It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin GOP Governor in Neofascist Union-Busting Drive; Mass Strike Dynamic Returns to US After Fo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Webster G. Tarpley, Ph.D.
TARPLEY.net
February 20, 2011

Washington DC, Feb. 20, 2011 – After four decades of disillusionment, and demoralization, disorientation and rout of the labor movement, the mass strike is once again abroad in the land. In dozens of state capitals, reactionary Republican governors and runaway legislatures, trading on the primitive slogans of the astroturf “Tea Party” movement, and controlled by sinister billionaires like the Koch brothers, are attempting to implement their lunatic agenda of tax cuts and deregulation for the super-rich, while attempting to shift the costs for Wall Street’s world economic depression onto the backs of working people. The reactionary attack is now so ferocious that it is goading increasing numbers of American working people into actions of self-defense, leading US workers to put aside the apathy and passivity which have prevailed in the labor movement since the Nixon administration.

In a move of unusual barbarism and savagery, Republican Governor Walker of Wisconsin is attempting to loot the wages and pensions of state workers, while at the same time stripping them of the right to collective bargaining which they have exercised for many decades. The workers, students, and citizens of Wisconsin and surrounding states have responded to Walker’s challenge by occupying the state capital and maintaining a continuous presence in downtown Madison. The situation, bearing certain formal similarities to Tahrir Square in Cairo, is now a focus of national and international attention.

Just read this figured I would post this I like Mr.Tarpley's idea: a sales tax on Wall Street.I also heard that crank call which exposed Walker as nothing more then a vassal of the Koch brothers just like the supposed labor supporting Democrats are beholden to various and the same backers of the GOP.The game is rigged and it's always been that way perhaps it's time for the global intifada to hit the US.Trust me the first time we send a Governor running to the hills the boys in Washington will collectively crap a brick.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Regarding the author sourced in the OP:

source

Webster Griffin Tarpley is a Marxist historian,[1] author, journalist, lecturer, and critic of US foreign and domestic policy.

A "marxist historian".

Marxists are notorious for their "revisionist history", so the term "marxist historian" is actually somewhat of an oxymoron.

Enough said. End of story.

edit on 2/25/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Demonrats caused most of the problems sam as here in Michigan by not watching the checkbook. Now were trying to get things under control. What is better a pay cut or 12,000 people laid off. I say let them go on strike lots of people looking for work

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Yes I think you're right and it's starting tomorrow as I posted in this thread; www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like it's set to begin tomorrow at high noon in front of state capitol buildings in all 50 states across the nation. I'll be standing in front of my capitol representing labor, and damn proud of it.

S&F, good post.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join