It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any tips on Japan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I'll be traveling to Japan in a couple of months. This is a dream i've been wanting to realize since a good 10-12 years ago. I should be going there for three to four months and I'm wondering if anyone has some advice on traveling there :

Any suggestion of places, cities or towns to go?
Any tips on housing while I'm there?
Any tips on how to save money?
Any tips on meeting locals in Japan?
Any suggestions on what to bring to hosts?

I'm currently planning on renting an appartment while im there, apparently you can find many appartments for 70000-90000 yens a month.

I will also be doing a farming exchange thing, that should be pretty cool, picking rice in fields, weeding, shoveling cow dung, etc. It'll sure be a change from the day to day of office working. For this type of stay, I'll be living with a host family, hence the question on what to bring to hosts.

Budget is somewhat an issue, i'd like to keep it under 900 000 yen (around 7000-7500 $ canadian), so any tips on saving money are especially welcomed.

Thanks!

Wowbagger

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wowbagger

i lived there for a year and have a cabin in the mountains of nagano still.

im happy to help you hook up with some gaijin over there to help you find your way. PM me for my email address.

i recommend seeing the usual sites, but then just get lost. wander down some side streets and find hidden temples everywhere.

japan is an awesome country of paradoxes and beauty. plus the girls... OH the girls!!! (:

ja mata atarashi tomodachi !

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

i like you okamitengu... you're the nice and cool friend that this guy needs. ill be living in Japan as soon as i have finished my Bachelors. maybe ill still remember this post and ask for some advice from you

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i have no problems helping other fill thier japan lust, and i am somewhat of an expert on visas.. having messed with it for my own needs !!

pm me here or search for my username on facebook.

if there are any questions that come up specifically that everyone would benefit form knowing, i'll come back and paste question and answer here for all..

(L:

new topics

top topics

join