It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theicc
I'm really proud of this court for standing up to the pressure of mindless "Christians" and barring them from indoctrinating an innocent life with their hate filled religion.

It's interesting to me that Christians get to pick and choose what parts of the Bible to follow - you don't see many interested in throwing their daughters to be raped by a mob, smashing babies against rocks or repenting for eating shellfish. If you do something as terrible as being born gay though, Christians will have a major problem with that. Isn't it interesting how Jesus never said anything against homosexuality? Look it up, it was all against lustfulness. Homophobic, insecure "Christians" distort the message though and believe the one out of the old testament.

You don't get to pick and choose, it's all or nothing. Throw your daughters out to be raped and hate homosexuals or don't do either.

While you are correct to point to the hypocricy of many Christians. Some of what you refer to needs to be considered in context. Yes that is necessary for Christians as well who pull scriptures out of context to defend all manner of behaviors.

Additionally it is also important to remember that just because something is in scripture does not mean it is there for a positive example, some Biblical accounts are there to demonstrate the negative consequences of actions.

It is unfortunant that there now seems to be some sort of religious litmus test ( at least in th OP) to assist children in need.

Once again children suffer because adults act like idiots.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
reply to post by The Djin

* Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

* Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

* 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

* Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

You have a choice to believe in God or not.

Those that do believe in Him follow the Bible and this is some of what it says about being Gay.

We have to a choice, simple as!

Homeosexuality in this passage is the judgment."For this reason" go back and read the passage to see what this reason is.... The reson and the consequence is repeated at least three times in the last portion of that chapter.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Jesus never said a word about homosexuality. Jesus also hung out with 12 guys and never married. Hmmmm.....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Oh give them back the child....because according to all of us the child is screwed either way.
I am a Homosexual and I practice my homosexuality to the fullest
. Can you say that about your Christianity? I mean let's take a Buddhist for example. A buddhist will find a fly in the house and gently lead it back outside, what would a Christian do?.....run around the house with a fly swatter because it does not belong in doors. Hey it is gods creature. Practice what you preach to the fullest then! Or pick and choose what you like or don't like as usual!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

I am a Christian, and proud of being one.

Good for you. You've decided to let the church decide your morals and ethics and whatever else for you.

Ah, well then I have to accept that your pity comes in the form of venom. Yes, venom. You call us close minded, well, we are to a point indeed that. You also follow that same vein of hypocracy do you not?

You only call it venom, because you don't understand. Pity and hate are virtually exclusive. You fail to discern their meaning and how they interact with each other.

Who is this "us" are you representing, did they give you authorization to do that?

I didn't say "close-minded" in fact I'm 100% sure I didn't say that. I'll just have to conclude that this is, yet again, another attempt to completely lie and make up things I said.

BTW, if you agree that you are close-minded...then you have no place to argue against it...even though I never said that.

There is no hypocrisy on my part. I have remained constant. You and the other haters keep lying, making up fake facts, and trying to turn everything into a personal attack.

If you come into a religious topic, and use religion against me, and then tell me I cannot use the bible, then you are a hypocrite...pure and simple. I was merely pointing that out to your gay-hating peer Christian Voice. But you choose to act like I said it out of spite, instead of righteous indignation.

Inequality in the form of not allowing a Christian family to raise a child is much the same as the inequality of not allowing a Muslim family to foster a child as well...

They didn't get denied because of their religion, they got denied because they are gay-haters. So, your example is nonsense and lacks any semblance of cogent structure or relevance.

Oh wait. Nope. Doesn't get much attention does it. Pity? Pity like we are incapable and hobble along in life as a broken machine?

Are you making a point, or trying to wax poetic?
You've failed on both accounts.

I'm doing quite well, definately do not need any pity, nor any other Christian that I know. We have God. He supports us, not the pity of the masses. Apologies if this offends, but it is our truth, not yours, you have your truth, we have ours.

I don't need you or other Christians permission to feel pity for you. I feel pity for anyone that cannot think for themselves.

LMAO, you are talking nonsense with your "god support pity" statement. It's funny how you think you can know the mind or actions of a being who is allegedly all-knowing and all-powerful.

You haven't spoken any truth, you are just making up slightly philosophical or spiritual sounding phrases and then passing them off as some kind of relevant statement.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

Let's see, there was David and Jonathan, and Ruth and Naomi....homosexual activity in the Bible.Wasn't David a King? Jesus never said a word about homosexuality. It always seemed strange to me that Jesus hung out with 12 men, and never married.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I'd have to agree with one of your statements for sure..."Thats humans for ya". Its completely true. I do try and follow all prinicples of the Bible, to my understanding, which in turn is bound to be flawed in some manner, some of my understanding I believe and understand to be spot on to what the aim of serving Christ is.

But to make my point, humans err. Christians as well. We all allow our own vendettas or thoughts or greed or what-have-you shadow over the goal of our existance (if you believe humanity to have a reason for existance)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Can you show me absolute proof that homosexuals are not born that way? 100% absolute proof?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
* Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

* Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them

I can read this as.....
it is okay to tell lies to a woman just don't tell those lies to a male....lol
Hey.... it is "my" interpretation!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by IronArm

I am a Christian, and proud of being one.

Good for you. You've decided to let the church decide your morals and ethics and whatever else for you.

Ah, well then I have to accept that your pity comes in the form of venom. Yes, venom. You call us close minded, well, we are to a point indeed that. You also follow that same vein of hypocracy do you not?

You only call it venom, because you don't understand. Pity and hate are virtually exclusive. You fail to discern their meaning and how they interact with each other.

Who is this "us" are you representing, did they give you authorization to do that?

I didn't say "close-minded" in fact I'm 100% sure I didn't say that. I'll just have to conclude that this is, yet again, another attempt to completely lie and make up things I said.

BTW, if you agree that you are close-minded...then you have no place to argue against it...even though I never said that.

There is no hypocrisy on my part. I have remained constant. You and the other haters keep lying, making up fake facts, and trying to turn everything into a personal attack.

If you come into a religious topic, and use religion against me, and then tell me I cannot use the bible, then you are a hypocrite...pure and simple. I was merely pointing that out to your gay-hating peer Christian Voice. But you choose to act like I said it out of spite, instead of righteous indignation.

Inequality in the form of not allowing a Christian family to raise a child is much the same as the inequality of not allowing a Muslim family to foster a child as well...

They didn't get denied because of their religion, they got denied because they are gay-haters. So, your example is nonsense and lacks any semblance of cogent structure or relevance.

Oh wait. Nope. Doesn't get much attention does it. Pity? Pity like we are incapable and hobble along in life as a broken machine?

Are you making a point, or trying to wax poetic?
You've failed on both accounts.

I'm doing quite well, definately do not need any pity, nor any other Christian that I know. We have God. He supports us, not the pity of the masses. Apologies if this offends, but it is our truth, not yours, you have your truth, we have ours.

I don't need you or other Christians permission to feel pity for you. I feel pity for anyone that cannot think for themselves.

LMAO, you are talking nonsense with your "god support pity" statement. It's funny how you think you can know the mind or actions of a being who is allegedly all-knowing and all-powerful.

You haven't spoken any truth, you are just making up slightly philosophical or spiritual sounding phrases and then passing them off as some kind of relevant statement.

Where did I use religion as a weapon against you? Where did I say you cannot use the Bible? And as for the comment about the gay-haters.. Does the Qu'ran not speak of homosexuality as an atrocity in the eyes of Allah? that makes Muslims gay-haters too does it not? This was just a comment to follow up on several others notes about Muslims not being acknowlaged as another group that does not approve, yet is not condoned.

And as for believing that all I am involved with and do is dictaded by a church or "The Church" or religion...you sir are now the one making lies based on assumption. Cannot think for myself? Am I mindless drone in your enlightened eyes? Are all Christians? A wide brush you use, a wide brush indeed.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

to have children together... to bring up children knowing that a man and woman are supposed to be together not man and man....

Who says so ? An invisible misogynistic bigot that lives in the sky by any chance ?

Who says two men or two women are normal, only someone that has no moral beliefs that's who. And if you even try to go there and say you have moral beliefs, than your a liar to yourself.
I'm sick and tired of all the b.s. that goes on in this forum of nothing more than a lot of justifiers. There's many good people on here, and then there are the loonies, with their weird or sick ideas.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It clearly says on lots of occasions that being Gay is wrong and definately not a good thing etc.

Although you seemed to have omitted the bit where the persons doing the "definitely not a good thing" should be put to death, the courts did not. Needless to say it's not necessarily a "good thing" to hand over children to xtian foster parents.

Incidentally, if your god told you to kill me would you do it ? Yes or No.

Anybody claiming that a homo should be killed is an idiot. It's the act and practice that is not moral. You don't condemn the person you condemn the act. No one has a right to kill anyone.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Show me anything that shows proof positive, I mean proof beyond the shadow of any doubt that people are born gay. You cannot. I can however show you proof positive that people are born heterosexual. Look all around, see the booming population?

Yes my friend, look around at the booming population. That is proof that society has heterosexuals within it. It does not mean that homosexuals are not. You cannot prove someone's sexual attraction. Only they know. I prefer brunettes to blonds, and red heads over brunettes, but I love them all.

While society has proof that there are heterosexuals, it does not prove that YOU are heterosexual. Should we take you are your word? Can you prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt to another?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Remember the Flood anyone?

Ahem. evidence anyone ?

God and only God will be the judge of everyone on this planet, and if people have to learn the hard way because of the hardening of hearts, than so it shall be.

And the evidence is there and has been proven, not only that, in American Native Indian, Mayan, Egyptian, Polynesian, and others they all have a story of a great flood. The evidence is there, you just have to be willing to look rather than look the other way to justify a sick perverted and vile life style.
edit on 1-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

How the hell am i supposed to react to that! It is absolutly disgusting! and he did not even have the guts to tell me what he meant. I have no time for people like that and their hate spreading!

I'm reluctant to say this here on ATS for fear that my deeper thoughts will prompt the the most ignoramus replies from the more cranially vacant of the lords' sheeple and result in furthe mind numbing bible thumping posts.

However seeing how the clowns have pissed you off so much I thought I would let you consider a thought that I toy with.

Could it not be the case that these people are not spreading hate but are uncontrollably responding to their deep seated fears ?

Are they not a little like Fox Mulder in that they really want to believe ? Somewhere deep deep inside them they bury the truth which is they really don't, their community tells them they should, they have been indoctrinated to think so. By trying to convince others that they do they continue to reinforce the lie burrowing inside them inevitably coming face to face with the screaming truth, they don't really believe.

I often consider when my Dad died a slow lingering death ending in exhausted acceptance embraced in a womb of terror, the end of his own existence. It is so difficult to imagine being that person at that moment in time it really is hard and very upsetting if you test your imagination.
His last words, prompted by another were "I don't believe all that --" then My dad was no more just a yellowy blue skin and boney thing, no more than a rag on sticks.

Logic and reason will often times take us down dark alleyways we would prefer not to walk unfortunately, the wondrous toy that is imagination which had served us so well when we were young, seems often to be clung to by some to bury the screaming fear of finality.

Darwins' world can be a very scary world and one cannot help but wonder if evolving to to understand the inevitability of our own death is collateral damage we could well do without.

Could it be that the hate spreading christian is really a sleeper clinging to the comfort the dream world while morning is dawning and so is the awareness of another 24 hours of life happening to them ?

Just a thought, I really don't think we are born hateful, perhaps its just a defense response.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm really proud of this court for standing up to the pressure of mindless "Christians" and barring them from indoctrinating an innocent life with their hate filled religion.

It's interesting to me that Christians get to pick and choose what parts of the Bible to follow - you don't see many interested in throwing their daughters to be raped by a mob, smashing babies against rocks or repenting for eating shellfish. If you do something as terrible as being born gay though, Christians will have a major problem with that. Isn't it interesting how Jesus never said anything against homosexuality? Look it up, it was all against lustfulness. Homophobic, insecure "Christians" distort the message though and believe the one out of the old testament.

You don't get to pick and choose, it's all or nothing. Throw your daughters out to be raped and hate homosexuals or don't do either.

Your misquoting scripture, No Jesus never mentioned homosexuals He mentioned lust which covers all lewd sexual acts including homosexuality in both sexes.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Anybody claiming that a homo should be killed is an idiot. It's the act and practice that is not moral. You don't condemn the person you condemn the act. No one has a right to kill anyone.

Then perhaps you would be good enough to take it up with the distributors of bibles in order that they may edit this sort of filth out before the next edition goes into circulation and lands on the laps of children.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ummm... and telling a small child that putting your peepee in the pooper is not indoctrination?
A child should not be exposed to such things, a child should be too busy being a child

When I was a child I didn't think of either side of the sex fence, I thought of just going outside and playing tag, or hide and go seek, or my father teaching me how to play soccer and how to use a telescope, he taught me to study hard and never go to sleep if I didn't learn anything throughout the day.

But no... it's too early to tell children about hetero sex but not too early for homosexual sex
How is that not indoctrination?????

That seems to be a big problem these days, children can't just be children anymore. The exploitation of children is just so horrible and so rampant.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree, but I do have to say that at age 3, I had a crush on a girl from swim class, and it lasted until after high school! At age 4, I would hide behind some closet doors and kiss the little girl from across the street (she was 6, and I hated that she got to go to school and I didn't. I was already jealous at that age!). At age 5, my favorite game was "catch and kiss" on the playground. (Probably illegal nowadays.)

So, some kids do think about sex from a very early age.

The first time I felt "like a man" was at age 7 when a little neighbor boy cuddled up and fell asleep on my arm watching Scooby Doo after school. I wasn't sexually attracted to him whatsoever, but I did feel like a "protector" and I knew that would be my role for the rest of my life. I have always been "attracted" to females, and I have always been a masculine "protector" for anybody weaker than myself.

So, masculine and feminine roles are influenced at a very young age, and we should be careful how children are raised.
edit on 28-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

I'm sure it was in a very innocent way that you were this way when you were a kid and not in a sexual way. There is a difference, if it was in a sexual way, and I'm not judging you personally, but children that have sexual thoughts at a very young age is a sign of sexual abuse.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

And the evidence is there and has been proven,

Feel free to provide sources of this proof, yes I do have all day

not only that,

in American Native Indian, Mayan, Egyptian, Polynesian, and others they all have a story of a great flood.

Countless flood stories do indeed exist however there is no evidence of the entire planet being flooded.

However if if we grant you that it is true then apply your reasoning, that as other peoples stories confirm the reality of your biblical flood then this causes a problem for you.

Flood stories like Gilgamesh predate biblical stories and as you are aware these people had their own gods so by your own reasoning these gods are very real thus making you my friend an atheist by proxy.

The evidence is there, you just have to be willing to look rather than look the other way to justify a sick perverted and vile life style.

Dude no one on this planet need justify their lifestyle least of all to you, do you criticize the character jesus equally , because surely a homophobe such as your self could easily spot his rather gay attributes a mile off ?

Is there a bit of bugger in you dying to get out of the closet my friend ?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join