It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know many people in med. field around Pgh,Pa and h1n1 is getting aggressive.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I'm in Pittsburgh as well, an RN (not in a hospital, though), and my husband is an RN as well at UPMC. He said alot of coworkers are out with the flu although no patient deaths (that he knows of) have been blamed on it. My 7 year old daughter has been home sick all week and alot of my kids classmates have been out, too. But we've heard nothing out of the ordinary.
Keep in mind- small children, the elderly, and those already with chronic diseases and lowered immune systems are the ones most at risk for developing complications (sometimes lethal). While I certainly don't doubt that there have been flu related deaths this season, there's always the possibility that they fell into these high risk groups.
BTW- I've never gotten the swine flu vaccine nor did my husband. Last year his unit was told that those workers who refused the vaccine provided by the hospital had to sign a document and wear a face mask while working. He never mentioned anything about this year, though.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Abbby because: no reason

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I myself think we have all forgotten how the flu works or a least used to work....... I am 50 years old and have gotten the flu probably about 10-12 times in my younger days.
Each time it was sweat/ vomit/ then sweat again......I never was near death but I sure thought it at the time.

Now you cannot open a paper or browse the internet without the big "FLU" headline....
Bird flu pig flu you name it and they like to throw it out there every chance they get for sure.
Ask yourself this WHY..........Can you say big bucks?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thank you all for sharing the data. I received some good info from here and it seems I may be jumping the gun a little on this, but who knows for sure. I thank you all again for the input and if any find any more data to share feel free to.

<< 1   >>

join