It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adult only threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Would it be possible to make section on the board that are restricted to people over 18 or 21 years old?

Just asking
edit on 27-2-2011 by St-Patrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

How would you prove age?
Credit card details or something?

IMO there are already enough AO sites on the net..
I say keep ATS clean and family orientated.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes Credit Card for age verification.

What's an AO site?
edit on 28-2-2011 by St-Patrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What's an AO site?

Adult Only...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Can't do that.

It will only be open to about seven people.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick
Would it be possible to make section on the board that are restricted to people over 18 or 21 years old?

Just asking

And how would a member prove beyond reasonable doubt to be of required age?
I don't think this accomplishes anything.
Why do you ask and do you have any kinky stuff in mind?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Adult does not necessarily means kinky!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Just asking

And how would a member prove beyond reasonable doubt to be of required age?
I don't think this accomplishes anything.
Why do you ask and do you have any kinky stuff in mind?

Geeze buddy, you just single handedly shut down all of the 18+ sites on the internet, didn't you?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Earlier today we had a thread about the pineal gland, the consciousness and the ancient Egyptian.
When we talk about the pineal gland, we cannot put aside the '___', wich is a schedule 1 substance as per USA laws, but also is a natural substance we all have in our brains.

That thread was closed by a mod because ATS is a family oriented forum.

This is the reason I ask if it is possible to have adult only sections.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

IMO there are already enough AO sites on the net..
I say keep ATS clean and family orientated.

Clean and family oriented. ha!

Plenty of profanity and obscenity slips thru with sexual innuendos and adult subjects discussed here at ATS.

However even little kids these days are aware of AO and can access them just like you can; and they do.
Childhood innocence died with the advent and popularity of Playboy, if it even ever existed.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Its not the age of the members that is the problem in my opinion, but the lack of continuity where enforcement of the family friendly nature of this site is concerned. I do not see how being informed of the uses of various chemicals can possibly break this unwritten code, and yet countless animal mutilation threads can feature the gruesome photographs of ruined livestock, with its skin peeled back, ribs and organs exposed, and so on and so forth.
I personly know very few ten year olds who could deal with those images, they are not family friendly. Hell, my mother cannot STAND them, and shes 59 soon!! How mere descriptions of the neurochemical after effects of ingesting substances can be less family friendly than a picture or ten of the corpse of "Daisy" the unfortunate cow, I have no idea whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Earlier today we had a thread about the pineal gland, the consciousness and the ancient Egyptian.
When we talk about the pineal gland, we cannot put aside the '___', wich is a schedule 1 substance as per USA laws, but also is a natural substance we all have in our brains.

I missed that thread
I like reading about the Egyptians and this sounds like it would have been a good one.

They don't always close threads that are discussing that topic. It depends on how the thread is discussed if it it closed. If people start talking about personal use it will get closed and I wish people would stop being idiots in that regard because there have been a few good threads in the Alternative Substances forum that have been closed because of that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks for your input.

You see my friend that's exactly what happen. Some of us started talking about our personal experiences with '___' and that's when the MOD close the thread. The guy just did his job. I would have done the same.

I have nothing against ATS closing threads that do not follow ATS rules.
I like this place and I do my best to obey those rules but sometime it is kinda hard when you want to make a point or explain things from a personal point of view.

That is why I am asking for an Adult Only section on ATS.

Keeping my fingers cross!

Edited: By the way that thread last for just a couple of hours.

edit on 28-2-2011 by St-Patrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

#
shud have posted it in rats. might have been ok there.....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i agree with the op. its not that i think that they are less mature, or less intelligent.

they are just younger, and have less life expericance with certain things. some of wich they will comment on anyways.

It would be nice to talk about certain things and, foolish things we used to do, without making a negative impression on them.

not sure if im getting my point across.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I dont think it possible to control. With just basic searching, any dirty word or body part or slang term for it...will produce X-rated pictures. Even an 8 yr old can type in something like "BOOTY" and get adult pictures.
How would there be any way to assure only adults were looking in? I dont think you could.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That would eliminate some of the younger mindes and their thought processes...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would like to have some inputs from ATS mods.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

We have a policy to not allow threads discussing illegal activities including drug use. This is why the thread was likely closed, etc. It's in the Terms and Conditions. We did experiment for a while, in allowing drug posts in the RATS forum, but then it became insane where almost every thread was about the topic.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Reminds me of a time I searched Google images for "Brazillian Girls" (the band, for a remix I made)
I was at work...had to close that window QUICK! There are other sites that discuss the same topics but allow a lttle more freedom of speech...no disrespect to ATS, they have the right to create their own guidelines of course and I'm sure they have good (and legal) reasons. But you could start a discussion on the topic elsewhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join