It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets are for schoolgirls.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have always been intrigued by the Freemasons, their secret symbols and rituals that seem to point to some knowledge of the pyramids fascinates me. Despite decades of curiosity I have never sought membership, joining any "exclusive" group being repulsive to me. I have purchased and read books, found information on the internet, satisfied my curiosity in small doses, I'm in no hurry.
Perhaps someone can explain why any man feels the need or the right to withold information from another when that information pertains to everyone. Are the lessons you teach in the lodge too valuable to share with children in Africa? Would the world not be a better place if everyone shared the same vision?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe that certain knowledge might be dangerous in the wrong hands. Knowledge=Power and Power in the wrong hands leads to corruption.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeflight

Yes, its been down, the leaders and would be corporate dicators have behaved like 2 years olds, misled, and lied to by entities and they've done just that. They need to make U-Turns.

Everything needs to be transparent, shared and open, and all the miscreants given their packing orders or conversion to the Light & Love orders, for this world is going to heal. I see spring, warmth, natural heritage seeds overtaking their poisons, the pole reversal healed and everyone waking up to love and equality and clean energy.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Maybe just maybe there are no really big huge secrets but to keep the illusion alive makes them all feel important. Playground stuff like *I know something you don't know*.
If it ever came common knowledge that they have no big earth shattering secret then how stupid would they look. Some people like to play at being important and others need to feel they have a place in society with like minded individuals. Boy scouts come to mind.
This is not my honest opinion just a thought that MAYBE there is nothing,

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Perhaps someone can explain why any man feels the need or the right to withold information from another when that information pertains to everyone.

Not all truisms conform to what individuals are prepared to perceive as possible.

Would the world not be a better place if everyone shared the same vision?

If everyone had the same exact opinion, would I lose my individuality?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
I believe that certain knowledge might be dangerous in the wrong hands. Knowledge=Power and Power in the wrong hands leads to corruption.

You are exactly right, is the group in question free of corruption?
As for your beliefs, the word "I" being the clue there, what special talent do you have for identifying the "wrong" from the rightous"

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by somsom

You deny that perception before the fact by assuming a response. Should I tear the table of elements off my childs wall so he doesn't build a hydrogen bomb?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I too believe that very thing. I have a great deal of knowledge on many subjects, and some of it could be destructive to human beings and property. I also have a lot off Occult knowledge, which, in the wrong hands could produce a backlash. So these things I keep to myself. I don't belong to a secret society either, unless you call a bunch of car nuts talking cars a society.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You are exactly right, is the group in question free of corruption?
As for your beliefs, the word "I" being the clue there, what special talent do you have for identifying the "wrong" from the rightous"

I guess that the group in question has a bit of both for we are not perfect even myself as a individual has a bit of both good and evil. So a entire group of millions I feel confident in saying that there are probably a few bad seeds.

As for special talents I only have the knowledge of good and evil, and that knowledge is up for interpretation by the individual.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by somsom

You deny that perception before the fact by assuming a response.

I think your response is a little too ambigious for me. I'm unsure what perception before the fact I have denied by assuming whatever it was I assumed in relation to what response. Was this in reference to my previously posted statement of:
Not all truisms conform to what individuals are prepared to perceive as possible. ?

Should I tear the table of elements off my childs wall so he doesn't build a hydrogen bomb?

I don't think the analogy is a fair comparison.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

do you want to know how hard it is to get those precious secrets? Ask. That's all. Just come up to any freemason and ask him for a petition. We would be happy to share the knowledge we have with everyone. What we teach is all found online and in books. There is no secrets to understanding the cosmos that we impart directly. And I doubt I could put the big picture in words anyway. The thing we have that's exclusive, is the way we teach the lessons. The same things can and are learned through many different avenues. Honestly, I think the people who worry about what the secrets are, put themselves through much unneeded stress. All we offer is a window to your soul. What you do with that is up to you.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Perhaps someone can explain why any man feels the need or the right to withold information from another when that information pertains to everyone.
Well, let's start with your assumptions. What information do you think we're withholding, and why do you assume it pertains to everyone?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Well, let's start with your assumptions. What information do you think we're withholding, and why do you assume it pertains to everyone?

I think any and all information related to the history of this planet, it's inhabitants and any structures or text left for future generations are the property of all mankind, without exception.
I believe you have information relative to Giza and Jerusalem which is not public knowledge.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I think any and all information related to the history of this planet, it's inhabitants and any structures or text left for future generations are the property of all mankind, without exception.
I believe you have information relative to Giza and Jerusalem which is not public knowledge.
Well, you'd be mistaken. Masonry has no such knowledge and is keeping no such secret. That's neither who we are nor what we're about. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Mm the "Secrets" never really cross my mind until someone asks what the "Secrets" are. If you join for the "Secrets" you'd be sadly disappointed ... many join for many reasons.. some like me just because they were curious, others to find "Secrets", others to meet people.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

joining any "exclusive" group being repulsive to me.

With a perspective like that, I'm sure the masons or any other "secret society" aren't crying over the loss. Perhaps some day you can come down off of that pedestal you fancy yourself on and realize that some things are EARNED, including and especially wisdom. Why, you ask? Because people tend not to cherish and respect those things that are just handed to them. If that's what you want, go stand in line with the rest of the entitlement crowd looking for handouts.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

With a perspective like that, I'm sure the masons or any other "secret society" aren't crying over the loss. Perhaps some day you can come down off of that pedestal you fancy yourself on and realize that some things are EARNED, including and especially wisdom. Why, you ask? Because people tend not to cherish and respect those things that are just handed to them. If that's what you want, go stand in line with the rest of the entitlement crowd looking for handouts.

Touché, but he does have a point. I share his opinion but I would have said it differently. For me it is against my personal beliefs to join any such organization when envisioning the conflicts of interest and dilemmas that may arise. I prefer to be free in stead of bound to a certain body with many rules I don't even understand or know about, requiring me to do weird oaths and whatnot.

reply to op: The secrecy finds its roots in history. You might know that the Freemasons (then Knights Templar) were almost wiped out some 1000 years ago and the only way to continue their existence was to go underground..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by raknjak
reply to op: The secrecy finds its roots in history. You might know that the Freemasons (then Knights Templar) were almost wiped out some 1000 years ago and the only way to continue their existence was to go underground..
And, of course, more recently the likes of Hitler, Mussolini and Saddam Hussein all rounded up Freemasons and executed them. Funny thing how a bunch of free wheeling, free spirited, free thinkers tend to get fascists, tyrants and even Popes gunning for us.
(We must be doing something right to scare them so much...)
edit on 2011.3.1 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

It is people like you that make these organizations repulsive. "Go stand in line with the rest of the entitlement crowd looking for handouts" ??????????
As to your ridiculous statement about earning wisdom I have spent my entire life in a quest for knowledge and truth, a journey you have clearly not taken. Unlike the others who have replied to my post you are disrespectful and rude, your opinion means absolutely nothing to me so please, in the future, keep it to yourself.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

If that is truly the case I apologize for insinuating otherwise but numerous sources link the masons with the pyramid (at the very least as a symbol) and Hiram Abiff's link to the temple is well known.
As to the question of secrecy numerous oaths of silence and implied penalties indicate the desire to conceal information, the penalties implied are severe enough to make mafia omerta seem like childs play.
Frankly, standing blindfolded with a blade poking my chest while someone threatens to burn my bowels is a real turn off for me, I just can't reconcile the stated purpose of the organization with it's archaic rituals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join