It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Cent & Kanye release songs with a same verse on June, 16th 2009. ("6/16"/09) (FIXED)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Oops lol... Working on fixing this.

edit on 1-3-2011 by Skate because: give me 15 minutes? or so

edit on 1-3-2011 by Skate because: (no reason given)

Okay so 50 Cent's "In Da Club" music video and Kanye West's "Good Life" music video both dropped on YouTube on June 16th, 2009. Now June is the 6th month of the year and the following numbers is 616. I know that means something with hell or something but I am not sure. It just looked a little too coincidental because both artists are said to have sold their souls. As a matter of fact I know they did lol.. But yeah, at about 2:57 into the "In Da Club" music video, 50 Cent says, "I'm a tell you what Banks told me cause go 'head switch the style up. If the ni***s hate then let 'em hate. Watch the money pile up ". I wouldn't be surprised if Lloyd Banks, to whom he's referring too, released a music video on that day saying someone told him to let the ****** hate and watch the money pile up.

Kanye West in his music video posted below with 50's video, wrote these lyrics which you can hear starting at 1:25 into the video: "50 told me go 'head switch the style up And if they hate then let 'em hate And watch the money pile up, the good life". Doesn't it sound a little fishy to you that they had to say something like that? It's like saying "We sold our souls and live the good life now! Yay!
"

50 Cent - In Da Club

Kanye West - Good Life

Tell me what you think about this. My friend pointed this out today while watching old rap videos.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Skate because: Finished!

edit on 1-3-2011 by Skate because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by Skate because: added time to skip to for lyrics of kanye's verse

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
dont waste my time like that again

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Speaking of, 50 Cent and Kanye both suck incredible amounts.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Kanye's last album was really good. Kanye is questionable. Very few of both of them's songs, I like.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I thought "in da club" came out somewhere around 2003 or something.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Speaking of, 50 Cent and Kanye both suck incredible amounts.

i'm floored by your incredible insight and contribution to this thread white flu.

it's interesting and a talking point because they both have a huge influence on people, whether you like them or not, and because there's all kinds of these weird allusions and dark references to NWO # (jay-z also), and not the way tupac used to talk about the "NWO". jay-z, kanye, 50 cent and others all seem to enjoy having have sold their souls and enjoy that their success means taking from others and, in a way, controlling how they think
edit on 2-3-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
reply to post by Whine Flu

Kanye's last album was really good. Kanye is questionable. Very few of both of them's songs, I like.

I dunno, it was probably his worst. I can't take anyone seriously when they rhyme "screwed up" with "screwed up" 3 times.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Whine Flu because: you touch boys in their sleep.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

reply to post by shagreen heart

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS. people always just reply with my avatar, someone tell me why?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

In some ancient copies of revelations 616 is the mark of the beast. Instead of 666. So there's the significance for that. But those are just YouTube dates, not release dates. Kanye was actually alluding to 50s line, that's why he says, "50 told me." In rap, artists often borrow other artists rhymes or phrases and sometimes even give a "shout out" to the original artist.
But what are you listening to 50 Cent and Kanye West for anyways?
Peace!
edit on 2-3-2011 by TheFuzzMonster because: It had to be filled out

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Do they have the same writers/promotions people perhaps? Seems like a selling tool to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Obviously you didn't even bother to do any research on this before posting, in da club wasn't released in 2009 it was many years before that.. Anyway As with first post.. Waste of time..

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX

Do they have the same writers/promotions people perhaps? Seems like a selling tool to me.

lost. all i see is my avatar in the post.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

LOL sorry bro. I was kinda in a rush to post this after I mistakenly posted the thread with only the subject typed up. I know these songs and videos originally came out quite a while ago. I forgot to add that the videos were released under a certain YOUTUBE username, ending with "VEVO". Sorry lol

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Probably their GHOST WRITER sold them the same lyrics by mistake.

You dont think rappers at that level sit around thinking up lyrics do you?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

wtf is going on. >.>

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Kanye was quoting 50 cent. That is no conspiracy.

Also, no way Kanye sold his soul, he is too much of a tool and crybaby. 50 Cent got shot up and had the NDE, so maybe he had the opportunity, but I doubt it. Snoop Dogg's "Murder Was the Case" talks about him selling his soul, but it is just a song.

I don't buy into the crap that any of these musicians had any special magical powers. They might sell their soul to the music industry and be taken advantage of by the real moguls, that really are evil, but it is not supernatural.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If I see kanye 50 or jayz mentioned in this forum again , I'm going to get vexed .
lol
They are overated over paid garbage .
Why don't we talk about real hip hop intelligent hip hop ?
You knows mc's who actually research and investigate different cultures and alternative theories and mix with all walks of life .

The rza , Killah priest , warcloud, immortal technique , rass kass , Guru (rip ) Masta ace , KRS _ Jeru the Damaja Chuck D

in 20 years noone will be talking about people like 50 because he makes pop music not hip hop .
REAL mcs transcend artforms and become legends .
50 kanye and jayz are symbols of what went wrong with hip hop in my opinion .

one of the greatest tracks of all time .......
Gangstarr Moment of truth .
www.youtube.com...

RZA the abbot sunshower
www.youtube.com...

Yours truly .
Doomsday Love To All .
www.youtube.com...

Peace Postive Energy And Concscious Exsistence

edit on 2-3-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
Okay so 50 Cent's "In Da Club" music video...

Wait. I thought the song was called 'In Da Chub'. I figured that mush-mouth was singing about being a plump-humper.

Anyhow, I am sure Kanye thought of it first. We all know that he is a fishstick-loving genius.

top topics

join