It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Monsanto is big. You can’t win. We will get you. You will pay"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

By all means, my friend, copy and paste away. Thank you for joining us in this fight.

Yes, Monsanto is huge, but as Lucidity stated earlier, David beat Goliath. Every runner stumbles, and all giants fall. We can wait for them to fall on their own, or we can use their weight against them, and bring down their fall.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Do you have any idea how many times, and for how long our Founders petitioned King George before revolution broke out?

A youtube video goes viral of a protests
where they are throwing bags of Monsanto Seeds
into the ocean. A Boston Seed Party.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

A youtube video goes viral of a protests where they are throwing bags of Monsanto Seeds into the ocean. A Boston Seed Party.

While Thomas Paine's Common Sense wasn't published until the Revolution was underway, that book had a profound effect on the American people and their view of revolution. Perhaps we should get to work on writing its sequel; Uncommon Sense, reminding the people that this nation is, after all, founded on freedom from tyrannical rule. Corporatism is an insidious tyrant that makes King George look like King Arthur.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
It may well be that Above Top Secret is getting bigger, but that may mean it is getting more apathetic as well. Of course, the biggest problem with actually doing something to bring Monsanto down is that if it succeeded, then what would everyone have to bitch about then?

No problem JPZ I will find something to bitch about, you know as well is I that the American public is apathetic, It may be to late for us. ATS could be a powerful force but like the rest who don't belong to ATS they will do nothing except talk about it, guess what if you talk the talk you also have to walk the walk, we do have the power and therein lies the problem, we have forgotten how to use it and think we can't. George Carlin, may he rest in peace has it right, critical thinking is all but dead in America and without that we will continue to keep our heads in the sand which makes it easier for the controllers to kick us in the you know where.

In the past many things changed by grassroots effort and that has also gone away, we are put in a position of everyday survival, when you have to worry about where your next meal is coming from you can't be out there making the changes necessary to make sure you don't have to worry where that next meal is coming from.

For the first time in my life I am truly worried that we won't survive as a free nation, while the middle east is fighting for freedom we are losing ours.

S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

In the past many things changed by grassroots effort and that has also gone away, we are put in a position of everyday survival, when you have to worry about where your next meal is coming from you can't be out there making the changes necessary to make sure you don't have to worry where that next meal is coming from.

Grassroots has its place, and its power, but usually grassroots movements do not take hold until a few stubborn individuals show the temerity to push that movement forward.

The daily bread of living is a compelling reason to not get involved in struggles that do not directly affect you. However, Monsanto directly affects us all. Monsanto has radically changed the shape of agriculture, and in doing so they have harmed us all. If Monsanto wants to colonize Mars and grow genetically modified crops on Mars, then I support them, but only if and when they do such a thing. In the meantime, they have no right to destroy small farmers in the name of corporatism.

As a legal artifice they are entitled to a certain amount of due process of law. They are, however, not entitled to what real live human beings are entitled to. They do not have rights, they have privileges, and privileges can never trump rights.

If we wait until conditions get so bad that we are just another tumbling domino in a downward spiral, then shame on us. If we choose to do nothing while corporatism spreads like a cancer upon this world, then shame on us. If we fight them now, it is not too late, and the fight is a good fight, because at the moment, it is still shame on them!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

If we wait until conditions get so bad that we are just another tumbling domino in a downward spiral, then shame on us. If we choose to do nothing while corporatism spreads like a cancer upon this world, then shame on us. If we fight them now, it is not too late, and the fight is a good fight, because at the moment, it is still shame on them!

It may not be too late, but who is going to tell the people that. I have been talking about Monsanto for some time without result, most times the answer is, what can I do about it, when I tell them the response is I cannot believe the government would allow this or if they do believe it, they're too busy, too old, too, etc.

I am willing to fight the fight, problem is I cannot do it alone.

My Dad has grown a beautiful garden since I was a child and he is well aware of what is going on, he saves what seeds he can, his herbs, strawberry's, raspberry's, rhubarb and asparagus to name a few come up on their own every year and were well established long before Monsanto. Most who grow their own gardens are aware of the problem and feel helpless.

I will be contacting these jerks also, it's a start.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything back, not sure if any of the posters are still following this. I still havent heard anything back. I know sending letters, and signing petitions is a start but gosh, I just feel like there is more that we can do!

no more gmo!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

I was going to post an update yesterday, but decided it might be best to wait another day. I as well have not received any word from Beau Biden. Of course, none of us are his constituents, and in fairness to him, he may be inundated with emails, and it just takes time to get back to them all. I would think that since we are not from Delaware that we will not be given high priority in response time.

There is also the matter of what we are requesting. I suspect that not many attorney generals get these types of requests often, although I am willing to bet that the attorney general for Delaware gets them more often then most.

In terms of doing more, it would be nice if we as members could begin our own investigations into the business practices of Monsanto. Monsanto is big, and has its nasty tentacles in every state I would imagine. Hell, the world over. No matter where we are, there they are. Each of us can begin looking into how Monsanto has affected the environment and people of our states and begin building a case that would force the attorney general of Delaware to sit up and notice.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Looks like Biden was elected only because no one really cared, there were no big issues, so he is hanging by a thread, for a big enough issue would allow room for others.

How to stop the NWO 1/5

From its opening:

A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle. So said author Kahlil Gibran

His sight has much inspirational videos for fighting NWO, going to police stations and pressing charges, phoning the senator/mla, represtentantive and explaining that there is NO WAY under the sun that you will ever COMPLY with an ILLEGAL bill or statute, it is simply a crime against humanity. If you pass this into existence or don't repeal it, I will work very hard to ensure you never see office again and lose your benefits if possible.

thecrowhouse.com...

Fight the New World Order with Global Non Compliance 1/3
part one

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I had figured that as well, as we are not citizens of his state. It would be more fitting perhaps to bring up concerns to our own attorney generals. I am going to be doing some research on my state to see if any legal happenings took place against monsanto in my state, as well as any environmental concerns that have come about due to monsanto's business practices. even if one person from each state presented their concerns it would be a step in the right direction. I know that one day the people will be able to bring monsanto down. I will keep updating when I gather more info for my state. I know that not even 3 mins from my house there WAS a monsanto soy bean field. But that farmer has been bought out by a school they are going to be building there in the next year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join