It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's STS-133 black UFO fly-by

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That was far out! Dang wonder what it was. I'm not surprised if it truly is one. There all over the place nowadays! Great find though!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by JimOberg

Are you saying that term UFO should be a flag to NASA to look for potential dangers?

It's worse than that. The term 'UFO' turns off NASA officials who have seen too many
bogus claims and FOIAs and may be tempted to throw the space baby out with
the space bathwater. The operations folks DO look at anything outside that's a potential clue to
vehicle malfunction which explains why cameras often do track and zoom on 'bogies'.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

There are only two more launches after this one.

Interesting video.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well if they look at bogies anyway which I would assume there's someone watching the cameras at all times then what is the purpose of your OP? I'm just trying to understand.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

i.e. if you set aside your preconceived notions that ufo's are alien spacecraft & genuinely get concerned about the dangers of said debris.... then u can probably use that enthusiasm to inform the folks at nasa about your 'technical' observations, as they have already given up on it because of public interest...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
It's worse than that. The term 'UFO' turns off NASA officials who have seen too many
bogus claims and FOIAs and may be tempted to throw the space baby out with
the space bathwater.

are you still considering the foia guns re sts-75 data - i mean the one which was already available on the ntrs site?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

That's the impression that I got, I just wanted clarity. Somehow I don't think NASA ever has or ever will stop looking at live feeds because they're sick of the public claims of UFOs, nor do I think they need our help in pointing out anomalies.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
SOME reports might indeed be aliens or plasma critters or time travelers or any number of things -- we can work that out later but should not get sidetracked in making/recording good observations with prejudgments on what the observations 'ought' to mean, to make us feel smart.

Big step forward... "SOME reports might indeed be aliens or plasma critters "

Screen capture engaged... I am framing this one

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The narrator kind of sounds flustered..."hubbadahubbadhubbada...the uh...payload bay doors have just opened...uh..."
Poor NASA...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I am sorry I am a little late to the conversation. I work, go to school, and have two children in the household.

Thank you for replying to some comments. I understand what you are trying to say but it gets kind of tiring seeing the UFO forums flooded with NASA debris, birds, and ballons. I do look at most of the videos that are posted and I feel that most do not even warrant the time to make a thread. This is what is hurting the UFO image(in my own opinion).

I can say that if anyone else posted this, they would also be ridiculed. There is another memeber that is posting any old video on the net. (I will not mention names). He is starting to get a little flack for posting easily explained videos.

There is a simple solution to the dilema, wait until the videos can be studied to post, or ask what is in the video to begin with. When you post a thread with a title,"Today's STS-133 black UFO fly-by," people are looking for a UFO not easily explained debris from opening payload doors or whatever. Hell, you are suppose to know these things with your knowledge on NASA. You did not even put a question mark behind the title. This is odd to me because it makes it seem like you want UFO's to show up so bad, that you just assume that everything is unidentifiable.

Anyways, I am not trying to sound to critical, but I think it might help you on your mission to inform people if you took a little more time and a little more thought into how you go about informing people.(lol takes a deep breath)

This is my two cents worth and thank you for replying and I will be looking for your future posts.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

What a stupid thread...
Caliber of ATS just dropped 10% thanks to you Jim...

That's not saying much. Ten percent of zero is zero. We're pretty much in the same place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join