the grand conspiracies like 2012 or it will be rumored to contain info on the Illuminati. This is how Urban Myths are born.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join